Diablo® III

Izual and staff of herding plans

20 Tauren Warrior
I killed him about 40 times so far and still no plans so few questions.

1. Could me learning nightmare plans before getting normal screw things up?
2. Does he drop normal plans on all difficulties or only on normal?
3. How low is his drop chance?

I got all the rest things to make the staff but those plans are driving me maaaaad + it is getting pretty annoying getting to izual, wish there was a bit faster way. Thanks for all the help.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The plan is the same on every diferculty.

If you want to unlock NM/Hell...etc You buy the recpie from a vendor in act 3 (From act 4) and then learn it and trade in the staff and some G for it.
Reply Quote
20 Tauren Warrior
Problem is getting the NORMAL version of the plan, does nightmare and hell izual drop it or only normal izual and should it take 50 + attemps, in other question do I just have bad luck or could it be bugged (possible coz I learnt nightmare plans but don't have normal yet?)
Reply Quote
Izual? These plans dropped from Diablo for me.
Reply Quote
20 Tauren Warrior
are you sure? afaik only izual drops them?
Reply Quote
Could be bad luck :p.... i got my plans on my second normal Izaul run (third if you count the original story one), but the rainbow thingy took me literally one hour and half of trying for that alchemist to spawn and then for the misterious chest to spawn as well.
Reply Quote
11 Night Elf Hunter
I got it everytime i killed him ? o0
Reply Quote
20 Tauren Warrior
Yeah you see, thats the thing- there are 2 sorts of people, 1 they get it either most of the time or within 5 kill attempts and 2nd sort where I am those who killed him 50+ times and it did not dropped, I just want to know if I have that bad luck or if it could be bugged (caused by fact I learnt nightmare plans before I have normal)?
Reply Quote
if i remember correctly, i got the plans from a blue pack O.o
Reply Quote
20 Tauren Warrior
Well guess its back to farming, just hope it is not bugged.
Reply Quote
75 Human Rogue
I had two of them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Got it last night on nightmare after 6kills.
Reply Quote
I killed Izual yesterday evening, repeatedly on normal.
Easy and fast to farm.
After a few kills, the plans dropped.
Reply Quote
think i did around 8 kills before it dropped
Reply Quote
I got them off him on the first kill on normal the other night. Now I need to bother looking for where to find the stuff for him. It can all be found in nightmare right?
Reply Quote
22/05/2012 13:57Posted by Magecarin
are you sure? afaik only izual drops them?

I'm 100% sure I got these plans from normal Diablo.
Reply Quote
20 Tauren Warrior
ok thx, diablo is certainly faster to kill than izual, it is just weird that I killed him 50+ times and still no plans :/ could be bad luck but still. Anyway thx all for help.
Reply Quote
I had the plans drop on Hell Izual on solo game i think. Then started making the staff for both me and a friend. Killed Izual on normal at least 4-5 times, plans dropped for me 3 times, for him never. I guess its just luck.
Reply Quote
To anyone who has it already the black mushroom etc can these all be picked up in normal mode?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]