Diablo® III

Why is BNet in D3 a step back ?

I mean in Diablo 2 I had a feeling of a community, there were channels full of people showing off their chars, we had a clan that had our own channel and we could have a clan meeting in-game.

Now I have like 15 clan mates online but we can't even have a group chat, and we can only have a party of 4. So what about chat channels ? well THEY SUCK, you can't even join your own channel and there is no visual interface for them apart from a little box

I mean wtf? why is a game from 2012 lacking basic stuff from a game realesed in 2000 ?
Why W3 had Clan support and normal chat channel support and SC2 and D3 have nothing ?
Reply Quote
the chat channels are very surprisingly poor , i was shocked you couldnt have chat tabs.

poor showing form blizzard on this , especially as they force us to play online with a service thats never actually online.

the game itself is great though.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Game is 6 days old community hasn't had a chance to grow yet.

Stop comparing years old versions of D2 with a 6 days old D3.

D2 was very similar to D3 at launch, many people disliked it too for alot of the same reasons people are not liking D3 at the moment. It was the endless patching, tuning and fixing by blizzard that made it what it is today. D3 at launch far surpasses what D2 was at launch.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I do agree here. Even though I'm still having as much fun as I had in all other Diablos, Battle.net 2.0 is simply not good enough, and I prefered the good old 1.0 we had in Diablo 2. With the channels for each country even, mine was ''Diablo II Lord of Destruction prt-1 '' since I'm from Portugal. There we could meet everyone and it was much funnier / approachable :)
Reply Quote

D2 was very similar to D3 at launch, many people disliked it too for alot of the same reasons people are not liking D3 at the moment. It was the endless patching, tuning and fixing by blizzard that made it what it is today. D3 at launch far surpasses what D2 was at launch.

12 years not enough time?
Reply Quote
If only they had some other games B.Net to compare to, things would have been much better...

Oh wait, same !@#$ was happening with SC2. Is SC2 made by same company? Yes it is. Did they learn from their mistakes? No they didnt. Are they getting %^-*load of money for this poor service? Yes they do.

I mean really.
Reply Quote
"Stop comparing years old versions of D2 with a 6 days old D3."
Why the hell would we not compare them?? If a 12year old prequels community aspect was better than a 6day old, why would we not let them know so they could listen and do something about it? Oh right, they already have our money so they have no reason to do anything.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight

12 years not enough time?

No 6 days is not enough time.
You can't properly beta/internally test a game that is built completely around random variables. The only way to see what the problems are is having millions of people play it.

Blizz will patch, tune and fix all the major problems just like they did with D2.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Why the hell would we not compare them?? If a 12year old prequels community aspect was better than a 6day old, why would we not let them know so they could listen and do something about it? Oh right, they already have our money so they have no reason to do anything.

Because the 12 year old game has had 12 years to grow it's community. A community doesn't just appear in in 6 days.

Diablo 2's community didn't really manifest itself till the farming phase set in. Up until that point everyone was doing what they're now, either playing with already known friends or solo'ing.
Reply Quote
wtf are you on about wow kid

the topic is not about problems or errors that blizz is going to patch but about them removing features that made you feel as a part of a community

They forced you to play online a single player game, but at the same time they isolate you from other people by removing chat channel interface, and clan support
Edited by Alma#1541 on 20/05/2012 16:26 BST
Reply Quote

Because the 12 year old game has had 12 years to grow it's community. A community doesn't just appear in in 6 days.

Diablo 2's community didn't really manifest itself till the farming phase set in. Up until that point everyone was doing what they're now, either playing with already known friends or solo'ing.

You seemed to misunderstand my point... The whole battlenet system, chat and auction house will not allow the community to grow.
Reply Quote
haha, funny how some go "it's only been 6 days, give them some time " etc.
It's been 2 years in starcraft 2 now, and chat channels are still the same !@#$. IN the beginning there even weren't any chat channels, still no clan option.
We are gonna have this system for a veeery long time in diablo, maybe we'll get a new one with an expansion.
And no, im not kidding.
Reply Quote
Not to mention that they did find the time and resoureces to implement the stupid Achievement system but they couldn't do decent chat channels and clan support ?
Reply Quote
20/05/2012 16:57Posted by Ballabird
Not to mention that they did find the time and resoureces to implement the stupid Achievement system but they couldn't do decent chat channels and clan support ?

good point.
Reply Quote
20/05/2012 16:06Posted by Kínth

You almost make it sounds like as if we all knew we bought a game in early beta stage...

I sure did not...
Reply Quote
i miss chat channels specifically starcraft gbr-1 it's very lonely playing starcraft like your on xbox live matchmaking with randoms.. D3 is similar you're screwed unless you have a few rl friends who play.
Reply Quote
I want to be able to use /join Diablo 3 Retail NLD, too.
Also, I finished both normal and nightmare mode in under 30 hours of playtime, while in Diablo 2 I would now probably still be in act 3 normal.

Just my 2 eurocents.
Reply Quote
You could finish diablo 2 in 1 hour 20 mins :), anyway i'm too worried about speed of this game, 50 hours of playing 58 lvl a3 hell and not speedrunning...

You all say community cant grow in 6 days... where is the chat in game and how it works? Why when i'm joining trade channel it joins me only to my country channel and there are no ppl? I know why... because the chat system sucks all the way. I think we will have to make our own channel like /world and then speak in there....

For now this game feels soo lonely, i'm playing with my 2 brothers and few friends but rofl when nobody of them is online what may i do? =.=
Reply Quote
You could finish diablo 2 in 1 hour 20 mins :), anyway i'm too worried about speed of this game, 50 hours of playing 58 lvl a3 hell and not speedrunning...

You all say community cant grow in 6 days... where is the chat in game and how it works? Why when i'm joining trade channel it joins me only to my country channel and there are no ppl? I know why... because the chat system sucks all the way. I think we will have to make our own channel like /world and then speak in there....

For now this game feels soo lonely, i'm playing with my 2 brothers and few friends but rofl when nobody of them is online what may i do? =.=

yes this is exacly my point, there was a large community in d2, the game felt alive, you had channels where certain ppl hanged, like clans, leagues and all that :/
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Blizzard dont want ppl to stay in d3 much, wonder why? look at my portrait.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]