Diablo® III

Resistances and One with Everything

19 Worgen Druid
I was checking the forums, and trying to build a good tank build. Currently, my monk is about 55, and I have stacked vitality and dexterity with a nice shield with +%life. I also have a good life steal on my weapon.

I am now looking at resistances.

One of the things that immediately dawned on me, was that the monk has an ability called 'One with everything' which increases all resistances to the same as the one that is maxed.

Now say, for example, I started stacking fire resistance on all my items, and then use 'One with Everything' to max out all resistances. Ultimately, will this be beneficial in boss mobs or elites, when you stand on poison or fire?

I noticed since we melee a lot, we are constantly standing on either fire or poison or getting shot by those crazy pink rays. Perhaps this may help?

Also, on another note, does One with Everything, max out 'physical resistance' too when used?

Cheers.
Edited by aindriu#2379 on 20/05/2012 15:18 BST
Reply Quote
yes it does affect phys. res. too, and having high res in general helps ur overall surv, im with 150-160~ in inferno and its way too low (excellent in hell tho)
Reply Quote
I dont know guys...I dont think this is working properly or we are not reading it right.

I am playing my second run through and am at Act 4. I just turned 45, and had a pre-purchased a bunch of Light Res gear. I have my total light res at 180 now and just activated "one with everything".

I seriouly am not seeing a noticeable difference. In fact its so bad I came out to google to see if the formula is broken, or if its just for (fire, light, cold - i.e. elemental).

Really dissapointed to be honest because since level 35 i have been saving money to buy all high end gear with one resistence...spent about 200k and am still not seeing a difference.

Would be curious to see if anyone is having the same experience as me out there.
Reply Quote
All I can say is: Resi gear work wonders in Inferno ... i stacked arcane res and switched to one with everything and somehow I managed to clear act1 inferno, all those nasty molten, firechains etc. did alot less dmg
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I have about 60k hp and 50% reduction from resistances with One wth Everything and once you hit Act II the murder that is ground AoE starts all over again.
Edited by Fourtyfive#2697 on 22/05/2012 00:31 BST
Reply Quote
Eventho Itemization is way !@#$ed up and parameters are all over the place, I think it's safe to say that "All elemental resistances" item budget = "insert random element resistance"

So circumvent the use of "One of Everything" by simply stacking "All elemental resistances" instead of 1 type. Freeing up the Passive Transcendence or Guardian's Path (unless you're in INF, in which case DROP the 2nd 1h and pick up a shield!)
Reply Quote
Eventho Itemization is way !@#$ed up and parameters are all over the place, I think it's safe to say that "All elemental resistances" item budget = "insert random element resistance"

So circumvent the use of "One of Everything" by simply stacking "All elemental resistances" instead of 1 type. Freeing up the Passive Transcendence or Guardian's Path (unless you're in INF, in which case DROP the 2nd 1h and pick up a shield!)

All elemental resistances on budget? dafuq, I thought a single element resistance was the budget, endgame your gear should have all resistances so you would be dropping OWE for a different passive, OWE just helps you to stack resistances by buying a single one, it gets cheap and easy at the beginning but then you limit yourself to what you can buy. All res will add up eventually, but to start inferno it works wonders.
Reply Quote
i just dont get the jump from act 1 to act 2
60khp
38% dodge
55% resists
i die in 3 seconds i even us the deadly reach armor buff taking my armor to over 7.5k (i use shield cause i was tanking in groups)

my friend cleared act 2 last night with this bs 17kdps aoe build hes got my try that out done with trying to reduce this damage not possible

this is his build if u were wondering http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UdYXTk!YXU!cccbca
Edited by Tabif#1393 on 22/05/2012 13:10 BST
Reply Quote
All is everything. The cap for all resistances are higher than those for single resist.
Therefor you will be able to stack more all resist than you can stack single resist anyway.
*edit* on a budget I found several useful items costing between 5000 and 50000 gold with dex vit and all resist ~50
Edited by Dominuz#1227 on 22/05/2012 13:21 BST
Reply Quote
Hey guys, im wondering if the passive actually works the way im thinking on physical resistances? Because in not quite sure and im not high enough lvl to find out yet. I just wanna know if one with everything works equals all my other resistances to my physical resistance (assuming that is the one i want to stack) so if i had 50 all res and 300 physical then all of them would be 300?
Reply Quote
make sure you get the following skills in your items:

all resistance
your best resistance (everything cold for example)
dexterity
vitality

your rings/amulet/weapon need a life on hit bonus aswell if you want to survive ;)
Reply Quote
I've been noticing something.
I have 550+ res with OWE. my main res is Poison. I can comfortably smash through act 2 Inferno, it's actually feeling easy now.
I've noticed when fighting champion and elits that put down the poison floor traps things, I can tank them and my res+def and LoH (just over 1000) makes me able to just sit there and regain all dmg I receive from the poison with LoH. Now when it comes to fighting fire, it drains my health like a tap. Archane isn't as bad but it still drains me more than Poison does. cold and lightning has almost no effect appart from being frozen for a second every now and then.. Is this just because fire and Archane deals more damage in comparison to Poison? or is there something not quite right with One with everything?
Reply Quote
I think there is a glitch with One with everything. I added 30 fire resistance and in the details of my stats my resistance actually goes down by .6%...weird
Reply Quote
Wow, no one who actually knows stuff has commented on here? Let me try.

The reason why EVERYONE in later inferno uses One With Everything is that you will buy gear with all resistance AND ONE ANOTHER RESISTANCE OF YOUR CHOICE. For example, I stack fire res. So all my items have like +70 all res and +50 fire res, which means when I activate One With Everything I get 120 all res from that piece. This way you can get to over 900 all res quite handily.

Now notice that the skill raises all your resistances TO your highest resistance. So if you have an item with +60 all res and +40 fire res and bought another item with +40 cold resistance, your resistances wouldn't be raised at all! Because you have 100 fire res, OWE already raises your cold res to the same amount. So choose one resistance and stick with it, forget about the others.

And yeah, getting to ~500 all res in act2 is mandatory.
Edited by Teekuppi#1375 on 08/07/2012 08:35 BST
Reply Quote
Wow, no one who actually knows stuff has commented on here? Let me try.

The reason why EVERYONE in later inferno uses One With Everything is that you will buy gear with all resistance AND ONE ANOTHER RESISTANCE OF YOUR CHOICE. For example, I stack fire res. So all my items have like +70 all res and +50 fire res, which means when I activate One With Everything I get 120 all res from that piece. This way you can get to over 900 all res quite handily.

Now notice that the skill raises all your resistances TO your highest resistance. So if you have an item with +60 all res and +40 fire res and bought another item with +40 cold resistance, your resistances wouldn't be raised at all! Because you have 100 fire res, OWE already raises your cold res to the same amount. So choose one resistance and stick with it, forget about the others.

And yeah, getting to ~500 all res in act2 is mandatory.

This. And remember, its equally good to get one more resistance point when you have 800 resistance as it is when you have 200 resistance.
Reply Quote
I like how it seems (unless i missed it) but someone asks if one with everything stacks with physical resistance and no one answered..... i think no cuz i think it says elemental but i'm not sure. i'm a wizard and i tank act 1 inferno with 800 res and like NEVER die, if i do it's rare.
Reply Quote
as for the 200 vs 800 unless ur a melee ch that is a bunch of bull, at some point u have to sacrafice some resistance to balance out other attributes to make u live.... otherwise ur gear isn't going to pack punch hardly either and ur going to set off enraged times for sucking on dps
Reply Quote
13/07/2012 00:58Posted by Samsoniteous
I like how it seems (unless i missed it) but someone asks if one with everything stacks with physical resistance and no one answered..... i think no cuz i think it says elemental but i'm not sure. i'm a wizard and i tank act 1 inferno with 800 res and like NEVER die, if i do it's rare.

You think wrong, because OWE stacks physical.
Reply Quote
Hey guys, let me ask a question. If stacking mix both lightning and cold, which one is stacked by OWE? the highest one between them?
Reply Quote
the highest, btw OWE works fine check my res in game its about 988 all + - which is +-76.XX reduction
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]