Diablo® III

Alienware m15x running very slow

Hi, I have an Alienware m15x with following hardware:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU M 260 @2.67GHz
RAM: 4.00GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M
- Main Driver: nvd3dumx.dll, nvwgf2umx.dll, nvwgf2 (goes on I think)
- Date 2/29/2012

My issue is Diablo 3 is running very slow and Alienware support told me the issue was my drivers needed to be fixed. Does anyone know how to do this (without paying Alienware $89 even though my computer is under warranty, which is mind blowing)?

Thanks for any help.
Reply Quote
Only 4 gigs of ram? I have 8.

You probably should have just built your own PC instead of buying an alienware, those things are overpriced and not very powerful for gaming.
Reply Quote
haha, an alienware, what a waste of money. Anyway go to the start menu and type "Device Manager" in the search bar and click on it when it appears in the menu. Then go to whatever driver needs fixing and repair/remove/update or whatever needs to be done. Just right click the device and you'll see some options.
Reply Quote
jabber123

Only 4 gigs of ram? I have 8.

You probably should have just built your own PC instead of buying an alienware, those things are overpriced and not very powerful for gaming.

Yup yup. I agree 100%
Reply Quote
I'm also using an M15x to play Diablo 3 and I am currently experiencing extreme latency and very low fps.

My characters moves around in super slow speed, and reaction and actions are just as slow. This has only been going on for about a week now, before that I had absolutely no problems running the game on any caliber of settings.

Everything else game-wise; Rift, World of Warcraft, DCU Online and City of Heroes continue to run at optimal settings.
Reply Quote
I am having the same issues as crown. This really sucks. Has only been happening for a few days. The screen will go to grey (instead of black) once the game loads and then proceeds to go to the login screen. Once I enter the game it's horribly choppy and down to about 15 fps. It is literally unplayable. All other games running perfect too. Just updated the 260m graphic drivers to 301.42 in hopes of fixing the issues, but it has done nothing. Even after setting the graphics to low and everything the game does not chop,but rather move like a tortoise. plz fix :'( tt
Edited by Spartacus#1793 on 10/06/2012 07:53 BST
Reply Quote
actually for prebuilt gaming machines alienware is close to the top, especially laptops. You can haggle the dell reps down a few hundred bucks, and I find them better than any other prebuilt gaming machines. I have one with the 5850m and experience only latency issues during peak hours, im guessing the 260m has issues with the switch-able graphics, theres something in the driver for optimus.
Its funny how people think they are smart when they bash apple and alienware, but if they actually looked at what you get for the money...
Edited by Terror#1448 on 12/06/2012 01:12 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]