Diablo® III

Scheduled Maintenance - 30/5

(Locked)

Community
We will be performing scheduled maintenance beginning on Wednesday, May 30, at 3:00 AM CET and we expect the service to be available again at approximately 11:00 AM CET. During this time the Battle.net servers and any online games will be unavailable for play.
I got error 3003 atm, is this the maintenance???? I cant log in the game ... EU region...
i got the same thing... im pretty sure they got the dates wrong...
........... ok Blizzard you seriously need to implement an "offline" play option. No school today, jump on the pc ready for some diablo 3 and I can't play single player because of server maintenance????? C'mon!!!!! At least get the dates right for goodness sake.
Really need to start developing a better way to streamline maintenance. This being taken offline thing as ok in the past, but technologies have developed far to much over the years for it to be acceptable to be down for 8 hours once a week.
there only 3hrs left lol
29/05/2012 15:49Posted by pierebel
Really need to start developing a better way to streamline maintenance. This being taken offline thing as ok in the past, but technologies have developed far to much over the years for it to be acceptable to be down for 8 hours once a week.

this is true but at the same time when they upload to server it mass file upload which in return will slow server down. so placing mass files at one time it is best to shut down and us all band with for the file upload so take less time to upload.
never know how many new file there are and how many files the server has to rewrite over it dose take time.
they should put a time clock on the forums that counts down time till server is back up.
so everyone in the world would know how long till server is back.
i mean if they can do it for game release why not do it for server update???
You guys might want to note that today is the 29th..

Besides, I just logged in to test if commodity auction house was up again, could log in, but no ah.
29/05/2012 15:53Posted by King

this is true but at the same time when they upload to server it mass file upload which in return will slow server down. so placing mass files at one time it is best to shut down and us all band with for the file upload so take less time to upload.
never know how many new file there are and how many files the server has to rewrite over it dose take time.

Oh I don't disagree, but there are technologies for this. 8 hours is extremely excessive.
how long more we need to wait?
3 hours
29/05/2012 16:07Posted by pierebel

Oh I don't disagree, but there are technologies for this. 8 hours is extremely excessive.

Like oh, I don't know standby server racks that get updated and spun up before taking the mains offline? swapping racks back and forth eliminates the need to have downtime at all... if this is the fastest selling PC game ever you would think they had backups ( and what point to backups if they just sit there and collect dust until the mains break because of failed hardware, or an improperly trained technician)
''Breaking News''
We will be performing a Scheduled Maintenance beginning on Tuesday 29 ''3am'' and we expect services to be available again 11am.
That i can accept. But it is now 16:42pm Tuesday. Nearly 6! hours later and i get
Battle.net is down for Maintenance.Please try again later (error 33)
Well Blizzard yet again your full of crap. Give us the god dam OFFLINE mode.
I am sure i speak on behalf of many other million's people who play this game. And we each have to suffer everytime something screws up and you Blizzard can't even give accurate information.We all have paid for this game think we all deserve the rights to be given accurate info regarding the progress of your so-called work in process fixing the many screw ups this game is having. You take our money without a hesitation but you can't even be bothered to update us with the feedback.Instead you leave us all making these bloody comments as we all sit stewing in frustrations over wondering when are we going to get to play the dam game we Paid for! Do the right thing and update us with a accurate time of play. And just maybe someone in your dept can create a Offline mode that would really sort alot of this bull#### out.
I suppose it isn't worth pointing out that CET (central european time) is UTC +1.

Or as written for pacific time zone people (west coast US) the scheduled maintenance is from 6:00 pm to 2:00 am. It seems that this would be for EU servers only... but who knows.

One could conclude that the US servers are offline due to breakage (game or hardware).
We will be performing scheduled maintenance beginning on Wednesday, May 30, at 3:00 AM CET and we expect the service to be available again at approximately 11:00 AM CET.
??????????????????????
Oh i see now you all are completly clueless! says one thing on D3 login page to what i read above in the forums. Think you people at Blizzard need to learn how to address accurate information before giving it out to the public. Riddiculas!
Edited by Samonay#2503 on 29/05/2012 16:30 BST
Blizzard, it's all fine and well... but, if you scheduled the maintenance for 30/05, why is it going on today, 29/05? Are we supposed to expect the game will be back online at the time you announced here?

I understand everyone can make mistakes like this one, but this is the kind of thing you can't delay a response. A lot of people get their chores done thinking about when they will be able to login and play a little. Those people need to know when it will be up and running.

Please, I expect a fast response.

Regards.
so what time the servers will be back???????

Like oh, I don't know standby server racks that get updated and spun up before taking the mains offline? swapping racks back and forth eliminates the need to have downtime at all... if this is the fastest selling PC game ever you would think they had backups ( and what point to backups if they just sit there and collect dust until the mains break because of failed hardware, or an improperly trained technician)

Pretty much this. Rolling out new updated code shouldn't require your entire system to come down and if it does, it shouldn't require 8 hours.
Edited by pierebel#1206 on 29/05/2012 17:01 BST
The patch was applied, I've started the game and now it says: "A new patch for Diablo III is available. The game will now close an apply the patch automatically. You will be able to continue playing after the patch has been applied."
When I'll be able to play?
It's not fair. We've paid for this game, LET US PLAY.
Regards.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]