Diablo® III

To Blizzard - Spider Phobia

90 Orc Shaman
Blizzard,

There is a large amount of Spiders in the game that makes it hard for people like my girlfriend to play the game properly. Normal and Nightmare mode i dont have any issue with killing them myself so my girlfriend can just run behind me and we can keep the freaking out to a minimum but reaching hell and probally going to reach inferno soon it will be a huge issue.

It would be very nice to concider Phobia's like this one so people like my girlfriend could play this alone, i dont mean you should remove the spiders but it would be awesome to make like a option so spiders turn into i dont know maby ladybugs? or anything less spider like.

Would be awesome to get a response on this. if you support it people make a normal post. if you dont like it dont even bother cause i dont care about that.

Kind Regards
Edited by SherLocK#2269 on 28/05/2012 19:13 BST
90 Tauren Paladin
Srsly ?
If you afraid a planes shell we all cancell our tickets or what ? Sorry majority wins. Ever
Is this some sort of a joke? :D

Blizzard is facing NUMEROUS problems concerning gameplay, balance, HW/SW issues, compatibility and the very security of users. In this light, your request is really... funny?
90 Orc Shaman
From start to the end of the game they will have problems with Balance and other gameplay issue's so thats no comment that fit in this sitation. and Planes is something else its yours choice if you go on it or not. my girlfriend loves this game but is getting forced to look at spiders while she is afraid of it. thats kinda different.

And as i said dont even bother posting if you dont support this.
- World of Warcraft
View profile
Srsly ?
If you afraid a planes shell we all cancell our tickets or what ? Sorry majority wins. Ever

Did not understand a word of that

Is this some sort of a joke? :D

Blizzard is facing NUMEROUS problems concerning gameplay, balance, HW/SW issues, compatibility and the very security of users. In this light, your request is really... funny?

Other than the fact that it's in the wrong forum it's more sensible of a suggestion than half the stuff that's posted here tbh.
28/05/2012 15:56Posted by Sherlöck
Planes is something else its yours choice if you go on it or not.

It's her choice to play that game or not.

FIX: do something else with your GF, if you know what I mean. If you do not know what I mean, play Diablo 3 with your GF... oh, WAIT!
90 Orc Shaman
Thanks cam. atleast some people dont want to see the world burn.

Neo, I live in holland my girlfriend lives in sweden, we are not around all the time. now where on the box of Diablo stands that there will be spiders in the game?
I have a phobia of nightmarish hellspawn armies invading the world and wiping my species out...
Dear Blizz, your spiders are super cool and scare easily fooled people with little grip on reality. Please extend a hearty "well done!" to the artists.
28/05/2012 15:59Posted by Cam
Other than the fact that it's in the wrong forum it's more sensible of a suggestion than half the stuff that's posted here tbh.

That may be true, but reading all crap users are posting here every day will make my brain implode, this guy just eyestrucked me while I was trying to post my own complaint... I just had to reply :]
28/05/2012 16:02Posted by Sherlöck
Neo, I live in holland my girlfriend lives in sweden, we are not around all the time. now where on the box of Diablo stands that there will be spiders in the game?

There's no warning about spiders in game, sure, but there is an age restriction to Diablo 3, it is 15.

(sry buddy, this was sooo easy)
Ofc devs could do what you are suggesting, but IMHO, if your GF really cannot look at the fantasy-pixel-spider-lookalikes without freaking out, she has quite extreme arachnophobia and should consider cognitive-behavioral therapy or even exposure therapy (such as even Diablo itself).

I mean seriously, the devs can take take fictive spiders out yes, but they cannot take the real life spiders away and they will always be there. People who suffer from irrational phobias and disorders like this, should be helped to confront them & finally get over these fears.

No offense.

28/05/2012 16:11Posted by Sherlöck
Neo. basicly what you are saying is that people with a fobia are not allowed to have fun. your being racist here towards them.

I would say, that ppl with phobias need professional help and close friends to get over their fears.
Edited by Kedren#2116 on 28/05/2012 16:18 BST
How about getting treatment for that phobia, instead of avoiding everything that triggers it - thus allowing the phobia to control your life ?

Wouldn't that be much more sensible than whining to a game developer to remove enemies from a game ?
Edited by opladener#2601 on 28/05/2012 16:18 BST
I know this is going to sound harsh, Sherlock, but that (your GF's phobia) is a personal issue. There are many folks that have phobias, yes and it can make life tricky for some but you cannot expect a company to change mobs in a game because of a player's phobia(s).

In fact, you might consider it an opportunity to practise behavioural therapy. Desensitization.
Actually this was suggested for WOW a few years ago by someone with a similar problem. I don't think however blizzard will ever do anything about it because the amount of money it would cost is massive compared to the handful of people it affects.
90 Orc Shaman
If you people cannot see how a couple of Pixels can affect people there Life dont even post here.

a Phobia is a serious issue that is not easly removed. she is going to shrink she is getting help. now people you know where the X is in whatever browser you use i ask you to click it and dont bother commeting here if you dont have anything useful to say to this subject instead of whining and trying to be funny.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]