Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Players 'Shouldn't Expect DLC.

90 Undead Warrior
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1375436/diablo_3_players_shouldnt_expect_dlc_expansions_blizzard.html

Means what? means blizzard made this game to last 2 months, they have titan, and another MMO coming on the way, they dont really care about RMAH or the Diablo Franchise, and it can well be seen on the Game.

Your thoughts?
Reply Quote
there wont be dlc
there will be patches to fix bugs etc but no dlc
probably an expansion in 12-18 months

thats what i expect from diablo 3 (personal opinion)
Reply Quote
I do not want DLC i want them to implement some simple additions to make this the game i was hoping for.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
Well "if" the Game will be a huge Success maybe they could reward the Players with some extra Levels or new Enemy Designs as a thanks, hmm?
Reply Quote
Unless it makes them more money, they wont
Reply Quote
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1375436/diablo_3_players_shouldnt_expect_dlc_expansions_blizzard.html

Means what? means blizzard made this game to last 2 months, they have titan, and another MMO coming on the way, they dont really care about RMAH or the Diablo Franchise, and it can well be seen on the Game.

Your thoughts?

Sure, it was Blizzards master idea. Make a game for 10 years, spend millions and then drop all support two months later. Sure, great plan, great promotion for the entire company, lol.

Blizzard is going to patch content, iron out the bugs and inbalances.

The core gameplay is AWESOME. It just needs tweaking cause nobody could predict what several million people would do with all the skills, drops and AH. It's UNPREDICTABLE. D2 wasn't any better. It was just as crappy in some aspects, it just improved enough from D1, while the eventual Polishing of D2 got people's hopes up too high for D3.
Unrealistic expectations based on a game that was polished for a decade of player feedback... D3 has had minimal player feedback - thus the issues.

Once the first few patches roll through - expect most haters to come back and spend the next 10 years eating their own words.
Edited by ArchangelEST#2533 on 20/05/2012 22:56 BST
Reply Quote
All I expect is servers that work, and continued balance / bug patches, and that pvp is released working. Nothing more can be expected from a game like this, it is not an MMO.
Reply Quote
There will most likely be at least one expansion for the game (not DLCs).
Reply Quote
Expansion>Dlc any day of the month tbh.
Reply Quote
Expansion =/= DLC. Expansion > DLC. You're tripping dude.
Reply Quote
Blizzard does not do DLCs, there will be more than 1 expansions tho
Reply Quote
They said prior to going live that there wouldn't be any DLC or Content Patches. This isn't really anything new... In fact, it was even a Blue post on one of the forums if memory serves. If you bought this expecting DLC/Updates, you're going to be sad.
Reply Quote
Because they are working on Diablo 4.
I mean its not likely that blizzard will start new franchise. Starcraft, Diablo and Warcraft until they turn into dust.
Reply Quote
22/05/2012 10:59Posted by BJSV

Diablo 3 is the last game in D3 triology. There might be other games in the Diablo universe but it won't be Diablo 4
Reply Quote
22/05/2012 11:02Posted by Ceppi

Diablo 3 is the last game in D3 triology. There might be other games in the Diablo universe but it won't be Diablo 4

OK Diablo and Friends, but it will be diablo game.
Reply Quote
DLC's are EXTREMELY stupid. Expansion packs are fine.
Reply Quote
20/05/2012 22:39Posted by Raiden
Unless it makes them more money, they wont

Simple as that...
Reply Quote
If diablo gets DLC's i'll burn this game , seriously the last thing we need are dlc's for a game we paid for already , i mean patch it , make some changes and give us an expansion later on but NO DLC's! That stuff is for games like black ops and Mass effect , if you give us stuff, implement it in either patches or an expansion like D2

(no offense ME or Cod players, i play those games too but dlc's dont belong in this game IMO)

just don't screw us by making us pay for minor changes you could implement in patches

PS. just read the comment further above which states that there will be no DLC's or content patches:D glad for that but at least make another UBER event or something similiar later on
Edited by ApHeX#2623 on 22/05/2012 11:23 BST
Reply Quote
Screw DLC anyways. I don't want any unless it's free. I'd rather just have a full on expansion which I'm sure we'll be seeing. Lots to address in the story still and lots of potential.

We're already getting screwed with the "always online" bs... don't need to be screwed with DLC.
Edited by GodEmperor#1176 on 22/05/2012 11:23 BST
Reply Quote
I would like DLC or an expansion.
I would love to see extra character classes
Character creator to change the look of your character model
New lands perhaps for an expansion the same as they did for D2.
Perhaps a skyrim style land or the jungle from D2

This game is very good and has potential and is worth extra investment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]