Diablo® III

How to beat Diablo on inferno?

Hello,

I am a decent wizard. (50-60k DPS (build dependant),55k HP, 380+ resists,3000 armor, etc)
I reached Diablo yesterday.
I am able to farm inferno act3-4 with my team (monk+dh+me) and solo.
(Basically i ran 2 times, and i can solo act4 with extreme ease)

However i did not beat Diablo yet.
I have to go to vacation 2 days from now so i don't have time to experiment and i WANT to kill him before i leave.

Please give me advice on:

- how to beat Diablo with a DH and a monk

- how to beat Diablo wizard solo

Please only reply if you are a wizard player who already beaten Inferno Diablo.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
I did not beat him yet, but I'm on it ... so I think I'll share my thoughts as a basis for discussion! :)

I think you need to prep for a long fight - so here are my build and Item thoughts:

Kiting, dodging, regging while slowly draining Diablo is key.
Your stats seem nice, especially DPS - what's your build / Life Regen? You're using Glass Cannon I guess?!

I am at 40k dps (with ~2.5 attack speed), 40k life, 400+ resists, 1500Life/Sec (fully buffed).

My general build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bXlRSO!aXf!baZbZY

The Idea is to cast Blizzard + Hydra and run around Diablo, obviously dodge his fire attacks. Fire Piercing Orbs at his direction, aiming from minimap while you don't have to dodge. Phase 1 + 3 you can hide behind these big rocks, don't hesitate to use Pots + Pools (they will respawn) if you get hit. Use diamond skin if a hit is inevitable.

Phase 2 is the real problem - only engage if at full life, run away the rest of the time and wait for CDs / regeneration. With 1.5k Life / Sec you need to run around for 20 Seconds without being hit to recover from low life! :)

I didn't have time yet to get enough tries done, but I got fairly deep into Phase 2 - but died twice due to lag.

As my gear gets better I might swap Force Weapon for Teleport/Frost Nova for even more survivability. But that's ~10-15k DPS, which is too much yet.

A question aside ... does Diablo have an enrage of any sort? Didn't notice anything yet although my fights seem ridiculously long.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]