Diablo® III

Is +%attackspeed otooltip factored into the DPS display

Some stats from what I understand are factored into the giant DPS display on the tooltip and some stats aren't for example +damage will change the DPS of a weapon to be higher if it has regular +damage but if it has +arcane damage it will not change the displayed DPS of a weapon, I'm pretty sure.

What about Attack Speed, if a weapon has 20% attack speed is that factored into the Displayed DPS on the tooltip?
Reply Quote
Uhh, all the elemental +damage stats on the weapon count towards DPS. +% damage counts in as well. That's the reason you see such diversity in weapon DPS.

Attack speed definitely counts as well because DPS is basically damage/time.
Reply Quote
Thanks. What about Strength and Dexterity ect?
Reply Quote
Dexterity effects damage and will change the displayed DPS. Try it out by equipping an item with dexterity.
Reply Quote
strength doesn't improve your damage as monk.
Reply Quote
21/05/2012 08:40Posted by Dweddle
Dexterity effects damage and will change the displayed DPS. Try it out by equipping an item with dexterity.

This has to be wrong. I just made a level 1 barbarian and the DPS when searching the AH is the same as it was on my monk with 100 dex, 0 str
Reply Quote
Ofc it is the same dps when looking at the item at AH, he was talking about equipping the item... it changes your characters DPS not the items...

characters displayed ofc...
Edited by MigtyMaus#2259 on 21/05/2012 12:51 BST
Reply Quote
Enxius, the way thing works is that each class has a primary attribute. They are as follows:

Barbarian -> Strength
Daemon Hunter & Monk -> Dexterity
Witch Doctor & Wizard -> Intelligence

The way primaries work is that YOUR damage is increased by a percentage equal to your primary attribute. Not that of the weapon, not that of your follower, but YOUR final damage.

A barbarian won't see a damage increase from dex. A monk won't see one from strength. None of them will see it on the Weapon DPS.
Reply Quote
Okay, borrowing this thread for a second since the answers in this thread were not satisfying at all.

So the question is, What stats is factored into the DPS display in the tooltip of a weapon?

I'm talking about that giant text that shows the DPS on the Auction House. I know that Dex/Int/Str does NOT affect the DPS number on the weapon, but i know that the elemental damage as mentioned above does.

So does % Crit Damage/Attack speed/% damage/% chance for X-Y bleed damage count towards the DPS display of a weapon on AH?

Would be nice if someone who knew this shared their intel with us ^_^

Want to know this because then one have to factor in these stats when buying a weapon, not only the DPS and the primary stat.
Reply Quote
Okay, borrowing this thread for a second since the answers in this thread were not satisfying at all.

So the question is, What stats is factored into the DPS display in the tooltip of a weapon?

Depends where you are looking at it. If you are looking at it on the AH, only the actual attributes of the weapon affect the DPS number (+dmg gems, elemental effects, etc). When you are looking at the item in your inventory, your other worn items affect it as well

I'm talking about that giant text that shows the DPS on the Auction House. I know that Dex/Int/Str does NOT affect the DPS number on the weapon, but i know that the elemental damage as mentioned above does.

See above

So does % Crit Damage/Attack speed/% damage/% chance for X-Y bleed damage count towards the DPS display of a weapon on AH?

No, unless those attributes are part of the weapon, not from other gear you're wearing.

Would be nice if someone who knew this shared their intel with us ^_^

Want to know this because then one have to factor in these stats when buying a weapon, not only the DPS and the primary stat.

Answers above in bold. I'm pretty sure of this, but open to correction.
Edited by Aashenfox#2110 on 31/05/2012 14:36 BST
Reply Quote
You guys are all abit wrong imo.

Lets take an example...
Weapon x has DPS: 660.40
These are the stats below:
damage:312-704
attack speed:1.30
arcane damage:161-423
str:141
dex:234

Now this dps is calculated this way:
312 + 704 = 1016 / 2 = 508 x 1.30= 660.40
To illustrate it the weapon comes from this picture:
http://i.imgur.com/eVEOB.jpg

This shows a few things:
str/dex are NOT taken in the weapons dps...
arcane dmg is NOT taken in the weapons dps...else it would be even higher..
the arcane dmg is taken into your dmg which u can see when u pull up ur inventory

but it has nothing to do with your dps on weapon...why would it else be as extra stat anyway?

However IAS will stand on the "extra" stats...but it will also increase the atk speed of your weapon...(standing on top of the item) which will cause your dps being increased
Edited by Bluefox#2931 on 31/05/2012 14:56 BST
Reply Quote
You guys are all abit wrong imo.

Lets take an example...
Weapon x has DPS: 660.40
These are the stats below:
damage:312-704
attack speed:1.30
arcane damage:161-423
str:141
dex:234

Now this dps is calculated this way:
312 + 704 = 1016 / 2 = 508 x 1.30= 660.40
To illustrate it the weapon comes from this picture:
http://i.imgur.com/eVEOB.jpg

This shows a few things:
str/dex are NOT taken in the weapons dps...
arcane dmg is NOT taken in the weapons dps...else it would be even higher..
the arcane dmg is taken into your dmg which u can see when u pull up ur inventory

but it has nothing to do with your dps on weapon...why would it else be as extra stat anyway?

However IAS will stand on the "extra" stats...but it will also increase the atk speed of your weapon...(standing on top of the item) which will cause your dps being increased

damage:312-704 includes the arcane damage.

The "damage" value listed on the weapon is the base damage for that item type + any added damage (adds xxx-xxx damage, adds xx to minimum damage, adds xxx to maxium damage etc).

so its:
(base min damage + added min damage = 312) + (base max damage + added max damage = 704) = 1016 / 2 = 508 x 1.30= 660.40
Edited by Skonk#2219 on 31/05/2012 15:01 BST
Reply Quote
@bluefox

If your calculation was correct in all cases, the weapon dps would be the same on the AH and in player inventory, while this isn't the case.

I believe (for example) that when taken into player inventory, additional +x-x damage items, such as on rings also affect displayed dps.

Perhaps it's only '+dmg' that affects it?
Edited by Aashenfox#2110 on 31/05/2012 15:01 BST
Reply Quote

damage:312-704 includes the arcane damage.

The "damage" value listed on the weapon is the base damage for that item type + any added damage (adds xxx-xxx damage, adds xx to minimum damage, adds xxx to maxium damage etc).

This was my understanding too.
Reply Quote
@bluefox

If your calculation was correct in all cases, the weapon dps would be the same on the AH and in player inventory, while this isn't the case.

I believe (for example) that when taken into player inventory, additional +x-x damage items, such as on rings also affect displayed dps.

Perhaps it's only '+dmg' that affects it?

The only time ive seen an items damage not be the same on the AH as it is in my inventory is when it has a socket, with a damage adding gem in the socket.

If you have a weapon with 500 dps and a 11-28 damage gem socketed in it, the AH will say 500 dps while in your inventory it will say 519.5dps (assuming a speed of 1).

(cant remember what the gems actually add so i made the number up)
Edited by Skonk#2219 on 31/05/2012 15:06 BST
Reply Quote
hmm so you guys are saying that a WEAPONS dps....in your inventory
includes the following:
dex on the weapon it self(NOT the dex on for example your rings)
the arcane dmg on the weapon it self
dmg from an gem(if added)

But when it is on an AH
You will just see the dps based on the dmg of the weapon?
Meaning NOT the dex on it
but the arcane will still be calculated...

This makes sense to me...since the AH doesnt know ur a monk = dex = dmg...
But why does the arcane dmg is displayed while its already in the dps ...makes no sense
why display it anyway then? Just for fun?
Reply Quote
hmm so you guys are saying that a WEAPONS dps....in your inventory
includes the following:
dex on the weapon it self(NOT the dex on for example your rings)
the arcane dmg on the weapon it self
dmg from an gem(if added)

But when it is on an AH
You will just see the dps based on the dmg of the weapon?
Meaning NOT the dex on it
but the arcane will still be calculated...

This makes sense to me...since the AH doesnt know ur a monk = dex = dmg...
But why does the arcane dmg is displayed while its already in the dps ...makes no sense
why display it anyway then? Just for fun?

No.

At no point is the damage per second (or damage min-max) listed on a weapon changed by Dexterity.

Damage from dexterity is only applied to your characters overall damage as listed on your character profile, the listed damage on the weapon's own tooltip is never changed (with the exception of adding a gem).

The weapon damage listed on its tooltip only ever shows the combination of weapon base damage + added damage (adds xxx-xxx, adds xxx minimum damage, adds xxx maximum damage) and damage added from gems (but the gem damage is not displayed on the AH).
Edited by Skonk#2219 on 31/05/2012 15:31 BST
Reply Quote
One last thing, is % crit damage counted in with the DPS shown on the weapon @ AH? It isn't right? Because it doesn't know what crit chance the player have so it can't calculate that?
Reply Quote

The weapon damage listed on its tooltip only ever shows the combination of weapon base damage + added damage (adds xxx-xxx, adds xxx minimum damage, adds xxx maximum damage) and damage added from gems (but the gem damage is not displayed on the AH
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]