Diablo® III

Auction house bots?

Hey all,

on several occasions in the last weeks i have experienced when trying to bid on an item, i got outbid before my bid even was made. When i stopped bidding, the price of the item stayed the same. When i made a bid, it was upped immediatly, or strangely enough, it seemed even just before.

Can this be botting or was it just bad luck?
Reply Quote
Yes it happened to me a few times also, almost instant bid and price not increasing further. Clearly a bot.
Reply Quote
If you think someone is botting an item perhaps bid as much as possible to !@#$ them over.

Unless they were able to set a limit...
Reply Quote
erm.. no.

You don't understand how bidding works in diablo 3. (probably played too much world-of)

Let's say an item has a 100g bid. Then I bid 20.000g.

What happens now is that the current bid only increases to maybe 120g. My max-bid is still 20k but if I win the auction for 120g I get 19.880g back after the auction.

I will keep auto-bidding on the item until your bid is higher than my 20k bid.

This is all probably too complicated for you simple-minded people to understand though. So let's just call it a bot.
Reply Quote
erm.. no.

You don't understand how bidding works in diablo 3. (probably played too much world-of)

What happens now is that the current bid only increases to maybe 120g. My max-bid is still 20k but if I win the auction for 120g I get 19.880g back after the auction.

This is all probably too complicated for you simple-minded people to understand though. So let's just call it a bot.

Cool. Didn't know that because I always select buyout (normally by the time the bidding is over I'm to far ahead for that item to be any good for me).

Perhaps you should have worded it more politely though. The two above me may only have played this game for a few hours, whereas you by the other hand might play it all day. Every day.
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 23:00Posted by TheBestName
Perhaps you should have worded it more politely though.

You're probably right.

I guess I just got fed up with people making threads about this AH-bot-bidding every day. But they don't want to use 10 minutes to try to read about how the the auction house actually works.
Reply Quote
where can i get one of these bots?
Reply Quote
This is happening to me as well. Can't out bit the person buying it because the gold is sent right back to me.
Reply Quote

Learn to read. The above explains it very well.

I'm lmao imagining you guys using ebay...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]