Diablo® III

Green Set Items - Best in-game?

90 Human Warrior
Heya,
As most of you know, the "green" set items in Diablo III are supposedly the best you can get, thus, needed to progress properly in Inferno mode. However, I have done a fair amount of Auction House research, and found that most of this gear is only slightly better than my level 57-60 rare items. As I am currently getting 1 shotted (as Demon Hunter) on Act II Inferno mode, I realize that any blue poster would tell me to "gear up" before attempting further progress. Okay, so lets look at the items required to gear up.

- Danetta's Rage / Danetta's Fury, these are a set of 1h crossbows with a pretty amazing setbonus of 130 Dexterity, and 3% increased damage against elites. Great! However, the best one I have been able to find on Ah has 470 DPS. Comparing that to my current 950 DPS crossbow, its utterly and completely useless. I wouldn't even bother placing it on AH as no level 60 could ever make any progress with this.

- Natalya's Green Set - The "best" Demon Hunter set in-game. If I equip the entire set with the correct random stats, I would maybe have around 50-60k health and 60 damage reduction (currently have 48%). Seeing as regular beasts in Act II hit me for 83k, I'm fairly certain that with the best available gear in the game, I would still be getting my behind handed to me on a silver platter.

Now, I'm wondering what blue posters mean when they tell us to gear up before attempting to progress in Inferno difficulty. Obviously, not even considering the most recent nerfs, most players will be forced to skip nearly all champion packs, as they will die to a few attacks with no real means of survival. As a demon hunter I am forced to use slows, and kite over a large area while dealing as much damage as possible. Unfortunately, there are many instances where there is simply not enough space to kite, or I play against vortex / teleporting / fast champions that reach me and 1-hit-kill me before I have a chance to vault or smokescreen. Additionally, if I am fortunate with a slow moving champion pack that has large amounts of health but are easily kite-able, I will still hit the enrage timer before being able to down them.
Personally, I don't approve of skipping champion packs unless they are particularly nasty, but when attempting Act II it seems that there is no possibility to kill any champs even with the best possible gear in the game. If blizzard is really asking us to gear up, there should at least be amazing gear that would help us survive these champs, especially for fragile classes that are currently getting instakilled.

I would be immensely grateful for any explanation on how to obtain gear that would allow me to survive at least 1-2 hits from enemy champions, or give me the damage to kill them before they have the chance to reach me (obviously impossible). Thanks!
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Druid
Agree 100% i mean i got myself a legendary helm drop yesterday, with no base stats on it just random gold pickup, health globe(secondary stats) that are totally useless cuz for me as a monk personally i need an insane amount of resist and Hp to be able to at least survive 1 melee blow (without serenity or boon), but onto my point how can i possible survive these mobs that are 1 shotting me if the gear provided is just utterly useless i mean that legendary helm i got i wouldn't even vendor it cuz im afraid the vendor would spit in my face...

my point is if blizzard is saying that were undergeared then please show me the gear cuz after 10 + kills of butcher and god knows how many trash clears in act 1 im yet to replace some of my hell gear i got in act 4.
Edited by Teddz#2471 on 23/05/2012 16:39 BST
Reply Quote
It wouldn't surprise me at all if blizzard sell this gear at a later date for real-life currency.

At this point nothing will.
Reply Quote
Yeah what is the point. My wiz has 50k health, 20kdps and im still getting 1 shot in act 2. Thought my luck had changed when a legendary dropped from butcher runs. 650 dps. Not as high as my 820 dps blue. The weapon icon should of been a troll face
Reply Quote
Barb has 50k health, 800 all resists and...

4k dps.

It's the only possible way I could kill the first few elite packs in A2, and even then it consisted of putting rend on them and running waiting for potion to come up... repeat for 20 minutes.

Riveting gameplay.
Reply Quote
They're going to nerf A2 on, without doubt.
Reply Quote
23/05/2012 18:00Posted by Yaotzin

I dont think so, it was intended to be that hard. wait for act 3...
Reply Quote
To be honest it just feels a bit unfair. I am behind on gear and progression because I slept and went to work.
If the game started out this way I would of had no issues. Just feels like blizzard did it the wrong way round. Imagine if they buffed dragon soul difficulty after stars cleared it...
That is the reason why there is an out roar.
Reply Quote
My friends.. this is fair enough for us to be !@#$ed up in inferno difficulty. To be honest, even you geared up your character you won't survive in inferno if you still doing the same thing what you are doing in normal unto hell difficulty. you are very lucky if you survived the wrath of butcher in act 1, but it's completely different in act 2 and in the other acts.

Even wiz that has imbalance skills that can be use in inferno such as Energy Armor with Force armor rune, + Familiar with Ancient Guardian Rune. They can only survive up to 3-5 hits with zero cool down on group of normal or elite mobs, but what if for the large group of mobs with teleport, stun and Pull skills?

There is a level cap in Diablo 3, level 60. as of now this level and these high gears are only suitable on Hell difficulty, or maybe if you are very lucky in act 1 to act 2 inferno. For the Inferno Difficulty, you need to wait if they will increase the level cap maybe in expansion, or in the future updates - add some skills, or release some new Legendary and Set items that we can farm in Hell Difficulty that we can use in Inferno.

"There is no point to continue playing D3 if we can finish the inferno in a short time."

And also, play the inferno in single player.
Reply Quote
Disregard the inferno, Enjoy the other upcoming features of D3 - Arena and Real Money Auction $_$... farm farm farm... money money money..
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
23/05/2012 18:28Posted by Hallfrid

I dont think so, it was intended to be that hard. wait for act 3...

I think they have to, also got a barbarian with 50k hp, lots of resist and 11k dps. But The Butcher is like 10 times easier then any packs in Act II. They one shot you as if u had grey gear on. Don't want to spend hours on one elite pack. Even if I restart game its still there cause its part of the campain. I could ofc get a bit better gear but that would be the best gear ingame...well what about Act III and IV, if there's no nerf or item upgrades incomming we will all have to play mages and kite backs for 1 hour to even get near.
Reply Quote
It's not hard though is it. Hard is when it requires lots of skill to be able to avoid damage and get the kill.

Diablo's idea of Hard is something that you can't possibly avoid teleporting into your face and one shotting you. That's not hard it's just retarded or enjoyable for masochists.

Give us a skill based challenge rather than a patience based challenge.
Reply Quote
I want to see maby 2 skills to them have 20 30 40

man should see

20 30 40 50 60

I have my 4 skills must now for buff not relly someting that dps me.
Or 4 dps skills but do i need someting use in buffs. Barbarian should get 2 skills slots to :)
We some stay in middle of all attacks.

Wizard and other stuff have it easy some can stay behind of a barbarian
Reply Quote
I am in the same boat, I cannot get any decent upgrades. So far I am relyingon the AH just to get something strong enough to kill maybe a few basic mobs in Act 2 early on. I am at the illusion bridge but as soon as I see an elite pack I may as well quit or just lead it into a corner and die so I can continue on without it pulling. This sort of gameplay is more of a slog than fun.

I have 37k health and about 60% damage reduction but only about 40-50% on most resists. My dps is a sorry 13k...

I have done Act 1 to death, and unfortunatly i cannot see any point any more. The mobs are just too fast, too damaging and generally too powerful. I use a wizard and their force armour was nerfed as was critical mass, the only two powers most players with regular gear not too different from mine could progress with, not that I got the chance to play with those abilities before the nerf, I have only just arrived in Act 2.

Fact is, if you try and buy gear off the AH, break your bank etc and go broke to get what you want, your likely going to end up with really low damage or low defences. Not that players are helping eachother out because most people put any half decent equipent on the AH for like 10 million. Not sure how you guys get that money, I have only just got to a million.
Reply Quote
Don't worry :) Yesterday I spent my last 50k gold for repairs and now when I get back from work I will farm on hell to get some gold so I can repete the process :) I am in act 2 inferno with a wiz and mostly everything that touches me will kill me. Also I am forced to play the only build that can help me kill things by kiting with hydra and blizzard but I enjoy the most to do direct damage...
Reply Quote
they told us, that gona be hard, why people cry so much?
even in d2, you aimed for the 75 all rez (now probably gona be something like 600), inferno must be hard and is fine like this.
Already now there are some people that are farmed as hell, there are streamers that say well if soemoen want to donate me gold, you can add me as friend now, and they get like 5 milions in 10mins (dont realy understand why people donate them, but well fanboys) and thes people can do everything easy solo already (10 days since the game came out!), dont realy understand why people is crying so much about that, when this game goan be played for YEARS, and people gona keep on hunt thes items.
Dont forget what kind of items was in d2! Same thing like is now in D3, the color (legendary, set, etc) dont say this item is the best in slot, just that have more stats! If the stats are right it can be realy good, or just a crap one.
Everything depend on how are you building your character, what are you missing on survability, and where you can add the dmg and loose this a bit of survability, than about spec etc etc etc.
We are farming for 10 dayst, not 5 years like some of us did in d2. Better items gona come, take it easy and keep farming
Reply Quote
Except they didn't aim for 75 all res, because they were casuals. The game wasn't broken, there was no HITSCAN, projectiles and attacks could be avoided, skillfully.
Unless you were horrible. Then you'd have to stack vit and add mana items to keep using your skills, add strength and dex to use your items.
Oh, Uniques were useful, then. Rares could be better, but the gap wasn't so very large and so -common- as it is, here.
I played diablo 2 for about 12 years, now.
Reply Quote
It's not hard though is it. Hard is when it requires lots of skill to be able to avoid damage and get the kill.

Diablo's idea of Hard is something that you can't possibly avoid teleporting into your face and one shotting you. That's not hard it's just retarded or enjoyable for masochists.

Give us a skill based challenge rather than a patience based challenge.

True

they told us, that gona be hard, why people cry so much?
even in d2, you aimed for the 75 all rez (now probably gona be something like 600), inferno must be hard and is fine like this.
Already now there are some people that are farmed as hell, there are streamers that say well if soemoen want to donate me gold, you can add me as friend now, and they get like 5 milions in 10mins (dont realy understand why people donate them, but well fanboys) and thes people can do everything easy solo already (10 days since the game came out!), dont realy understand why people is crying so much about that, when this game goan be played for YEARS, and people gona keep on hunt thes items.
Dont forget what kind of items was in d2! Same thing like is now in D3, the color (legendary, set, etc) dont say this item is the best in slot, just that have more stats! If the stats are right it can be realy good, or just a crap one.
Everything depend on how are you building your character, what are you missing on survability, and where you can add the dmg and loose this a bit of survability, than about spec etc etc etc.
We are farming for 10 dayst, not 5 years like some of us did in d2. Better items gona come, take it easy and keep farming

Also true
Reply Quote
Why are you all complaining about inferno? It was made to be the hardcore of hardcore levels and gains hardness exponentially. It is thee way it was designed and the way it shall always remain. My friends beat it in just around 2-3hours an act! Play pubs you need a decent sized party with at least 2monks for best success. I wish you luck and enjoy the OPOPOP!
Reply Quote
I agree with Lucian. Inferno was meant to be damn near impossible. The game designers/ slash testers played it through, and how hard they said it SHOULD be, was doubled. it wasn't meant to be beaten overnight.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]