Diablo® III

Best class for solo inferno

What is the best class for soloing inferno right now? (easiest,fastest)
Reply Quote
the troll
Reply Quote
Even though all classes to some extent have CC etc I believe Wizards are having the easiest time with crowd controls and escapes combined with the damage needed to efficiently clear. However, not many people are solo'ing inferno and you should just play a class you'll enjoy experiencing this difficulty in.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
easy question to answer DH's and wizards. Wzzy has the edge due to shield,
Reply Quote
If you have to ask that kind of question I dare say you aren't fit to even try Inferno alone.
Reply Quote
Ok thanks for ansewrs. What u mean Sephirvine you thought one cant solo inferno or something?
Reply Quote
Why? its obvious that some classes have advanteges over others when soloing
Reply Quote
Monk, for more info look into the monk subforum.
Reply Quote
a wiz already cleared inferno so i would say that class have a edge.
Reply Quote
imo Battle-net . It kill all in its path!
Reply Quote
At the risk of feeding the trolls, D3's only been out a week and no group as of yet has beaten inferno let alone someone soloing it.

At the moment I'm playing my wizard through inferno and it's going fairly well but the problem is I doubt many people have every class at 60 in order to accuratly compare and they certanly have not beaten inferno on them all.

I'd say though the ranged classes have a slight edge on just general trash and most likley the main bosses but when it comes to rare packs, which is argubly the hardest thing to deal with in solo, every class has there strengths depending on what random attributes each pack is given.
People who say wizard try fast/jailer/mortar combos :P.

But to be honest in answer to anyone trying to pick "the best class at x" we've already seen nerfs to the monk for example for being too good in some situation ( See Athene's World First video ;) ) And I suspect many balance changes will happen nerfs or buffs untill all the classes are close to the same so honeslty just pick the class which you enjoy the most and learn the in's and out of your abilities and find way to counter your weaknesses and consentrate on being a good player rather in general than trying to find an easy route to finish this very difficult game. GLHF!
Reply Quote
Depends what you want to do on inferno.

If you just want to get through inferno and complete the game? DH and Wizard due to mobility and shield and crown control. Wizard can teleport at least four times with Loophole rune, and you can just bypass loads of content. DH has vault which has no cooldown so you can vault pass everything.

Want to actually kill things in inferno, ie Champion mobs and find good loot? I'm going to say Monk due to his self high healing and good defense. Then Barb due to the many life steal skill he has. And he has also has the best 120 second cooldowns as he has three of them which can all be used at the same time.

I wouldn't want to fight Champion mobs with a Wizard because he's damn squishy even with his defense skills. Same for DH.
Reply Quote
I would say wizard until they fix the armor abuse.
But its funny that some wizards still don't know how to abuse this mechanic in inferno and they complain that they die always lol
Reply Quote
At the risk of feeding the trolls, D3's only been out a week and no group as of yet has beaten inferno let alone someone soloing it.

At the moment I'm playing my wizard through inferno and it's going fairly well but the problem is I doubt many people have every class at 60 in order to accuratly compare and they certanly have not beaten inferno on them all.

I'd say though the ranged classes have a slight edge on just general trash and most likley the main bosses but when it comes to rare packs, which is argubly the hardest thing to deal with in solo, every class has there strengths depending on what random attributes each pack is given.
People who say wizard try fast/jailer/mortar combos :P.

But to be honest in answer to anyone trying to pick "the best class at x" we've already seen nerfs to the monk for example for being too good in some situation ( See Athene's World First video ;) ) And I suspect many balance changes will happen nerfs or buffs untill all the classes are close to the same so honeslty just pick the class which you enjoy the most and learn the in's and out of your abilities and find way to counter your weaknesses and consentrate on being a good player rather in general than trying to find an easy route to finish this very difficult game. GLHF!

You are fairly clueless aren't you?

Inferno has been beat, both solo and as a team. Soloer did it 5 hours earlier then the team but he was a Wiz kiting diablo from extreme range and killing with Hydra so well, thats just how it is.

Current class ranking in inferno would be.

Vs Bosses:
1. Wiz
2. DH
3. Monk
4. Barb
5. WD

Vs Champions and Rare packs solo:
1. Barb
2. Monk
3. DH
4. WD
5. Wiz

Vs Champions and rare packs in team all classes are more or less well balanced as long as they work together.

And the reason i say current is because stats such as add all resistances will change this a lot and make mortar fire and rarepack effects a lot more manageable then they are today.
Reply Quote
Blackmarch is spot on good post, though no doubt things will change as characters get buffed or nefed so honestly its just best to play with the class that suits your play style and you enjoy playing. As Blackmarch and Zypress said though only class to solo inferno that I know is officaly recognised is Wizard so if you are just after a class that you know can do it the only real choice is the wizard. Perhaps other classes have done it but simply not bothered to post or maybe they allready have and I just haven't seen it. Good luck with your decision, please let us know what you decide.
Reply Quote
Its cha champs and elites that drop the loot in this game.
And I cant but confirm that so far I have not met any class that can compare to barbarian when it comes to eating Hellpakes. Absurd self healing on this class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]