Diablo® III

Auction house auto bidding?

Today I tried to bid for an item in the AH. over 20 times I failed. I got the message that my price was overbid by another even before AH accepted my price.

Has someone else experienced the same?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
happened to me too. my suggestion is wait until the last minute or so and if the bid is still low then bid. you can see all items that you bid on, even if you are outbid and you can see how long until they expire. so they will go off if someone bought them, and is no sense to keep bidding if it has 2d left. just wait until a few hours and see if the bid is not too high.
Reply Quote
thanks Endder! I will try that next time!
Reply Quote
22/05/2012 18:17Posted by Endder
happened to me too. my suggestion is wait until the last minute or so and if the bid is still low then bid. you can see all items that you bid on, even if you are outbid and you can see how long until they expire. so they will go off if someone bought them, and is no sense to keep bidding if it has 2d left. just wait until a few hours and see if the bid is not too high.

Nope it doesnt work.

The facts are 2. Or it is really bugged or they put an autobid bot on the item so in both cases u wont get that item.

Id like a blue answer bcz clrearly its not anyone else that bids really fast after me. I tried this and let the item for half an hour and nobody bidded on it, then i tried to put a bid my bid was too low bcz it was autobidded highter than me.
Edited by f4natic#2311 on 24/05/2012 10:11 BST
Reply Quote
I am pretty sure that it works like ebay...You can enter a MAXIMUM price.

Lets say the item is currently at 100g and you enter a MAXIMUM price of 1000, the price will stay at 100 but if someone else bids, you will automatically outbid them until the item reaches the threshold you have set.

This is my understanding of it anyway and i am pretty sure it is correct. If you read the box when you hit bid it even says "Your Max Bid"

To test it i just bid on a Crossbow, it is currently at 800g, i put maximum of 4000g but the crossbow remains at 800g, if someone bids 1000 or so then i will automatically outbid them up to 4000g
Reply Quote
IT bids at 1/20 of the new price given
Reply Quote
It happens to me too. It's a bit fishy. I was talking in General chat and they were saying there is no bots, but from my experience, I think otherwise. I want BlizZ in here. This is insane.
Reply Quote
Lol you guys are just too noob to know how AH works.

Let's say an item is listed for 1m. And I bid 10m.

Then u will only see the bid as 1 m, but I will have 10 m reserved to the AH for bidding on that item.

That means if you bid 2m, I will automaticly overbid you all the time, unless you bid more than the 10m I put in.

Also let's say no one else bids on this item than me. Then I will get it for 1m, and get 9m back from AH.
Edited by Anjey#2654 on 17/07/2012 19:00 BST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Yes ive seen posts 'To avoid losing when bidding'..... basically you put high bids in (up to what you are willing to pay) so less likely to be outbid with mins left on the item
Reply Quote
Long story short: The auction house sucks and should be removed immediately.

That is all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]