Diablo® III

Diablo III normal difficulty too easy?

Having played much of Diablo, 2 and LOD, I genuinely find the third game to be ridiculously easy. The first challenge I've really met was when I started playing nightmare!

I've killed all of the bosses without dying, in fact, I believe I've only died 3/4 times all together and I'm on act 2 nightmare so far!

I consider myself a pretty good gamer, and a good player at Diablo III so am I alone? Or do other Diablo gamers think the same?

Also, for a level cap of 60, I'm already 37 and I logged many, many more hours into Diablo 2 before reaching this level, why is it so easy to level up if the cap is only 60?!
Reply Quote
i never died either during normal, ive died reasonable amount of times in nightmare, dying like mad in hell as im trying to reach inferno.

u see the difference? ur barely geting started if ur 37 btw..
hell is more like "ur geting there" then inferno will be a hard grind until ur adjusted to this difficulty with up to date gears

useless post, goodluck ingame
Reply Quote
How skilled were you at the Diablo series, or even pc games, or video games in general when Diablo 2 came out? I'm willing to bet there's a big difference from then until now.

People ask for the game to be similar so it looks and feels right. But being similar also means less of a learning curve if you are familiar with the style of playing.
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 on normal difficulty is probably one of the easiest games I've ever played. Fortunately there's more difficulties after that. I'm in Act 2 Nightmare and so far I've only died once in total. Nightmare is definitely more fun than normal because you have sometimes have to be a bit careful when fighting the random boss packs.
Edited by Alagner#2250 on 20/05/2012 07:46 BST
Reply Quote
I agree. But I remember Diablo II pre-patched also being way too easy.

Simply the case here too?
Reply Quote
Normal mode is intended for people who can't tie their own shoes, as is the fact that elective mode is off by default. The real game begins on NM.
Reply Quote
October 24. 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IzhoGX_7uFY#t=125s
Reply Quote
Having played much of Diablo, 2 and LOD, I genuinely find the third game to be ridiculously easy. The first challenge I've really met was when I started playing nightmare!

I've killed all of the bosses without dying, in fact, I believe I've only died 3/4 times all together and I'm on act 2 nightmare so far!

I consider myself a pretty good gamer, and a good player at Diablo III so am I alone? Or do other Diablo gamers think the same?

Also, for a level cap of 60, I'm already 37 and I logged many, many more hours into Diablo 2 before reaching this level, why is it so easy to level up if the cap is only 60?!

Have you played pre 1.10 version of diablo ? i mean 1.09 1.08 of diablo 2 LOD ? you m8 talk nonsenses

Diablo 2 level 86 in 2 hours woot :)
Edited by Stargazer#2475 on 20/05/2012 08:19 BST
Reply Quote
Probably right, Just wanted to know if it was just me thinking it was rediculously easy but you guys have a point. I know hell and inferno is where the real game starts :D
Reply Quote
It all depends on your skills and what class you have picked, as a Wizzard I died a few times and had to re-arenge my skills so overcome some battles.

Personaly I think the difficulty is perfect as it is on Normal.
Reply Quote
Normal was so easy I became bored sadly. Nightmare feels more like what Normal should have been.

Also, the bosses really needs to be buffed. They are way to easy at the moment.
Reply Quote
I expected it to be more forgiving in some cases. With my barbarian (lvl30) I had a few cursing moments (some special packs and Act 2 boss) primarily not from dying, but I had to run through the entire dungeon again and again. Reading some threads makes me feel HP is more important than DPS, even on normal.

In other cases, I was just grinding through enemies with great satisfaction and got lucky with healing/health drops many times. I might play most areas again to get the location/lore achievements, but I'm sure I won't try higher levels.
Reply Quote
Personally, I enjoy a story and a game a lot more if my mind is dulled by not having to use some tact during gameplay. If people don't have to be cautious because they know they can easily kill anything that comes their way, they'll blow through the story faster.
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 is not easy for people who are playing this franchise for the first time, Diablo veterans tend to forget this.

New players takes a while to settle in and understanding the mechanics of the game, this is also made harder by specific classes which are less suicidal than melee ones.

A person who uses a wizard or a demon hunter for the first time that has never played Diablo, will die tons in normal.

I saw lots of people shouting for help to clear Diablo or Azmodan in normal.
Edited by BlackRabbit#1852 on 22/05/2012 17:13 BST
Reply Quote
October 24. 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IzhoGX_7uFY#t=125s

Haha, laughed so hard. Still, Lightning Enchanted mobs killed you in Diablo 2 anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]