Diablo® III

LF Solid 2H Barb Build (Inferno)

Anyone got a good 2H barb build for Inferno.

I sold all my tank stuff (cleared up to start of Act 3 as Tank, but got sick of it) and bought a good 1200 DPS 2h with a socket for 500k, and a few cheap rares with crit, str and all resist.

Rocking about 35k dps now with Battle Rage, and 700 all resists, 38k hp.

Build I'm using right now is: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bVRkiP!aZY!YcZcaZ

Found it in another thread, and it's a good build. However, I do miss having some mobility (used both leap and charge as tank), so my question to the Barb community who plays 2H barb in inferno is this;

Does anyone have a solid 2H barb build for inferno that has either leap or charge in it?

Right now I'm just farming act 1 for 5x -> butcher -> goblins -> gold chests, as I'd like a little better gear before I move on to farming act 2.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Hey there, I'm interested too for a 2h build / gear for act III and more, but looks sadly complicated.
Reply Quote
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#acXVkP!beV!ZaaccZ
This is my 2h build in act 1.
Pretty solid I have comparable stats to yours only, not as good, and I never die. The rend range increase is a relief when you find hard hitting champs with knockback...
I'm trying to farm one more piece (gloves with very nice stats) then onto act 2. So far in act 2 with that spec I get owned way too easy :( even by white trash.... So I tried dishing rend for ignore pain (leap in right click) and found that with Wrath of the berserker against packs of champs, I could still only place 1 or 2 hits then had to run away before I got killed, and I had no weapons left to kite them with... So I now progress with this:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#acXVkR!beV!ZaaccZ
The wrath of berserker is just useless if you get 2 shotted... While rend can be used without getting a single hit.
Edited by Stampy#1895 on 03/06/2012 21:04 BST
Reply Quote
I'm using one, hit act 4 today.
Leap + ignore pain are the base of this build.
Keep one passive with defense, weapon mastery and ruthless. Other skills, as main i use cleave with increased damage, war cry impunity, ale either battle rage with damage boost, or berserker with insanity. Alternative for that slot can be also threatening shout with rune that taunts, because ranged AI in this game is unbelivably annoying for barb, you will have to chase elites for very long time sometimes. This helps, they come into melee for 3s, and get cleaved in the face.
To progress through acts, you will of course need better and better items, classic barb stuff, str, vit, all res, crit and ias. Last skill, revenge.

I found that stacking life regeneration works better than just getting more and more health without ability to regenerate it.
Reply Quote
Been farming 5x -> warden -> butcher -> goblins & chests of various places about 10 times tonight with this build:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bViRXP!aYZ!YcaZaZ

Basically the same as I linked in OP, except swapping out War Cry with Leap (/w Iron Impact).
Pretty much stomping everything in act 1 with it. 1shot most normal mobs.

Also tried Act 2, and although I died a few times on some elite packs, I killed 5 of them in ~15 min or so and got to Belial. Few tries to get through phase 1 & 2, because a lot of my gear is pretty bad defense-wise. When I got to phase 3, eventually, I got 1shot by 1 of his normal attacks (those green thingies then he hits down) for 43k. Don't have any +move speed tho, so gonna farm a little more and get better boots with move speed, as well as lacuni prowlers, then start farming 5x belial + chests/goblins.

May swap out battle rage with war cry for some more survivability, not sure. Feel like my damage is more than fine, when I can stomp act 2 elite packs in ~8-10 sec with berserker.

Thanks for the input. :)
Edited by Khaine#2335 on 04/06/2012 00:58 BST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Im farming ACT II inferno with my 2h barb, using this spec. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WViRPk!bVZ!acabZc
Edited by MrBaws#2234 on 04/06/2012 03:34 BST
Reply Quote
To Laënaya

Would swap out Tough as Nails for Weapon Master.

I`m farming act lll with that spec
Reply Quote
Just finished act 2 using a 2hand build and i made some changes when i hit a wall midway in ACT 2.

Core (should not be changed)
-Frenzy with maniac (i havent theorycrafted, but sidearm for 1hander and maniac for 2hander)
- Defensive: Ignore pain with ignorance is bliss and Leap with iron impact.
- Revenge with the 30% rune
- Wrath of the beserker with 100% dmg rune

For the last skill i have been switching between Battle rage and Earthquake (with the 0 fury rune). Earthquake being stronger for elite packs and bosses.

Basicly you leap into an elite pack and have 15k+ armor for 4seconds, which should give you enough time to pop wrath of berserker, once you get it off pop ignore pain and earthquake. This should keep you healed up for the duration of ignore pain and enough dmg to kill most elite packs.

You should also run mace or axe for the increased crit and get as much crit dmg as possible, it will give you a huge increase in dps. Shouldt be to hard to get 45-50k dps unbuffed.
Edited by Gandelor#2777 on 04/06/2012 10:09 BST
Reply Quote
Just finished act 2 using a 2hand build and i made some changes when i hit a wall midway in ACT 2.

Core (should not be changed)
-Frenzy with maniac (i havent theorycrafted, but sidearm for 1hander and maniac for 2hander)
- Defensive: Ignore pain with ignorance is bliss and Leap with iron impact.
- Revenge with the 30% rune
- Wrath of the beserker with 100% dmg rune

For the last skill i have been switching between Battle rage and Earthquake (with the 0 fury rune). Earthquake being stronger for elite packs and bosses.

Basicly you leap into an elite pack and have 15k+ armor for 4seconds, which should give you enough time to pop wrath of berserker, once you get it off pop ignore pain and earthquake. This should keep you healed up for the duration of ignore pain and enough dmg to kill most elite packs.

You should also run mace or axe for the increased crit and get as much crit dmg as possible, it will give you a huge increase in dps. Shouldt be to hard to get 45-50k dps unbuffed.

And your passives?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
To Laënaya

Would swap out Tough as Nails for Weapon Master.

I`m farming act lll with that spec

cheers, using it now, its freaking awesome
Reply Quote
If you want to clear inferno full DPS, it's all about the gear. Your DPS gear must better than the regular barb tank gear.
You need basically the same stats but with crit chance, ias, crit damage, LoH. The gear will be WAY more expensive.
Reply Quote
Okay I just cleared act 2 inferno today... just died a lot (maybe 15 times...) from vault of assassins till right before Kulle .. got extremely unlucky having champion packs and elite packs being at the same location by pairs, effectively blocking every single routes.... got through them however dying once per twin alliances, but up to 5 times on a particular set of them.
Also got loads of kamikaze bomba packs (one or two I could kill before exploding... but packs poping out of nowhere especially once I'm half a mile in past the checkpoint....) But eventually beat the servers shut down !! I was rushing against the clock maybe that's why I died a lot, I would go against packs without WoTB.

Here's the build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aXRVkP!beV!ZabccZ

I have 21k dps, 858 min resist up to 988. 8400 armor (thanks honey enchantress). So that's that! Hope this helps :)

EDIT: got 5% crit chance, 71% crit damage increase. ZERO IAS.
Edited by Stampy#1895 on 07/06/2012 04:09 BST
Reply Quote
Fenzy is terrible for 2 handers.... use bash.
I'm using this build for safety now: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ahRVkP!bZe!ZbbccZ

Stopped dying when I reached 26k dps with 5.5% life leech (life leech still useless for me at 36k.....) 7k armor 700 res all, 48800 hp.

The way my build works now with 36k dps, 37% crit chance, 150% crit damage increased is that if your health goes low, and you still don't have a revenge proc... just whirlwind through a pack then make sure to stop in the middle if you have a revenge proc (although revenge at that point becomes an attack to finish them off as you would be back to full health already from the whirlwind xD)

I tried frenzy for a while...... takes much more time to kill ennemies... if the packs are seperated... also loosing the 5 stacks is a pain in the @#$ when you have to kite away from a troubling pack... at least with bash you get what you pay for.... always. not 5 seconds after engaging (yes with a 2 hand weap it takes that much time to charge it...)

Also any build with 2 ultimate is useless especially earthquake as monsters run a lot .... and never stay in it.

EDIT:
27/06/2012 19:21Posted by pussyslaya
Ignore Pain (ig bliss) - proc when health is low and revenge isnt proc'd

You haven't got revenge in that build.
Edited by Stampy#1895 on 27/06/2012 20:37 BST
Reply Quote
I killed diablo on inferno today. Earthquake, ignore is bliss, dread spear, seismic slam, impunity, frenzy. On acts 1-3 i took hammer of ancients instead of seismic slam and dropped earthquake for merciless assault - but elites are harder that way.
Reply Quote
i use this build to farm act 2 right now :http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WQRSkP!ZcY!abbccZ

I use side arm for the extra aoe that my build is lacking
OP with crushing advance is just 2 good 2 pass when you fight molten / plauge / descrator / fire chains cuz it reflecs alot of dmg and if you pop Ignore pain while you doing it you also get healed for alot.

i got around 5.5K armor , 42K hp 600 all resist ( physical and fire and around 750/850) 30K dps unbuffed.
Edited by Serp#2785 on 27/06/2012 22:52 BST
Reply Quote
Have cleared inferno as 2h using this:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bXVkRP!ZYg!YaccbZ

It is top priority that you use a mace or axe as the 10% crit from weapon master is 2nd to none.

For my first Diablo kill I wasn't concerned about valour so swapped to frenzy sidearm for more single target dps.

With regards to farming though, I feel from experience that cleave is much better at getting down champ packs fast during WoTB.

If you are struggling with gear then definitely swap out the brawler for either tough as nails or nerves of steel (whichever gives you more armour). If that's still not enough then switch out another to get the 2nd armour passive, and if that is still not enough then get superstition as well.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aeVRPT!YdZ!bYcbZb

This is what Im using. My stats are a little messed up right now, but....yea. Full cleared a1+a2 with few deaths(maybe 10 throughout both). Currently sitting at 62k dmg, 25k hp, 250 res-ish.

I 10 sec butcher, 14 sec phase 3 belial with this. Bash+SSlam keeps stuff of of me. Bloodthirst helps alot with 2h. Life steal>>>>>>>life on hit for a 2h barb(This isnt double tornado, kthx). Remember, Sslam might hit 15 targets, but you only get credit for one hit>.< with LoH. Life steal. Life steal. Life steal.
With 5.7 life steal, it works as about 800 LoH on single target, and insane on big pulls. simple as that
Reply Quote
All you need to do is swap out WOTB or BR for leap, or charge. Its personal preference. pickup a 10% damage bonus belt, for the primary attack of your choice. personally i still think frenzy is better then cleave, but its personal preference, i have good 10% damage bonus belts for all 3 primary attacks.

if you want more damage take charge, as you will crit with it quite often for 150-250k depending on weapon. leap has more utility. either way you will have to give up wotb, or BR.

the only way you can avoid doing that, is if you can get enough armor/RA to avoid having to use warcry. at that point you can dump warcry for the extra offensive power of a dual wotb/BR build, and still work in charge or leap.

While cleave has more damage per hit, i find that given how mobile you have to be in act 3 or act 4, that you will lose overall damage by trying to spend to much time lining up multi-target hits. Frenzy with maniac gives a signficant damage boost that is not reflected in your stat sheet, although the overall damage per hit is lower.

bash with the extra 18% or, 22% secondary attacks also works well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]