Diablo® III

So..what happened to Leah?

After Diablo's death, it's same to assume she died as well...or?
Reply Quote
Wait for the expansion for the unremarkable answers for this lazy, self-serving story.
Reply Quote
Yeah, i missed what happened, might have to replay act 4 and check again.
Reply Quote
Tyrael outright said that Diablo consumed her. She's gone for good.
Reply Quote
Tyrael says at teh very last point before diablo falls that Leahs soul will die with Diablo.

Taking that diablo didnt die, but teh soulstone still exists, she might be expansion content
Reply Quote
Shen: Do you think Leah is lost forever?
You: Diablo consumed her, she is gone.
Shen: Do you not think Leah's soul is stronger than that? But, oh, but then sometimes I- I forget that you have no seen everything that I have seen.

Excerpt from convo with Covetous Shen, who is supposed to be a god.
So there, you've got yourself an ambiguous answer. She could be dead, maybe not.
Reply Quote
I think, Tyrael said at the end of game (just before diablo) that she might be lost or something... I think that Blizzard will bring her back on the next expansion :)
Reply Quote
It breaks my heart to think of what happened to Leah.It's so unfair that it reminds me of rl....
I believe that she will return to the game and probably as an angel.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So.. what happened to Aiden? and Albrecht? and Tal Rasha? and the High Priest of the Zakarum? and Emperor Hakan? and any other mortal who was possesed by a demon?

If it was D1 or 2 I would guess dead. But sense we are talking about something alse then I guess that you will save Leah from the void of evilness and all will be happy and great and awesome.
Reply Quote
well all the previous "hosts" or vessels of the Prime evils would have died and their souls released from the bond when they got vanquished. However seeing as the souls/essences of diablo and the other evils return to the burning hells after some time(as Tyrael himself also spent 20 years piecing himself back together after the worldstone incident), i think the souls of the humans/nephalem might also be somewhere in limbo as well...(not sure if they end up in heaven or what not) and could be brought back through some means...we will likely find out in the expansion when we go searching for the lost soul of Leah(probably a plot to stop Adria or she will have captured her soul or whatever goofy storyline they come up with).
Act4 was way rushed to offer any real explanations to the whole Leah/diablo rebirth and Adrias involvement as well as what happened in the aftermath of Diablos defeat(which by the way was so anti-climatic i had no real gratification when i defeated him...)
Reply Quote
22/05/2012 19:58Posted by Darkness
I think, Tyrael said at the end of game (just before diablo) that she might be lost or something...

this.
Reply Quote
What I want in the expansion: The soul stone falls back to earth breaking apart and sending shards all over.(a bit cliche I might change it later) Adria is back tearing the world a new one trying to find the pieces. You find out what's happening and begin the search to keep Adria from getting a hold of all of the pieces. somewhere along the way you find a piece and a scholar who studied ancient scriptsblahblah you find out that Leah was not consumed entirely. When Diablo consumed her, he underestimated the will of her spirit and was not able to consume her completely and is trapped in the black soul stone just so happens your shard contains her soul. In an attempt to grab another shard Adria shows up and basically kicks your !@#. Scholar comes around bringing his mentor telling you that the only way to beat Adria is to bring Leah back he tells you in order for her to come back you have to find some ancient lord and capture his soul in a magic bucket(yeh I said it) When the scholar attempts to do the ritual nothing happens when his mentor mentions that in order to complete the spell someone has to offer their body as a transport or something... during this process the mentors body is destroyed big light show and leah is laying on the ground.
I'm hungry i'll edit this later..maybe.
Reply Quote
- Well no other hosts survived the exorcism up till now.... why should she be an example? Just cause she is "cute and innocent"? That would be the biggest illogical BS in the whole gaming universe.... If Blizz does this then they really just make a fool out of themselves.... Why did nobody care to save all the previous - now dead - dead hosts? The poor dark Wanderer... he would have deserved to be saved... after all he was the one who saved the world from the first Diablo..... yet nobody EMO-ed out after he died in D2....
- I smell some big BS cooking around.... :S
-
- On the other hand our character dies many many times along the game - especially in Hell and Inferno difficulty - and we just revive as if nothing has happened yelling "My death at the Dark Temple was just a slight setback!!!"...
- Yeah sure.... So our champ can revive a million times but everybody else can only die once??? And don't tell me that our deaths "do not count"... (Tho watching some "inferno "farming streams" I have the impression that actually it is the mobs who are farming the characters and not the other way.... I mean all I see is full or partial party-wipes once every 3rd minute.... Yeah,,, sure,,,, so the "brave and Heroic Champions" who are supposed to save the world from Diablo get wiped on the trash-mob around 666 666 times before they get to Diablo....) So actually if yousay that our deaths DO COUNT then it means that there is no single character who could save the world in Inferno difficulty cause you are not going to show me any one player who cleared norm-NM-Hell-Inferno with 0 deaths....
-
- TL;DR: Yeah, Leah is Dead, and - tho I also find her a death a bit unfortunate - she should stay like that or else Blizz just shat on their own lore that has happened up till now....
Edited by HaremMaster#2899 on 23/05/2012 08:54 BST
Reply Quote
Seems a bit fanboyish. I don't see why not it's a game anything can happen. Watching the same thing happen over and over gets a bit...boring. I say bring her back to kill her mother. Time = change. It's time for a change. I don't think everybody wants the same repetitive story line. Give it a change up.
Reply Quote
Yeah. She died.

One thing I salute Blizzard for doing is killing off Decard Cain and Leah. Not because I disliked them - but for keeping them dead.

If they had just brought them back, those deaths would have had NO impact.

Keep them dead.
Edited by Primordial#2787 on 23/05/2012 17:32 BST
Reply Quote
62 Undead Death Knight
I was kinda bummed with the ending really. No girl, no glorious ending sequence. Just a boring dialog. Meh, the game was already too short. If the 4 acts were about 10 I'd consider playing it but this is just... meh... I'm disappointed.
Reply Quote
23/05/2012 17:43Posted by Portaris
Meh, the game was already too short. If the 4 acts were about 10 I'd consider playing it but this is just... meh... I'm disappointed.

It was longer then D2 including LoD.

Nevertheless, there are some inconsistencies with the way Leah turned into Diablo's vessel compared too Albrecht/Aiden.

Albrecht/Aiden became a vessel by driving the soulstone in their head(and for that matter Tal'Rasha had the soulstone in his stomach), but Leah on the other hand was forced too absorb the soulstone.

When Diablo was defeated in D1 and D2, he turned back into Albrecht/Aiden, when he "died" in D3, he just burned up and didn't leave a body.
Reply Quote
Meh, the game was already too short. If the 4 acts were about 10 I'd consider playing it but this is just... meh... I'm disappointed.

It was longer then D2 including LoD.

Nevertheless, there are some inconsistencies with the way Leah turned into Diablo's vessel compared too Albrecht/Aiden.

Albrecht/Aiden became a vessel by driving the soulstone in their head(and for that matter Tal'Rasha had the soulstone in his stomach), but Leah on the other hand was forced too absorb the soulstone.

When Diablo was defeated in D1 and D2, he turned back into Albrecht/Aiden, when he "died" in D3, he just burned up and didn't leave a body.

-
- Having a body would have cut off the possibility for a possible plot-twist for the expansion... I mean IF we would have seen her body falling... well I guess you can't really put a soul back into a heap of smashed flesh and bones.... Hahaha.. :D
Edited by HaremMaster#2899 on 23/05/2012 18:32 BST
Reply Quote
First off, let's be fair. We didn't buy Diablo 3 for the story. That's not a bad thing to admit, and deep down, you know we didn't. But it has a better story than it has to. It has characters you end up caring about and before you saw what happened, you were holding your breath a little.

However...absolutely NOTHING is said of Leah after you complete Act 4. No memorial, no parting words, no nothing. Cain remarked about The Summoner after you killed him. Tyreal talks a bit about Izual after you give him the business. But NOTHING about Leah afterwards? Seems suspicious. And What about Adria? She just gets away with murder and nothing? And this missing Archangel of Wisdom, Malthael? There's too many loose ends here and Blizzard is usually very good about covering them up (or leaving them open on purpose to for expansions?)

This feels suspiciously like Diablo 2. You beat the game, no mention of Baal at all, game feels undone, and then BAM! Expansion, you kick Baal's !@#, and finish it all. I'll wager we haven't seen the last of Leah, Adria, and Malthael.
Reply Quote
I feel like the built up the fact that she had a strong spirit so i dont think shes dead. also her mother disapeared and the soulstone feel to who knows where. i think theyll have an expansion where adria tries to reincarnate them but you some how pull leahs soul out of the stone instead of the others.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]