Diablo® III

shield or mojo - inferno

shield or mojo in inferno mode. what do you think?
Reply Quote
I think mojo is better, cuz u get almost one shooted with shield or without it...so... its better to get dps :)

But act II still pain in the !@#!
Reply Quote
I stick with the shield out of habit but Jester is right 1-2 hits with or without it, so you might aswell stack that damage.
Reply Quote
i think shield because it can give damage as well like i found a good shield 1358 def +300 armor which gives you even 158 int and other skills...
Reply Quote
Balance out really, use shield on random mobs. Switch to a mojo on bosses. I mean you'll die straight away if you get hit by an attack. Might aswell go for the dps boost
Reply Quote
I'm having the same problem chosing, i went through hell all in dps, and all besides blues was easy. Then i bought new gear at AH with more armor and all res, i had to drop a little dmg for that, but my damage reduction went from 30% to 50% and the same with all res.

Act 3-4 hell and act 1 inferno is now much easier (i now act 1 is nothing compared to act 2) i can take more hits and therefor spam a lot more of zBears.

From what i've read around 50% says that everything kills you with one hits in act 2, so there is no point in getting armor, res and hp. And the other half says that they can tank 3-4 hits with high armor and res, and that they deal enough dmg with zBears or bats anyway.

I wanna try shield, but i don't wanna drop to much dps.
Reply Quote
That´s an interesting question, shield or mojo. If you had a really good shield, jungle fortitude and focused heavily on physical resistance, i think you could boost survivability a ton. Not sure if it would be worth the tradeoff of damage, though...
Reply Quote
24/05/2012 22:52Posted by GreenHill
i think shield because it can give damage as well like i found a good shield 1358 def +300 armor which gives you even 158 int and other skills...

Or just get a mojo that gives you +200 damage. Way way WAY better than some shield with int.
Reply Quote
yes, better for dmg, but if you can tank more hits, you can spam more bears or bats, and probably do more damage in the long run.

My hope is that gaining much res and armor can make you strong enough to fight straight up, and dont rely on kiting everything.
Edited by Borhäll#1481 on 25/05/2012 11:18 BST
Reply Quote
yes, better for dmg, but if you can tank more hits, you can spam more bears or bats, and probably do more damage in the long run.

My hope is that gaining much res and armor can make you strong enough to fight straight up, and dont rely on kiting everything.
In a group you can spam bats and bears, but good luck with killing elite packs when you're solo with such a set up.

I personally only use bear spam when playing with my wizard + monk and me as WD group. For solo, a build with much more control usually lets me single target everything down with a lot less deaths then a close range bear build. That's just me, though.

The thing is, you barely need the res and such in a group at all, at least not if the control / tank of the group is any good. As solo you will do well with a good cc build and very high dps, so why invest gold / time in getting a res set together at all?

I have 2 sets myself. One with high gold / magic find for group play, and one with the highest possible damage output for bosses, making achievements easier and general lols for just tearing through stuff without breaking a sweat.

All on inferno, btw.
Edited by Aurora#2681 on 25/05/2012 11:43 BST
Reply Quote
I just use a mojo with a pure dps build on inferno. 30k dps and everything dies before it gets to me on act3. And champions are easy to kite unless they are "fast" or something.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
Guys I only run with 16-22k health (MF or not) and rare boss types need about 5 hits to kill me in Inferno act 1. I don't get how people are taking such heavy damage.
Reply Quote
25/05/2012 12:03Posted by Spig
Guys I only run with 16-22k health (MF or not) and rare boss types need about 5 hits to kill me in Inferno act 1. I don't get how people are taking such heavy damage.

Wait for act 2 :)
Reply Quote
I don't play solo so much, i'm playing with a barb, that stomps them so i can hit all of them with bears, and slow, works pretty well so far. But if some of them gets free with teleport etc, it's nice to have some res and armor.
Reply Quote
mojo ofc, im playing with a mojo got 30 k dmg and 35 k hp, i tried building for less dmg with more hp and armor, but as a wd ur not suposed to be hit, so rather play like a glass cannon with spirit vesel to save you a** if you get unlucky. cause even with a shield and 45 k hp, you still die almost instantly if your hit. so rather have more dmg, wich means the kiting part will be quicker, and therefore a bigger chanse of surviving. and im on act 2 atm, so its all about the kiting. (could prolly have finished it, but we dont like rushing stuff skiping elite packs like everyone seems to do:p)

dmg is our main way of surviving
Reply Quote
^ This

Find a good mojo with 400 top end damage and you'll have an extra 4-5k dmg.
Reply Quote
I'm on 45k hp, 47% damage reduction, 9k dps.

I use shield, and Zombie Bears and I don't get 1-2 shotted.

It takes a fair amount to kill me actually which is nice, I get to stand in the middle for a bit AoEing with Bears and collecting the health globes to keep me going.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
25/05/2012 12:05Posted by BadKarma

Wait for act 2 :)

People said the same about Act 1.
Reply Quote
I'm on 45k hp, 47% damage reduction, 9k dps.

I use shield, and Zombie Bears and I don't get 1-2 shotted.

It takes a fair amount to kill me actually which is nice, I get to stand in the middle for a bit AoEing with Bears and collecting the health globes to keep me going.

Well it may work but you need alot more time to kill elites. I got 30k dps and 30k health and everything dies easily unless its an really nasty combo

People said the same about Act 1.

Who? Act I is always easy on every difficulty. Act 2 is where I had problems on hell and its where it gets really nasty on inferno. Glad that I made it to Act3 alreay which isnt that hard anymore.
Edited by BadKarma#2546 on 25/05/2012 13:22 BST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Mojo, witch doctors ALREADY struggle to compete for damage with other classes, don't make it harder on yourself for no good reason.

Shield might save you a hit, occasionally..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]