Diablo® III

ACT 2 Inferno Barbarian DPS GODMODE 100% ELITE FARM

(Locked)

Try 2H, its really a must for this spec
This kind of spec is the easiest to use at the start of inferno in my opinion, because really all you need is a 1k dps 2 hander which you can get for like 200k. I started in act 1 with maybe 30k dps and 15k hp no resists, it didn't matter because ignore pain + earthquake + WoTB = godmode for 5 seconds which is all I needed to kill most elite packs.

Of course the problem now, is act 2. I've found lots of gear improvements, I'm sitting at around 35k hp, 4k armour, 400-600 resists depending on if I use shout and 20k dps. Basically my dps has gone down but my survival stats are MUCH better. The problem isn't the elite packs in act 2 it's actually the normal mobs, especially Lacuni who have a leap attack that makes them untargettable. if I run into a group of Lacuni that all use their leap attack (or some stay behind to throw fire at me) I BARELY survive even with ignore pain up. I was really hoping that after getting some nice items in act 1 I wouldn't have to be such a ridiculous glass cannon in act 2, but it seems that if I wan't to progress with a 2 handed build I need to go back to being a full glass cannon again. blah.
Edited by ChrisAsmith#1168 on 28/05/2012 21:58 BST
LOL!!!!

"over 700 resistances and 9k armor and getting oneshot"
I got 550 resistsance, 9k armor and I can tank act 3 elites face to face while my life on hit + health regen > their damage -.-
nice to meet you batman :D
Not going to work in Act3
So, you will stuck on this "elite" act2 farm for ages.
90 Goblin Shaman
Thank you, I finally managed to kill every not-elite monster in ponyland (inferno).
27k dps and only 17k hp but I think my hp doesn't matter if everything 1-shot me
Don't you need to get to ACT4 for Inferno Pony? Were you carried?

I really enjoy farming with a 2H DPS spec. I'm trading my resist for more MF. However, I'm wondering if I'm just getting lucky... or if MF is you know... working.... been seeing rares and legendaries drop from poo.
90 Goblin Shaman
You can buy the inferno plan near the followers if a player invites you on the last quest (kill diablo)
The way I see this is like this:

Inferno is unplayable beyond Act I as is, with the gear that drops even off the bosses, anything else I've seen is trash, or Legendary sets that are not even good enough comparing to my Rare weapons that I payed 200K. bla bla bla... to get to the point:

Blizzard is brilliant for making money of games, and while delaying this game for 5-6 years due to all the Millions that they were making of WoW subscriptions, they did not want the popularity to drop, since Diablo was always more popular. So after the scrubby Pandoria comes out, they were sure that this is it, people are no more interested in that crap, let's release D3. BUT invent a reason to charge people more money for playing, how to do it, make a mode that you can pass only if you have TONS of gold which will take you much longer to farm than anything farmable in WOW, or go to REAL CURRENCY and pay for it! How Brilliant! and then just delay that option for a few weeks after it's release so that people don't Bash them on their heads with this option of Monetizing everything inside a Virtual Game and don't WRECK their reviews on the release days....

Anyways, I am sure there will be Trolls who will be all in my face for this post... but the way I see it, they are just a greedy corp who only will get greedier and making these very conscious decisions of making Inferno so OP and not calling it " Oh we didnot even have time to test it" bull !@#$. I played Barb, and unfortunately it's the worst class to play.... I am not wasting any more of my time, after going through different sets of gear....
The way I see this is like this:

Inferno is unplayable beyond Act I as is, with the gear that drops even off the bosses, anything else I've seen is trash, or Legendary sets that are not even good enough comparing to my Rare weapons that I payed 200K. bla bla bla... to get to the point:

Blizzard is brilliant for making money of games, and while delaying this game for 5-6 years due to all the Millions that they were making of WoW subscriptions, they did not want the popularity to drop, since Diablo was always more popular. So after the scrubby Pandoria comes out, they were sure that this is it, people are no more interested in that crap, let's release D3. BUT invent a reason to charge people more money for playing, how to do it, make a mode that you can pass only if you have TONS of gold which will take you much longer to farm than anything farmable in WOW, or go to REAL CURRENCY and pay for it! How Brilliant! and then just delay that option for a few weeks after it's release so that people don't Bash them on their heads with this option of Monetizing everything inside a Virtual Game and don't WRECK their reviews on the release days....

Anyways, I am sure there will be Trolls who will be all in my face for this post... but the way I see it, they are just a greedy corp who only will get greedier and making these very conscious decisions of making Inferno so OP and not calling it " Oh we didnot even have time to test it" bull !@#$. I played Barb, and unfortunately it's the worst class to play.... I am not wasting any more of my time, after going through different sets of gear....

you can get past act 1, but it requires amazing luck, and you have to buy certain items from the AH. after 5 days of farming bucther/warden i still had issues with gear. Mostly i cant get any life on hit gear to drop, and weapons were pretty weak.

So if you spend time on the AH or spend time in game farming act 1 for anywhere from 1-3 weeks you can progress to act 2, depending on luck of drops. it all comes down to gear, and various builds will work be it dps or sword & board sustain builds. Problem is the gear is so specific that unless you get certain items you wont ever progress, without dropping 2-3 million on the AH.
Hmmh... seems I should try Act2 with my Act1 farm gear where I have unbuffed and with 1H:

28k DPS, 52% Crit Chance, 265% Crit Damage. Nice post, I will definately try.

Wut, 52% unbuffed?
What gear do you possess? hehe
I think I got err 23% unbuffed.
26% buff, and 10% from revenge and another 10% when popping berseker and I am using axe and the 10% gain from using its passive :p
28k dps tho atm, since I got my new "awesome" axe 700+ dps or whatever, cant remember exact.

830 physical, 499 for rest. 21k~ hp lol
Hello fellow Barbarians,

I decided to write this since i see a lot of disappointment and frustration among my friends, the barbarians.

So, after trying full tank mode spec (over 700 resistances and 9k armor) and still getting almost 1 shot by elites, and being extremely boring and frustrating to run like a little girl while wearing a big !@# shield and tons of armor, i decided to drastically change my approach to the game :

With this gear and spec, i guarantee you will have close to 100% elite farm (no skips!!) . However, this might take sometime to master.

Gear Selection:

A. 2H Weapon - over 1k DPS - preferably with +strnght + Vitality and +% weapong dmg
B. Full DPS gear - Mostly try to get +100 strnght on all items pieces , and very important: Attack speed (incredible dps boost) - get Hands, 2 x rings and 1 amulet with attack speed
C. A LOT of patience at first and to be willing to learn - Basicly you will get one shot by anything.

My stats when i started were: arround 23k dps 42k HP unbuffed. In fight (with Brawler + shout) i had arround 42k dps.

Skills:

You can find my spec here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#YPRiTb!ZYg!ZZbabY

How to do it :

Basicly, you kill elite packs in 6 seconds or you die, that's the whole concept of this way of play. The most ideal tactis is the following: You start with full rage -->Shout--> Bersker (so you don't get CC'ed + move speed )--> Stun --> Earthquake-->Ignore Pain--> Spam Cleave = Elites Dead

Note: This takes a bit of practices because even white mobs will almost oneshot you, BUT, if you play with little kite, using stuns smart, this is 100% guaranteed to work. First 2 days i tryied it i think i died over 250 times but i also killed a lot of packs. Now i just farm all elite packs with just a few deaths per run.

I really hope this will help you, it is tons of fun after you learn it !

Cheers!

This is not quite the best build, it is close. Problem is that though white mobs hit hard, the totally unfriendly affixes (Plague, Desecration, Molton, Arcane, Frozen, Jailer) are a serious problem.

Build a spec to kill the champions and muddle your way though the whites.

I have been using this spec for all of inferno, you need a 2H for this as EQ is 2000% weapon damage, so a Mace is prefered with 0 APS, and as much str as you can get while keeping your HP at a min of 40k.

It don't matter what the champions are as they can't out damage the heal you get from IP / IiB while EQ is running under WotB/Insanity.

Use WotB, run to the pack, Ground Slam, IP, WCry, EQ,

The damage boost you gert from Zerk Rage is insane, and you can easilly have EQ tick for 150k (300k DPS, + Cleave hitting at targets for 100k (none crit)

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bRYkPT!chg!YbZZZb
Edited by Cygone#2415 on 29/05/2012 11:17 BST
hmm i don know bout you guys but i been following struyk build closely (and it worked)
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4310033784

and i easily farm act 1 inferno, Plague, Desecration, Molton, Arcane, Frozen, Jailer included,

thing is my hp is around 45k my resist is just around 600 and amour 8k with a dps of 16k, but i following his method of confronting the elites and kiting them, i find it easier and more consistent, since you don have to drag the elites that are hard to kill all the way back to spawn point and pray u don reach 30 sec respawn..

however who am i to judge, may try this build too, seems fun, but i don like to dieee... haha

ps. whoever say they need to farm money to buy item... some of my eqs are actually drops =] so luck is needed too!
Edited by DaveKang#6246 on 29/05/2012 12:56 BST
29/05/2012 12:56Posted by DaveKang
thing is my hp is around 45k my resist is just around 600 and amour 8k with a dps of 16k, but i following his method of confronting the elites and kiting them, i find it easier and more consistent, since you don have to drag the elites that are hard to kill all the way back to spawn point and pray u don reach 30 sec respawn..

And that's the problem. With those stats act 1 is going to be EZ mode, farm on auto-pilot but take a step into act 2 and see what happens.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]