Diablo® III

How much damage should I have as a wizard?

I'm currently level 57 in hell. I have just about every piece of gear with 60-70+ INT. and only 6k damage. I have soloed MOST of hell, but I see people with HUGE damage, how do I get big damage like that? I would love to see 10k plus. Do we leave the big damage to the demon hunters or?...
Reply Quote
dh have bigger nuumbers with their don't crit skill

get a better weapon and you will beat 10k easily

inferno is getting fun with >20k as wizard
Edited by bone#2963 on 28/05/2012 01:26 BST
Reply Quote
I currently have 38k damage with pretty average inferno gear but my defences are very low, but I farm with a monk that tanks as much as possible, so I'm rarely hit unless its something like a mortar mob.

I dont recommend going for high damage straight away if youre going solo, stick with defence an go for about 15k damage, win fights slow an steady. My build solo I get wrecked by almost all elite packs.
Reply Quote
You only need around 25k hp and 250 resists (Buffed) to solo act1 inferno, that will stop butcher one shotting you.

Then just stack damage, for Act2/3 you want to add another 10k hp and another 100-200 resists to keep force armor functioning.

Aim for 20-25k damage act1, then add around 10k damage for each act. Act4 you should be sitting on around 40k hp, 500 resists and 50k damage.

Other things to aim for are 12-25% increased move speed and 50%+ increased attack speed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Sitting on about 54k, soon to be more if they ever fix the legendary attack speed affix and I very rarely venture into act 1 inferno, the times I do it's only to help a friend out, stuff just melts too quickly to be worth the time solo.

It's all about your weapon damage and your attack speed really. You can easily inflate your damage figure by getting attack speed gear, but bear in mind it's a worthless stat if you're unable to compenssate for the increased AP cost ratio.

I've got a DH friend on very similiar damage levels who also farms Act 4 fairly smoothly, but again it's all about the stats on your gear and how effective they are for your build.

Slapping on Glass Cannon, Force Weapon and Attack Speed gear will see you over the 10k mark in no time, but the Attack Speed ain't gonna mean anything if you're Hydra/Blizzard kiting using Arcane Orb as your filler :P
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure that Attack Speed is pretty worthless in Inferno II and up. When soloing there simply isn't any time to just stand around and cast something like Disintegrate or Ray of Frost. Haste doesn't really help much when kiting. A bit, but not as much as it is implied on character sheet. Hydra isn't affected by it and it's like 50% of your total damage, if not more.

It's a bit different with a good group, however.
Edited by Dragoniel#2107 on 28/05/2012 07:29 BST
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure that Attack Speed is pretty worthless in Inferno II and up. When soloing there simply isn't any time to just stand around and cast something like Disintegrate or Ray of Frost. Haste doesn't really help much when kiting. A bit, but not as much as it is implied on character sheet. Hydra isn't affected by it and it's like 50% of your total damage, if not more.

It's a bit different with a good group, however.

Disintegrate and Ray of Frost in Inferno, have you even played Inferno?

The only viable skills in Inferno for a Wizard are Shock pulse with Orb, Missile with Seeker and Arcane orb. all 3 benefit greatly from attack speed and it makes kiting ten times easier.

Hydra is nowhere near 50% of damage. two arcane orb crits alone do about 70-80% of hydras max damage over 15 seconds and that's assuming an enemy is stood in a max stack for 12-13 seconds.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
two arcane crits? For someone with such high oppinions, do you think its wice to use rng numbers in your calculated advices? Crit's are rng, and it completely deppends on how much crit his stacking. So you can make that 4 arcane orbs, which is a full arcane pool
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]