Diablo® III

Best solo class for Inferno

Best class for inferno. Which class is killing fast and easy in Inferno ? I'm asking people who are playing on Inferno dificulty. I start Daemon Hunter and i already have doubts about my choice... I'm watching videos on youtube and i saw what wizards can do.
Reply Quote
Best solo class period is the Monk. That said no class will kill "fast and easy" in Inferno.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I am not in Inferno yet, I am playing Hell but I believe the "best" solo class is the Monk followed by the Barbarian :)
Reply Quote
there is no fast and easy in inferno.
Reply Quote
I'm at the end of Act 2 on Nightmare with a Monk.. and I must say I've only died a couple of times.
Reply Quote
Any Daemon Hunter, how are you doing in Hell or Inferno ?
Reply Quote
17/05/2012 09:58Posted by Fizo

Tried a DH till Act 2 on Normal and seems as those guys are gonna be in a lot of pain even on Nightmare.
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Paladin
17/05/2012 10:02Posted by reFaN

Tried a DH till Act 2 on Normal and seems as those guys are gonna be in a lot of pain even on Nightmare.

I am in late Act 1 NM with a DH. I can't say that I have some major problems. Two deaths till now from rare packs.
Reply Quote
I am currently 54 on my monk in hell. I didnt die in this game at all until Hell mode, and even then it was only against the mobs that drop the arcane lasers on the ground. You can still literally run into a pack of 40 mobs on hell and keep yourself at full health. I am not yet sure what to say about Inferno, but I made it to 54 with two total deaths.
Reply Quote
Monks are op up to inferno, i havnt died at all till i entered last difficulty. But than it just doesn't matter, you don't have dps to kill things fast, you don't have survivability to stand there and hit, and eventually elites will go enrage. If anything, pick wizard for soloing.

I am currently level 60 on act2 inferno
Reply Quote
I've hit a wall as a demon hunter on inferno act 2, but its because my gear isn't good enough.

Just don't get hit, ever :D
Reply Quote
I have a 60 monk in act 1 and he is pretty solid with mid range gear... but dies to some champs unless he has a good ranged class with CC backing him up. I have had amazing success with a WD + Monk combo... fast clears of Inferno act 1 start to finish... That being said 2/3 wizards in my party (with over 20k dps) and I just use the +48% damage taken (ret aura) and everything (even champs) die pretty much instantly in inferno. Monk soloing is rather boring... you can kill the easy stuff but the bosses take a LONG time (and the desecration fast/ and poison mobs are just a pain). I also have a demon hunter and with the right spec you can spend most the the time hidden in the shadows and solo that way... just have to be patient and kite... a lot. Havnt gotten much into act two but it hurts from what i have seen. I have played with a few barbs with really high resists who can tank anything act 1 but haven't seen how they fair in act 2. GL and HF.
Edited by Matthias#1574 on 21/05/2012 05:24 BST
Reply Quote
Just a warning, dont expect to reach act 3 with a melee class solo anytime soon :)
Reply Quote
Yap, with Leraine here. The game is easy with a melee solo char until like halfway of Inferno.
But then... I seriously want to hear who's the first one to beat Diablo solo on Inferno with a melee char. I don't see this person likely to appear on forums very soon. =)
Reply Quote
17/05/2012 09:58Posted by Fizo

Demon Hunter act 2 inferno here. Everything solo.

It's nearly impossible and is no fun. You have to kite elites around with smoke screen and zerg them down. I got 18k hp atm, I deal a !@#$ton of damage but get oneshotted by everything.

The easiest class for Inferno is mage. Force armor and diamond skin is OP and only let's you take 35% of your maximum HP as damage.
Reply Quote
monk/barbarian not best for inferno.

Try any ranged iwho can kite nstead

Fixed on demon hunters, yeah i guess they suck too.

So wizard go that.
Edited by Doecas#2478 on 21/05/2012 06:59 BST
Reply Quote
monk/barbarian not best for inferno.

Try any ranged iwho can kite nstead

Fixed on demon hunters, yeah i guess they suck too.

So wizard go that.

Yea, Blizzard had some real balance geniuses there.

Giving wizard a spell that let's them take 35% of their maximum HP as damage instead of getting oneshotted like every other class. Woho, blizzard. Thanks for your godly balance!
Reply Quote
Easiest class in inferno is Wizard. Ranged classes are easier than melee at the moment.
Second to that is DH + Witch doctor
Although I wouldn't call these ranged classes having it easy because when you get to Elite pack you have to kite them through the map. You need a lot of space without running into trash. Plus it's basically 1-2 shots dead. There is no getting around this. So you need to pop all your CD while dealing damage and epic kiting. That's the gist of playing ranged solo on inferno. Certain affixes elites are unkillable.

I don't know much gear farming will help this.
My DH is 26k Hp 19k DPS, I add more HP and it helps because I can take at least may be 2-3 hits accidentally and survive.

DH has may be the best survivability. You can spam Smokescreen (invulnerability) for 30 seconds straight. Meaning you can't die for 30 seconds. SS will also break every elites' CC. Try saying that about Wizard. However, once you spent all cooldown you will most likely die if the mob still survive. If your reaction are slow you will most likely die before that 30 seconds too. You still have to kite.

Act 1 inferno is easy, wait until you get to act 2. The brick wall is real.
TLDR there is no easy way out in inferno.
Edited by ichobi#2393 on 21/05/2012 07:07 BST
Reply Quote
Any melee class will get stomped in Inferno in act2-4
Reply Quote
Keep talking...i'm lvl 51 Barb in act 1 in hell, but when i get there i'll beat the living crap of everything that moves :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]