Diablo® III

Where do rare/legendary blacksmith plans drop?

Spig

Argh ok this is such an old question guys.

Suffix, prefix etc...

Anyway if you have 9 mobs spawn and say 4 of them are designated to drop certain white items.

Your MF will give you a better chance of those items being either magic, rare, set or unique. Sooo if you find a set of mobs that drop the WHITE version of a unique you really want get high MF and farm the hell out of those mobs until they drop it.

Make sense?

Great info. Just one more question. What does it have to do with this thread in any shape or form, at all, in any way, in the slightest, etc. etc.?

If you are looking for advice on what to cook for dinner you aren't really helped by someone telling you cars have wheels are you?

Your an idiot, what hes saying is that if you want a plan for say exalted weapon A and a certain area/monster type is notorious for dropping plain weapon A's,Then they should be the ones that drop the plan for said weapon.
Reply Quote
Before you complain about drop rate, how much +MF do you have?
THere is actually a "luck" stat in this game, don't forget it
Reply Quote
Spig

Argh ok this is such an old question guys.

Suffix, prefix etc...

Anyway if you have 9 mobs spawn and say 4 of them are designated to drop certain white items.

Your MF will give you a better chance of those items being either magic, rare, set or unique. Sooo if you find a set of mobs that drop the WHITE version of a unique you really want get high MF and farm the hell out of those mobs until they drop it.

Make sense?

Great info. Just one more question. What does it have to do with this thread in any shape or form, at all, in any way, in the slightest, etc. etc.?

If you are looking for advice on what to cook for dinner you aren't really helped by someone telling you cars have wheels are you?

well someone DID ask about magic find, so i am guessing he was just replying to that lad ^^
Reply Quote
Izual drop a plan for "Staff of herdeing" that is an item to create the staf to get to the secret lvl with ponny's teddy bears etc...
Reply Quote
Hi guys, if my blacksmith level is low, I still got chance to find plans?
cos atm i'm farming 3rd act hell/1st act inferno..

It dosent matter what blacksmith lvl u are, depends on how lucky you are on the drops
Reply Quote
my blacksmith was lvl 7, i had around 70mf or so. found a rare exalted pallium plan.

this was in inferno A1 somewhere near butcher on a bridge.
Reply Quote
I'm kind of curious if certain plans are act/area specific. Because I keep getting the same plans dropped over and over again in Act 1 Inferno. I get the Exalted pallium shoulder plans, and the Exalted Sovereign Helmet plans. I've gotten these 2 like 3 times each. All I do are the Butcher runs.
Reply Quote
100+ hours in the game, I have never seen a blacksmith plan
Reply Quote
Hi,
I just dropped a rare plan for schulder + 4 stat in the ACT 1 inferno. (my first rare plan after 75h)

How can you quoted it ? its a lvl 10 blacksmith requierment.
1kk gold ? 1k gold ? this F-%@ing AH doesn't work
Edited by Akhnott#2871 on 01/06/2012 13:14 BST
Reply Quote
22/05/2012 06:33Posted by Johnnyonepin
I just got the BORN'S blacksmith plans from a random mob in act 3 normal

Seriously? Normal mode...
Reply Quote
My first BS plans were for rare shoulders in Inferno, Act I, cave of the spider queen.
Reply Quote
haha i just got it :>
Reply Quote
So what is the conclusion? It seems most people in this thread have found plans in inferno. Only a few have been found in lower levels. Maybe probability for finding plans are higher in inferno? Or after you reach level 60? Or a combination of level, difficulty and magic find property?
Reply Quote
You must have LUCK and MF to find plans and rares generally....
Inferno is the best farm in the game ....
Farm buy items.... farm buy items..... move to the next act doing the same again and the rares and the plans will come ;)
Reply Quote
For what it's worth, I've gotten a fine (+5 stat) plan from act 1 inferno (was in the jail area) so the plans seem to follow the same droprate rules as other items (ie. a 2% chance of a ilvl 63 item in act 1 inferno). If my assumption is true then, in theory, you should be able to get a grand (+6) plan from act 1.

If i could find a spot in act 1 where mobs regularly drop WD specific items I'd try and grind that area for a bit, but alas, I've been clearing everything from the kazra barricades quest all the way up to the butcher and I get a WD specific item once in a blue moon.
Reply Quote
Maybe we can share here where did we drop the plans ...

I have repeatedly dropped same plans over again at the same places:

(inferno act 1)

• exalted soverign helm (5x)
  • exalted pallium (2x)
  • exalted dread shield (4x) (+1 butcher run, normal mob)

butcher run and on cementery from the skeleton

I think it is area specific what plan will drop.

--------------------------------------------------------------

(hell)

• legendary crimson plan - act 2 / desolated sands / from defiled bones if i remember well
Edited by B5KV3E#2523 on 25/06/2012 22:54 BST
Reply Quote
^

Same as above. +4 property Helm+shield and pallium like 2-4 each so far from 30 runs.

One fine sword plan from act2, cant remember where.

Got first grand plan (gloves <3) from act3 yesterday.

EDIT: Seems its somewhat area specific , graveyard + warden/butcher runs for those particular +4 items.
Edited by Zuran#1460 on 26/06/2012 07:52 BST
Reply Quote
25/05/2012 20:32Posted by AntonChigur
I've gotten all exalted armor plans as drops from normal monsters in Act1 inferno

are you serious? I bet I have farmed act 1 inferno 30 times and I have received 2 rares and 0 plans. In fact, 90+ hours in the game, I have never once seen a blacksmith plan, not even a white one.

same here, im almost 300 hours into the game, up to the butcher in inferno and i havent seen a SINGLE plan drop off ANYTHING other than the staff of herding plan off of Izual
Reply Quote
I'm thinking it has something to do with your skill level of blacksmith.
Reply Quote
Found helm of command plans in act 2 vile caverns, found black bones arrows in a R chest in act 2 a few days later (to my knowledge they are the best 2 plans) :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]