Diablo® III

They need to fix the hit box...

I've noticed that it is nearly imposible to dodge any incoming attack.

An example I attacked a monster he got to close I ran away and got hit when I am 5 feet away from his attack?
That aint supposed to happen...

Anyone else noticed this broken hit box or is it just me?

(Sorry for any spelling errors)
Reply Quote
I do not think the hitboxes are a problem. What you, and me and many others, experience is most likely due to latency.
Reply Quote
I heard that they made this on purpse because it would be "too easy" if you could dodge attacks like that.

if they begin the animation, they wil hit you no matter what.
Reply Quote
it is a feature. not a bug.
Reply Quote
True might just be the damn latency problem...
Reply Quote
This is why I love the Mortar affix so much. You get to watch yourself die as a half dozen mortars rain down - NOWHERE NEAR YOU.
Reply Quote
They didn't want skill based dodge, so they eliminated it to help scrubs in the upcomming PvP and nerf melee just a bit more in PvM.
Edited by Jek#2394 on 11/06/2012 17:20 BST
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 17:20Posted by Jek
They didn't want skill based dodge, so they eliminated it to help scrubs in the upcomming PvP and nerf melee just a bit more in PvM.

Nerf melee for the players or the monsters?
If the players then I will not make a melee character every again.
I find it hard enough as a barb on inferno...
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 16:51Posted by KeyChain
I do not think the hitboxes are a problem. What you, and me and many others, experience is most likely due to latency.

I am pretty sure hitbox is a factor of the problem.

It's really unreasonably huge...
Reply Quote
87 Human Warrior
Play early in the morning and see for yourself that hit boxes of projectiles are fine. It is a latency issue(server side) as someone already said.
Reply Quote
58 Blood Elf Warrior
Wow = Don't stand in the fire
Diablo = Stand at least 5 yards away from the fire
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 17:10Posted by Aikz
Play early in the morning and see for yourself that hit boxes of projectiles are fine. It is a latency issue(server side) as someone already said.

I assure you I play at the most obscure time.

And the hit box is huge, I am at least 2 characters away from a monster swing and I still get hit. And you notice these things, because 1 hit in nf tends to kill you.
Reply Quote
This doesn't seem to be a problem with all monsters, oddly enough. In act 1 it happens to me with ravenous dead and skeletons, but the attacks from big guys don't exhibit this behavior (grotesques and the other ones, I forgot their name). Also, I never got damage from mortar unless it fell on top of me.
Reply Quote
love when you move out of the way from the act 2 stinger projectiles and you clearly see that they will pass on the side - ONLY NOT BAM pay more repbills lol
Reply Quote
The range mobs seemed better. It's the melee ones that are usually the problem.

May be it's due to the swing actually does dmg according to the "start" of the swing instead of when it suppose to hit you?

Or may be just mob's "attack box" is too big?

Like those pain monger ... and skeleton always can hit a short distance from their animation.
Reply Quote
The range mobs seemed better. It's the melee ones that are usually the problem.

May be it's due to the swing actually does dmg according to the "start" of the swing instead of when it suppose to hit you?

Or may be just mob's "attack box" is too big?

Like those pain monger ... and skeleton always can hit a short distance from their animation.

True the ranged monsters dosnt hit you when you are standing 5 feet away from the arror ow whatever it is but the melee monsters are the problem their attack box is to big or the players hit box is to big...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Diablo has major hitbox problems it's insane, all of his skills hit you if youre not half of the map away from them, some guys posted a video on the forums showing the diablo hitbox problems
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 17:20Posted by Hamorea
Diablo has major hitbox problems it's insane, all of his skills hit you if youre not half of the map away from them, some guys posted a video on the forums showing the diablo hitbox problems

You have a link to this forum post?
I would like to see it
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 17:22Posted by Gerbil

You have a link to this forum post?
I would like to see it

Not the video he's talking about but you can clearly see it in one of mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnMVDarejNU&feature=plcp

Also http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4427663050#15
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 17:20Posted by Hamorea

i kinda agree to this, Diablo Fireball thingie is near impossible to dodge even if you are a screen away and running directly perpendicular. The fireball has a hitbox of a bus.

I think its not the player hitbox which is broken, it is the projectiles. Skeleton archer arrows are pretty easy dodge, while those moonclan spear man are beyond stupidity. Not to mention that they dont have a *casting animation*, they just throw it instantly at you, like a dart.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]