Diablo® III

What to do after inferno?

The reason many people stayed with Diablo 2 for so long, was that lvl 99 took ages to get.
You could either MF run, or baalrun to try and hit 99.

Here you get the 60 cap in a day and after you got inferno on farm.. what is it left to do in this game? I really don't like this lvl cap, it should take ages to hit the cap, not like WoW and just faceroll to 60 in a day. Don't know what they thought about there =/

Maybe adding PvP will give you something to do, but without a ladder system or balanced pvp I doubt it will be more than some fun thing you do to try out your new gear vs other players.
Edited by Zaibuf#2464 on 22/05/2012 18:10 BST
Reply Quote
err so what did you do in D2 when you hit level 99?
Reply Quote
Play barbarian if u dont wanna finish fast :) you will stuck at act 2 on inferno.
Reply Quote
34 Human Paladin
You can open new character and try another classes, play CO-OP with friends and wait to the PVP.
Reply Quote
22/05/2012 18:09Posted by Ezza12
err so what did you do in D2 when you hit level 99?

Actually never hit 99, got to 96 as highest ^^
But that kept me going, after I hit 99 I would probably try and cap a different class.
Edited by Zaibuf#2464 on 22/05/2012 18:11 BST
Reply Quote
Diablo 2 was never about leveling. I doubt you really played it, if you think so.
Diablo 2 was all about gear, trading and PvP. If you were 94, 96 or 99 didn't matter that much at all.
Reply Quote
22/05/2012 18:10Posted by Branstone
You can open new character and try another classes, play CO-OP with friends and wait to the PVP.

Yes, already planning to cap all classes.
But since you played through the game once you have have capped crafting and got nice gear, so leveling up goes super fast.
Played CO-OP all the way to inferno and soloed inferno.
Reply Quote
Well you can always duel with friends, or make trading games to bargain for some nice runes and make rune words, or just do MF runs to get that specific Unique item which kicks !@# for your build... Oh wait.
Reply Quote
So there you go, roll a different class. And if you want the true difficulty, try beat the game on inferno in hardcore mode.
Reply Quote
Diablo 2 was never about leveling. I doubt you really played it, if you think so.
Diablo 2 was all about gear, trading and PvP. If you were 94, 96 or 99 didn't matter that much at all.

Maybe not, but knowing that you haven't hit the lvl cap kept you playing, since you hadn't really "cleared" all of D2.
Reply Quote
And they really failed with the lobby in this game. It's an online game, but you can't really talk to anyone but your B.net friends.
Both D1 and D2 had lobbys, dno why they removed that.. atleast you could talk crap with other players while eating etc.
Reply Quote

Diablo 2 was sometimes about leveling. Getting to 99 became an obsession for some, including one of my friends. It was a big deal and required serious dedication for the (what felt like)eternal grind. Not everyones cup of tea, but some certainly enjoyed it.
Reply Quote
i had 2 barbs at the level cap in D2, i just kept playing for the fun of playing the game because i liked it.

ill do the same again in recon in D3.
Reply Quote
Sounds to me like someone shouldnt have skipped inferno packs :)
Reply Quote
You don't even get the satisfaction of progressing here.
It takes you 20 min to solo a boss in inferno and he drops 2 blues.. I know blues and rares can be super good in this game, but the whole point of MF runs were to see all those different colors fill your screen :)
Edited by Zaibuf#2464 on 22/05/2012 18:18 BST
Reply Quote
If you beat inferno in softcore then you try beat it in hardcore.
Reply Quote
22/05/2012 18:15Posted by Munx
Sounds to me like someone shouldnt have skipped inferno packs :)

Fyi I only skipped Vortex+Molten combos, rest I solod + cleared, every quest took about 2 hours to do.
Reply Quote
Here are a few options :

1)Start a new character.
2)Try Hardcore.
3)Farm for items/money.
4)If you're looking for another reason to hate on this game,so be it,quit.

Although i haven't played D2,because i just couldn't get used to the horrible graphics(sorry,don't mean to insult anyone i know that game is old).As far as i understand leveling your character to the max level is a bonus,you don't get any addition skills past certain level,probably stats.
Edited by PainKiller#2270 on 22/05/2012 18:20 BST
Reply Quote
You don't even get the satisfaction of progressing here.
It takes you 20 min to solo a boss in inferno and he drops 2 blues.. I know blues and rares can be super good in this game, but the whole poing of MF runs were to see all those different colors fill your screen :)

you dont take any satisfaction of taking down the boss after 20mins worth of work?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Nobody is at 'after inferno' atm.
Nobody has it on farm yet.

Besides that.
Thare are 5 characters to level.
There are many many different builds per char which changes playstyle completely.
There is indeed hardcore, which i recommend everyone to try out at least once.

And remember, games generally used to be completed in 10-20 hours.
You've probably already spent way more than that with 1 char, so the game is already win.
There is no harm in considering the game 'done' for you and move on to another game or whatever, and maybe come back next year with a different char.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]