Diablo® III

Best Witch Doctor Build, Hands Down!

Hey there, Ive been experimenting a lot with all sorts of Voodoo tricks, and truthfully I have learned the following...

-Witch Doctor, contrary to belief, isn't a straight forward class. Just look at pre-level 40 where you can live forever just by stacking Health Globe drop type moves. This Class calls for loopholes and trickiness. We are not barbarians that just run into combat, cmon now..

-Mana is the most important thing, period. 1 spell that can generate a heal costs about 100 mana... and that 100 mana will lead to about 7k-10k health healed at level 45. Not many things should be used to siphon life, as a good witch doctor should have already learned tactics to not take damage, Period.

-Believe it or not, your pets are #1. There are many builds out there with no pets involved. I find this stupid. People like to think other Buffs and such are better, I've learned that 4 tanks is the ultimate route to success.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fSUdYT!bUX!YZZZYZ
1) Soul Harvest your enemies
2) Locust Swarm your enemies
3) Spirit Walk to behind your enemies for optimal pet distraction
4) Locust Swarm your enemies again if needed (from the other side, whatever...)
5) Zombie Charger SPAM SPAM SPAM BOOM BOOM BOOM

This will give you enough mana to Spam with literally never ever losing more than 50% of your mana. Use Soul Harvest if your health becomes questionable, Spirit walk gets you out of anything and regens 30%+ mana. Keep Garg and Dogs on cooldown always.

Ive changed Zombie Bears into Exploding Beasts so younger levels can harness this too, but this build has lead me through everything without a single problem and minimal deaths.
Reply Quote
Sure that sounds fun and when something in inferno looks at you wrong you're gonna die lol
Reply Quote
I am running a similar build and its a lot of fun, and feels effective. I use Spirit Barrage over Zombie Charger and Acid Cloud over Dogs. Yours has the advantage of vision quest which I have been looking to fit in and dogs for more stable protection. I will give it a shot!
Reply Quote
Your build is fine and dandy in nightmare but you will start running into problems in hell.
Your minions including the gargantuan get one- or twoshotted and running up to a pack of enemies to Soul Harvest + Locust before you Spirit Walk is a sure way to get killed.
I don't even want to know how terrible it will be in inferno.
Trust me when I say that the nature of the game changes completely when you get to late hell and inferno.

However you say that your build has led you through everything so I am going to try it on for size right now regardless.
Who knows I might be in for a pleasant surprise but I hold no illusions.
Edited by Thanatos#2580 on 25/05/2012 18:18 BST
Reply Quote
You have to build single target spells, intelligence and dps things. Dots are best on WD
Locust Swarm (fire swarm)
Haunted (mana reg)
Grasp of the Dead (80% slow)
Spirit Walk (7% hp/sec)
Darts for autoattacks (with any enchant i prefer fire or mana reg)
Wall of zombies (for hardcore damage go for Pile on) or some other spell you like
With this one i had no problems to kite even those elites with invulnerable minions
P.S. YOU HAVE TO KITE THEM ON INFERNO BECAUSE THEY CAN ONE HIT YOU!!!!!
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aeSZUk!ZWX!bccacY
I think this will do for the boss fights as well because you still need to kite a lot with WD
Edited by TheEnforcer#2745 on 25/05/2012 18:40 BST
Reply Quote
Yeah, I thought I'd find a way to use the dog / gargantuan combo as well. Made it half-way through hell, but then reality threw a brick in my face and by inferno act 1 I was spamming darts and vision questing like the rest.

It just doesn't work, dogs scale too poorly, and the most anyway seems to be able to say about gargantuans is that "with good gear they stand up to whites in act 1 inferno for a few hits", I mean, really? I don't have problems with whites as is, it's the champions everyone wants to bring down, and summons don't help at all.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I thought I'd find a way to use the dog / gargantuan combo as well. Made it half-way through hell, but then reality threw a brick in my face and by inferno act 1 I was spamming darts and vision questing like the rest.

I appreciate the later news, cause I am only just starting Act 1 Inferno. Been grinding Hellish Unicorn Level for sick gear and XP.

However I still strongly encourage people to give this a try, at least until you start Inferno.

Thanks everyone
Reply Quote
The "watch doctor" build works amazingly in inferno with acid cloud/grasp and garg/dogs/vision quest/spirit walk/hex or fetishes. anytime you use grasp you'll have 4 spells on cooldown because of the gargs/dogs/fetish or hex. your mana regen is INSANE not even including what you get from your passive skills and you can just spam the !@#$ out of acid cloud or whatever high dmg spell you want..acid cloud has worked best for me though.
Reply Quote
how can you have both dogs and spirit walk??? same click on keyboard .... is there a way to have both?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
nope :) you need to checkbox in the main menu under gameplay: elective mode.
then u can put any skill anywhere you like!
Edited by Blackdog#1376 on 29/05/2012 18:59 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
this spec is very good for inferno http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#afUdQP!VUW!ZccZbb
Reply Quote
29/05/2012 19:11Posted by Kadabraa
this spec is very good for inferno

I use this exact build with 2 exceptions. I use Mass Confusion in place of Fetish Army and Spiritual Attunement instead of Veil.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#afUdjQ!VUb!acZZbb

As others have said, I've played around with my creature summons and they just die too quick to be of any real benefit.
Reply Quote

30/05/2012 22:58Posted by ArxHavenloft
this spec is very good for inferno

I use this exact build with 2 exceptions. I use Mass Confusion in place of Fetish Army and Spiritual Attunement instead of Veil.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#afUdjQ!VUb!acZZbb

As others have said, I've played around with my creature summons and they just die too quick to be of any real benefit.

how do you people survive in inferno with only mass confusion or fetish army to keep the the monsters away from you?
Reply Quote

how do you people survive in inferno with only mass confusion or fetish army to keep the the monsters away from you?

I kite a lot. You can spirit walk into them, soul harvest, mass confuse, voodoo, bears. If need be spirit walk should be available again soon. If it's something you don't think you can handle at close range, just sit off screen and shift+dart them while kiting. Darts out-range any mob I've run across thus far. I prefer not to play alone as well.. Get a monk or a barbarian friend to run with ya and it's hard to fail, even in inferno.. Granted, there are some champion spawns that might cost ya some repair bills but overall it's to be expected imo.. Though I've yet to get passed act 2 so I can't speak for anything passed that.

I do have 28k hp and about 21k damage.
Edited by ArxHavenloft#1130 on 31/05/2012 05:14 BST
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
Lol this makes me laugh so hard, if I put my build up you'd all pull faces and get confused.

I'm a battle WD baby.

Also one shotted in inferno? You're doing it wrong ;)
Reply Quote
Your build is fine and dandy in nightmare but you will start running into problems in hell.
Your minions including the gargantuan get one- or twoshotted and running up to a pack of enemies to Soul Harvest + Locust before you Spirit Walk is a sure way to get killed.
Trust me when I say that the nature of the game changes completely when you get to late hell and inferno.

However you say that your build has led you through everything so I am going to try it on for size right now regardless.

Your pets will only get one shotted if you don't build your gear right. Physical resist is the key there really, all resist+physical resist gear is pretty solid for keeping pets alive.

EDIT: Plus it'll keep you alive longer. Lets face it, physical damage is 90% of what you're gonna take. Unless you like standing in plague/desecrator patches and arcane lazors.
Edited by JPax#2882 on 31/05/2012 18:05 BST
Reply Quote
put up your build then sir, and explain
Reply Quote

Your pets will only get one shotted if you don't build your gear right. Physical resist is the key there really, all resist+physical resist gear is pretty solid for keeping pets alive.

EDIT: Plus it'll keep you alive longer. Lets face it, physical damage is 90% of what you're gonna take. Unless you like standing in plague/desecrator patches and arcane lazors.

There's no confirmation from blizzard that pets gain your armour and resistances, common assumption is that their health and damage is based entirely on your damage stat.
Reply Quote
using this in team as hex build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hfUdRj!YUV!ccZZZb

usually gather large number of mobs then;
goes in between mobs with Soul Harvest to build +int dps (+1500int)
goes out with spirit walk unharmed while bursting mana regen
spam crazy with zbears and firebomb/acid in safe distance

hex and mass confuse for blues and rare mobs.. really helpfull in crowd control and vampiric types.

passive:
Spirit vessel, Vision Quest and Gruesome feast for Int bonus..
Reply Quote
Lol this makes me laugh so hard, if I put my build up you'd all pull faces and get confused.

I'm a battle WD baby.

Also one shotted in inferno? You're doing it wrong ;)

using this in team as hex build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hfUdRj!YUV!ccZZZb

yep you did confused me..... you posted the same build .......just changed the spammable single target damage (splinter) for the firebombs....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]