Diablo® III

How do you deal with losing your character?

- World of Warcraft
View profile
From a curious perspective. For me it sounds utterly boring to not be able to play properly due to having to be so cautious.
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Warrior
Make another one?
How do you deal with never having to care if you die?
From a curious perspective. For me it sounds utterly boring to not be able to play properly due to being able to be so reckless.
Edited by Smythe#1647 on 25/05/2012 19:30 BST
Reply Quote
I have lost one lvl 26 character so far. For me it means things like:

* I can't stand the feeling of being defeated by a game so I MUST try it again
* I LOVE the cautious game play. I like to take it nice and easy
* The thrill of being truly mortal does not compete with any other game or SC mode whatsoever.
* The sense of accomplishment is VERY rewarding to me
* I'm part of a very selective group of players with the same HC mind and principles
Reply Quote
Define Properly?

If its jumping into a 100 mobs, and AOEing them to death... Thats not really fun is it. Thats just repetitive.

And dealing with a loss, you simply just learn from your mistake. I lost a lvl 34 Barb. Now i have a lvl 50 Barb.
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Warrior
Define Properly?

If its jumping into a 100 mobs, and AOEing them to death...

Don't forget, duo queuing and doing that, dying and having your buddy ress you once he's mopped up. Might as well turn god mod on really.
Reply Quote
I don't.

Lose characters that is.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Smiling and makeing another char.

And if I was playing more cautious probably would not have died at 54.
Reply Quote
I click the create new and post my death on the hardcore forums for others to laugh at.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
How do you deal with losing your character?

Take a smoke and rebuild, but better.

I took a whack at my keyboard when I DC'ed and got back to a dead character, but even death-by-disconnect was always a part of the game :)
Reply Quote
Laugh and start up again. Co-op and we make fun of each other. :D
Reply Quote
83 Orc Warrior
I laugh like a boss.
Reply Quote
I'm only person I know playing Diablo and also on Hardcore.

I lost my 32 Demon Hunter to Diablo because I got disconnected from the game, wasn't sure if I'd died or not till I logged back in.

Text friend "Just got disconnected, lost hardcore character, 8 hours gone rofl :D", got him laughing his !@# off at me in return, also told friends on mumble and they went crazy laughing.

Way I see it, I entertained them and I had fun playing so not a single care was given, now leveling a monk and the aim is to get to 60 this time without any lag!
Reply Quote
Just lost a wizard second time, first game froze at level 26, and now at 30 Azmodan killed 1-shot with the big fireball. I was propably at 80% hp and didn't expect it to hurt that much. Max life was propably 3k as i really favored vitality more than i had in softcore, and all champions packs were trivially easy.

Now.. i'll just start it over again :p This time there's something waiting for me in the stash, more than just gems and money.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Just lost a wizard second time, first game froze at level 26, and now at 30 Azmodan killed 1-shot with the big fireball. I was propably at 80% hp and didn't expect it to hurt that much. Max life was propably 3k as i really favored vitality more than i had in softcore, and all champions packs were trivially easy.

Now.. i'll just start it over again :p This time there's something waiting for me in the stash, more than just gems and money.

Next time remember - if you are far from azmodan, the fireballs hit hard. If you are on him, you dont even need to avoid if you have proper gear.
Reply Quote
The first reaction is always denial? Like did that really just happen?

Im getting quite agitated because every character I have lost has been in multiplayer! I might start being a hermit again once I get back up to my level.

(Yeah I still haven't beaten this game but I refuse to play SC)
Reply Quote
stop playing for 1 hour :D eating something and then come back. Haven't died... "YET" but really close too many times... very scary thoughts when the screen is getting red haha, still not used to it!
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I lost 2 heroes due to game lagged for around 30 seconds, i gave up on hardcore because i cant stand that im loosing char due to few seconds lag.

If there is something like solo mode when you wanna play alone without lags then HC would have sense but having chance to die due to lag it just doesnt make HC that fun because you never know when you can lag abit, it can happen on lvl 20 or after you get to act 4 inferno.
Reply Quote
Mourn ... then I remember the characters highlights in his battle against the demons of hell ... I always record my hardcore games, so I when a character dies, I have videos to remember them by.
Reply Quote
It depends. I died 3 times so far. 3 different ways.

1st character. Monk Level 42, Act 2 nightmare. He's death was a mixture of weak gear, wrong mob affix, wrong place to fight as melee. I had slight chance to survive that but I tried to run wrong direction.

After that I was like. Oh damn... :( 5 min later I was rolling dice to see what character should i play next.

2nd character. DH Level 42, Act 2 nightmare, Belial. This was purely my foult. I was running away from meteors, i found myself in corner and all i had to do was to press Q (hotkey for Smoke screen) and I would be ok, but I didn't so I died in 2-3 hits.
I was super mad at myself for being such a noob. I watched few episodes of w/e show. And I made new DH because I really liked it's gameplay.

3rd character. DH Level 59 (and 7/10), Act 3 (?) Hell. I was fighting elite pack when lag occurred. My router just crashed and my internet connection was broken.

I went to WC, knowing that I'm probably dead, but still hoping that my templar managed to hold enemies off for 10 sec. He didn't. So I yelled at my screen for like 10 seconds. And rerolled Monk. It's now farming Diablo Hell ;)
Edited by AdziK#2113 on 28/05/2012 06:26 BST
Reply Quote
Only lost one so far, a level 17 barbarian. I found out that I really needed more gear despite having a very easy time in Act I (died in the beginning of Act II). So, I learned from my mistake and overcompensated the next time around for the entire Normal run, having far more gear throughout the run than would've been necessary, because I spent all the gold I got upgrading at every possible opportunity (as in, if there was something available at AH).

Now in Nightmare it's getting harder and harder to keep gear up to date though, the higher-level gear isn't any better stats-wise than the lower gear I already have for some strange reason - exceptions being armor rating and weapon base DPS, of course.

As for "boring" - softcore is boring because there's no penalty whatsoever, you can go balls to the walls with little to no repercussions. I guess it can be relaxing sometimes, but overall having to actually think what you're doing is nicer, and knowing if you mess up, you probably die keeps you on your toes.
Edited by tvih#2860 on 28/05/2012 09:50 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]