Diablo® III

Best class for HC?

I need some help...

I play Monk on SC and im 58 almost done with Hell tho I am kind of struggling.
Anyway i want to reroll to HC cuz its going to be a more insane challenge for me and its time to improve my gameplay.

My question is what class should I choose. I really want to start a barb but im just not sure if melee is rly the best option for HC.
Reply Quote
barb is the best :)
Reply Quote
Sword and board Barb is awesome and really hard to kill.
Demon hunter is good if you have the skills to stay out of the fight, traps etc.
Reply Quote
WD is a solid choise due to all the minions he can summon and powerful AoE from distance. You can usually stay back and spam spells while the zombies/follower tanks the enemies.
Reply Quote
Do not pick barb. Barb has extreme difficulties soloing in hell and inferno. Pick monk if you absolutely have to pick a melee class, but be prepared to run away and reset the game a lot.
Reply Quote
Maybe it's play through normal HC with what you're most familiar with.
Reply Quote
so right now im hesitating barb / DH... still waiting for bnet to be back up
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Well if the servers are gettin back up imma start a WD Hardcore in a Co-op with randoms :)

The skills they have seems great fun tho!!
Reply Quote
well WD seems to be the eaiest class to stay alive,,in theory at least..still kinda squishy if you ask me...Barb and monk self heals are nice tho rare encounters will rape you anyway if you dont have the gear....so i guess every class has its pros and cons...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
I've not played others yet but my monk is now level 52 in hell and, granted with some gear buying from the auction house, it has managed quite well so far. Monks aren't too OP, so it still gives exciting play. And it's also not to weak that you have to kite stuff around all the time which would be annoying.

So far, I've found monks to be quite well balanced.

A few elite suffix combinations aside. It's very playable. But that's hardcore for you, always have to be on your toes. :D

It wouldn't be fun if it wasn't challenging. :P
Edited by Fluffywolf#2534 on 20/05/2012 16:35 BST
Reply Quote
You have a high level Monk, so I don't have to tell you about all their survivability abilities. You probably don't use most of them at the moment however, because you're not in that Hardcore mindset, but thanks to their great shielding, healing and regenerating abilities and passives; my level 32 Hardcore Monk hasn't ever dropped below 75% health.

I still haven't used a potion yet either; I've been selling them.

Granted I'm only just finishing normal, but it's been a complete breeze.
Reply Quote
well I`m not saying i've played the best way and most efficient with monk
But tbh i didnt use any potion either in normal.. cleared it with 0 deaths... Mantra of regen with serenity and healing breath or w/e its called.. no problems

But u will see later its not as easy :d
Reply Quote
WD and barb are those who've worked best for players in my friend group, ie as the classes who people have survived the farthest as. I'm unsure why, but at least WD has one of the absolute best spells with a ressurect after level 30 (with 90 sec cd).

Also, getting to level 30 shouldn't be a problem as the real harsh stuff comes in nm/hell where champions can have really nasty combos (arcane+frost=madness).
Reply Quote

But tbh i didnt use any potion either in normal.. cleared it with 0 deaths... Mantra of regen with serenity and healing breath or w/e its called.. no problems

I believe, sir, that you are in the possession of incendiary pantaloons which are currently in full combustion.
Reply Quote

I believe, sir, that you are in the possession of incendiary pantaloons which are currently in full combustion.

LOL ^_^
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
You have a high level Monk, so I don't have to tell you about all their survivability abilities. You probably don't use most of them at the moment however, because you're not in that Hardcore mindset, but thanks to their great shielding, healing and regenerating abilities and passives; my level 32 Hardcore Monk hasn't ever dropped below 75% health.

I still haven't used a potion yet either; I've been selling them.

Granted I'm only just finishing normal, but it's been a complete breeze.

I also play hardcore and focus on defensive abilities, also selling most potions, but some rare and elite packs can have some devestating combination of suffixes that all of the monks defensive abilities can't counter always counter, and it creates some really cool nearly death experiences. :P

Act 4 nightmare first mob was hardest for me to survuve. Now in hell I do coop first before I solo, but in normal and nightmare I solo'd all content first before going coop.
Reply Quote
WD seems to be very good choice for newcomers
Good utility and CC
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]