Diablo® III

Best gear stats for a pure tank barb

90 Dwarf Paladin
hey, barbarians! :)

After checking AH for a while I'm really wondering what do u guyz think which are the best gear stats for a pure inferno tank (with low dps and max survivability).

I think:
1st Vitality
2nd Armor
3rd some kind of hp regen (not sure which is better hp per hit or hp per second)

Just write what you think. ;)
Reply Quote
1 All resist
2 Vit/str
3 Vit/str
4 Armor
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
i heard all resist is not so good after all. why do u think str is good?
Reply Quote
All Resistance is the best stat for any barb in Inferno. Period.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
26/05/2012 10:48Posted by Azzí

Str=armor=all damage reduction
all resist= damage reduction
vit=more HP = armor(with glyph)= all damage reduction
Edited by albin#2903 on 26/05/2012 11:05 BST
Reply Quote
wrong

26/05/2012 11:04Posted by Icebob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjhFivTNooQ&list=UUeBMccz-PDZf6OB4aV6a3eA&index=3&feature=plcp
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjhFivTNooQ&list=UUeBMccz-PDZf6OB4aV6a3eA&index=3&feature=plcp

thats a nice video. Tyvm!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
/agree

Thanks for sharing it!
Reply Quote
1st Block % as much as you can manage.
Reply Quote
Well block % is good but then there's a lot of monster that hit more than the block amount. But still, you need it for damage that's lower than the block amount.
Reply Quote
It really depends on what you already got. You need to use an EHP calculator to figure it out. For me the stat weights as in the image here http://mickb.dk/statweights.jpg

For me point for point it's melee/ranged reduction>%life>AR>vit>dex>intel>armor/strength
I would imagine block% being pretty high on that list if you use a shield, but try for yourself http://rubensayshi.github.com/d3-ehp-calculator
Reply Quote
Vitality (a lot)
All resist
Armor (12k armor for 80% damage reduction)
Melle damage reduction
Block %
Reply Quote
It really depends on what you already got. You need to use an EHP calculator to figure it out. For me the stat weights as in the image here http://mickb.dk/statweights.jpgFor me point for point it's melee/ranged reduction>%life>AR>vit>dex>intel>armor/strengthI would imagine block% being pretty high on that list if you use a shield, but try for yourself http://rubensayshi.github.com/d3-ehp-calculator

Obviously 1 point in life% is better than 1 Vitality, and the same for 1 point on melee reduction, but you are never gonna weigh an item with +11 Vitality vs 11% Life, it is more likely 150 Vitality vs 11% Life (and in that case you should pick the Vitality according to your table).

However assuming VIT equivalents are average in that table, and assuming nerves of steel in use since it is a tank we are talking about, I would order them as:

-Vitality (gives both life and armor and the amount of an average vit bonus is about the same as an armor bonus=>definately better than armor)
-All Resist (1 point of All resist is better than 1 Vitality, but an AVERAGE vitality bonus is almost better than the MAXIMUM All resist bonus, anyway your gear *should* have both so the order doesnt really matter)
-Extra Life% (again assuming an average amount)
-Block chance (just going by feeling here)
-Melee damage reduction (Unless it is on string of ears the average amount is really low)
-Ranged damage reduction (maybe I should rank this lower because ranged attacks are rarely life threatening anyway)
-Strength (If you dont think damage is worth anything on a tank it should be below armor because an armor bonus is normally larger than the strength bonus as an affix)
-Armor (as an affix that is, assuming that your have level 60+ gear with decent base armor)
-Dexterity
-Intelligence

Block amount is hard to estimate in general, it depends on your current enemy too much
Reply Quote
http://rubensayshi.github.com/d3-ehp-calculator/#calculator/30aa567c-67cc-790a-bb70-938177293923

The combination which gives you the highest ehp for the cheapest cost, i.e. a balanced set of stats. There is no single 'best' stat.
Reply Quote
Best Things I can Tell you from personally tanking is you need Str,Vit Dex all resist on most of your armor.If you can find items that have Str,Dex,Int,Vit,...and in some cases ...also has All resist too ...use em.
Dex and Vit will be the main ones you would want to boost up allot. But make sure your armor has at least 75 Resist All on majority of your armor seeing that this stat soaks up all the bad AOE's that the elites throw at you including that shtty Arcane Enchanted one<===(tanks worst nightmare) and go with a talent build of 2 shouts...Threatening shout w/Demoralize rune so it taunts your enemies into attacking you..and War Cry w/Impunity Rune for that extra resist to all boost.Also I use for my right mouse button...Revenge w/Provocation for Max survivability...so in all my layout looks like this 1.Leap w/Iron Impact 2.Threatening Shout 3. Warcry 4.Wrath of The Berserker(Insanity Rune) Left Mouse Button..Frenzy w/Sidearm and lastly...Right Mouse Button..Revenge w/Provocation. I really hope this helps you out...If you have any questions just message me in game... USA Servers.
Reply Quote
I wud say
1. Block
2. Armor
3.str
4. Vit

People said vit is 1 but if u had 150k hp with like 0 block or 3k armor . Ull still drop asif 100k hp was nothing .

I used to have 16k armor , 1k all resist , 50+ block .50k dps. But 50 k hp. I wud tank anything . Tried mp 10 and it won't get me down 90% no bs . That's pure tank
Reply Quote
Block% (with good block ammount)
All resist and armor
HP
Dmg reduction (elite/range/melee)
Reply Quote
Hehe

You want invincibility regardless of dps?

Here is how I did it - 254k HP with regen passive giving 5.5k regen PER SECOND.

I made a video of Azmo Mp10, where I go AFK and live with full HP : - )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z59SvR4a9nE

This is the thread of this and many more videos of extreme barb builds I did...

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847815465
Reply Quote
azzi as in david azzi????
Reply Quote
I would Honestly Say that All Resist is Definitely a must,and is the most important stat you can get as a tank.It out weighs intelligence and thus eliminates Intelligence almost completely.
Vitality Is Mega Huge as a tank.The more you have... the more hits and dmg you can take.
Strength is our primary stat but is really not as important when your tanking.Leave the dmg up to the DPS's as you need to focus on the primary target or all targets within your shout range.
When I was tanking I used these stats Purely:
All Resistance (Absorbs All Damage)
Vitality (Take More DMG )
Dexterity (Dodge Chance)
Strength (Primary Attribute but not as Important)

Intelligence is just a wasted stat but can be useful in some situations that require you to need more resist in a particular area (ex:fire,Arcane,Poison,Lightening)...but All resist should help you in retaining all the resistance you need in order to absorb those big bursts of arcane and fire dmg from elite mobs.

And yes .....to clarify this one....Life on Hit weapons are a priority and you should have a life on hit weapon with at least 1k dps and Has at least a socket with over 500 to 900 life on hit.
Throw in an Amethyst Gem in the weapon socket so you retain over 1k life on hit.

I'm not totally sure on exactly how much resist all you need but I cranked up all my resists to over 620 for mp 5.my health was over 72 to 75k hp...and my dmg was like 35 45k seeing you really don't need to do the dmg as long as you have dps's in your group.

Talent wise I used a 2 shout tree(Threatening Shout/W/Demoralize Rune) (War Cry/W/Impunity Rune) (Leap/W/Iron Impact Rune) (Frenzy/W/Side Arm Rune) (Revenge/W/Provocation Rune) and special was (Berserker Rage/W/Insanity Rune)

I really hope this helps all the Barbarian Tanks out there n watch out for those Trolls that love to give ya a different Insights on why we suck...cause if it wasn't for us tanking....they would be backing out of MP10's crying that they couldn't beat the 2 Uber bosses....any Questions on why I chose these stats and build..or just have questions for me in general Pst Me In game...@ Severkraum...Barbarian name Deathdealer. Ty for taking the time to read this post.
Edited by Severkraum#1574 on 28/12/2012 01:05 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]