Diablo® III

NVIDIA Geforce 9200

there was a thread about graphics cards that didn't work, but people keep posting so much that I can't even find the thread again. I tried calling blizzard support and waited on hold for 57 minutes until I got disconnected.. but NOWHERE on this list: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-unsupported-video-card-list is the NVIDIA Geforce 9200.. and I looked at this list before I bought the game and when I boot it up it tells me my operating system(which is windows 7 svc pack 1 which minimum requirements page says will work) and my nvidia geforce 9200 is not supported. It's bull!@#$. If it's unsupported, it should have been on the list to make people aware of this BEFORE they spent 65 dollars on the game. I don't even have words for how messed up this is.

I understand that once you open a game, you can't return it.. but under circumstances like this where battle net support made a list of unsupported graphics cards and mine does not fall under that category I feel as if exemptions should be made, especially considering how many people I have seen that have had the same problem of their card not being listed on the unsupported list.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
View profile
Have you made sure that you have the very latest drivers for your card installed?

http://www.geforce.com/drivers
Reply Quote
Yes sir, GeForce 9200

This product has been detected as your primary device

Your driver is up to date with version 296.1. Download anyway?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
View profile
17/05/2012 22:47Posted by BudLightCase
Download anyway?

It certainly will not do any harm, just in case the driver is not installed correctly.
Reply Quote
I've downloaded it twice. I installed it once last night, and once again about 2 hours ago because I thought the same thing. I am a step ahead of you on that one sir. Another problem I also have is that I installed the game on my computer, and had to do a system restore to restore back to a few dates .. and now I'm too stupid on how to create a shortcut for the game on my desktop again.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
View profile
17/05/2012 22:52Posted by BudLightCase
how to create a shortcut for the game on my desktop again.

Search your hard disk for "Diablo III Launcher.exe", when it finds it, right click and choose Send to->Desktop (as shortcut) :)
Reply Quote
Alright thanks for the help on that one haha. Is there anything else that I could need to update on my computer? Such as windows 7.. even the recommended settings say that Windows 7 will work.. yet right above the graphics card message it says operating system: Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
View profile
17/05/2012 23:00Posted by BudLightCase
Alright thanks for the help on that one haha. Is there anything else that I could need to update on my computer? Such as windows 7.. even the recommended settings say that Windows 7 will work.. yet right above the graphics card message it says operating system: Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Other than ensuring that Microsoft Update is completely up to date and that your Microsoft Direct X is installed and up to date, I am afraid I am out of ideas... sorry pal.
Reply Quote
i have the same problem it bull !@#$
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
i run the same card and have no probs running d3:)
Reply Quote
there was a thread about graphics cards that didn't work, but people keep posting so much that I can't even find the thread again. I tried calling blizzard support and waited on hold for 57 minutes until I got disconnected.. but NOWHERE on this list: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-unsupported-video-card-list is the NVIDIA Geforce 9200.. and I looked at this list before I bought the game and when I boot it up it tells me my operating system(which is windows 7 svc pack 1 which minimum requirements page says will work) and my nvidia geforce 9200 is not supported. It's bull!@#$. If it's unsupported, it should have been on the list to make people aware of this BEFORE they spent 65 dollars on the game. I don't even have words for how messed up this is.

I understand that once you open a game, you can't return it.. but under circumstances like this where battle net support made a list of unsupported graphics cards and mine does not fall under that category I feel as if exemptions should be made, especially considering how many people I have seen that have had the same problem of their card not being listed on the unsupported list.

What seems to be the problem? What error messages do you get, what happens when you start, blank screen? What you are saying is that your card is not on the unsupported list (while it's not on the supported list either). Where does it say that your card/operating system is not supported?
Reply Quote
It apears that NVIDIA GeForce9200 is neither supported nor unsupported by D3. The installer first told me to update my drivers, which I did, then told me that my hardware was not supported, and then it let me in anyway.
Reply Quote
When you started D3 it said you had to update you're gfx card?
A lot of people get that message, including me.
You tried to install it via
Start -> Computer -> Properties -> Device Management ?

Mr. Lifeblood over here got the same gfx as you and he can run it!
Also, in 2009 people where hating on this gfx card because it was bad for gaming. You should really upgrade it to something else...
Edited by Overpowered#2635 on 23/05/2012 11:35 BST
Reply Quote
How about a Geforce 9500 GT ? My Screen Crashes and I have to cold boot ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]