Diablo® III

spirit regen and life per spirit spent

Why is everyone obssesed with LOH ? With 3x spirit regen items for almost 6 spirit per second (head and two weapons) , fast atack speed for spirit regen, and around 200 (also talent counted in) life per spirit spent u can heal yourself for 10k realy often.
Reply Quote
With Attack-Speed 2.6+ and LoH 1000-2000 you can heal yourself really often :D
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
life per spirit spent is basically life on hit and life regen. You gain 6 spirit per attack, so if you have 200 life per spirit then it's the same as 1200 life on hit. You have 6 spirit per second so it's the same as 1200 life per second.

All it comes to is what you can find in the AH. With weapon + gem + amulet gets you over 1300 easily, as long as you have a couple of millions to spare.
Reply Quote
You can get that high with life per spirit spent!? (lv39 in nm)

Wow. Thats impressive, especialy with the LoH already out there. I assume for a hit in dps we really can become self healing tanks who cannot die lol. Cant wait to get into hell and lv 60 :D
Reply Quote
In "Hell" you only need a lot of HP.

In inferno you'll get your !@# kicked bc's you stacked HP.
Resits + Armor + LoH (Life on Hit) is the key to survie...

SUre.. there are some elitist players wich beat the stuff without LoH, but it needs more time to spend. Delete RL and youll be suches without LoH
Reply Quote
Life per Spirit Spent is a really good stat. Spirit regeneration is actually really terrible in the amounts available, I wouldn't ever bother with it - use attack speed to increase your spirit regeneration. It's obviously a beneficial stat, but don't focus on it.

But this has nothing to do with LoH or AS. Life per Spirit Spent is available only on monk weapons and helms. That's only two slots to worry about (maybe 3 if dual wielding), and weapons can have both LoH and life per spirit spent easily.

TLDR you can have both.
Edited by Thaya#1303 on 11/06/2012 23:12 BST
Reply Quote
life per spirit spent has an interesting mechanic in that you can control when healing occurs. LoH requires folks to stand toe to toe and left click the mouse to oblivion. I feel it encourages a more nimble play style that relies on positioning and skill management. For instance serenity allows you to tank damage with impunity to recharge spirit. Combined with blinding flash and/or penitent flame the cc with burst heal is a lot of fun. I think LoH is overpowered when stacked and is likely to get nerfed one way or the other.
Reply Quote
i already started thinking in that direction. 200 is impressive. i am about to buy a weapon that'll make mine above 100 with transcendence, something like 110 i think. most are spamming mantra anyway. 50spirit with 200 is 10k heals, so one more skill is freed instead of breath of heaven and no timeout for heal. switched from thunderclap to quickening and hoping with the weapon my 5k heals will be enough for now. though to get to above 150 its still very expensive for me since above 40life per spirit weapons are not cheap, but compared to LoH prices its nothing. this allows heal while away from the enemy, and in a tough spot serenity and quickening can work wonders.
Reply Quote
I have been useing lps recently as well and have found it to be fun and involving.
I have a total of 190ish lps

the build im using atm http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aigVfk!UXY!YcYaYa

Left : FoT-Quickening for more spirit ofc

Right: Sweeping Winds-Cylcone Aoe with higher potential single target dps

1 : Serenity-Acension oh-@#% and free time to build spirit

2 : Palm-Flesh is weak single target dps with increased dmg + super aoe helper

3 : Cyclone-Wall of wind gathering tool/dodge to bring all the boys to my yard

4 : Conviction-Overawe huge party dps buff

now i usually run with a real life friend whos DH is mentaly challenged and runs into every mob instead of getting range, hence why i use cyclone to rip them off him. but it works for us and gathering everything into a nice tidy clump i use mantra and watch him cluster @#$% them all XD . with mantra/cyclone i get upwards of 9500 heals. on single targets like bosses EP comes to the rescue inc dmg / bleed / 7600 heal. With quickening i can almost spam mantra and cyclone for aoe time or mantra and EP for boss time.
Reply Quote
Well seems that noone here is not confused by what he wrote.

life per spirit spent is basically life on hit and life regen. You gain 6 spirit per attack, so if you have 200 life per spirit then it's the same as 1200 life on hit. You have 6 spirit per second so it's the same as 1200 life per second.

What a nonsence? Your primal attack doesnt "spent" spirit. He generates it. Skills which "spent" spirits are the ones who cost spirit like Seven sided strike, Sweeping wind and others. So you heal yourself only with skills those skills not with your primal attacks.
Reply Quote

What a nonsence? Your primal attack doesnt "spent" spirit. He generates it. Skills which "spent" spirits are the ones who cost spirit like Seven sided strike, Sweeping wind and others. So you heal yourself only with skills those skills not with your primal attacks.

Given that any monk ought to have a mantra, it's not exactly a problem to spend your Spirit though. With a mantra it's pretty dang easy to throw away Spirit, and you benefit from it too. With a lot of LpS it allows you to make a pretty strong burst healing on yourself.
Reply Quote
I know, but it doesnt solve our problem, that someone is thinking, that primary attacks which generates spirits(fist of thunder,deadly reach, cripling wawe or way of the hundred fists) heal your self thanks to spirit spent stat. No, it doesnt.
Reply Quote
26/06/2012 13:47Posted by Plukovnik
I know, but it doesnt solve our problem, that someone is thinking, that primary attacks which generates spirits(fist of thunder,deadly reach, cripling wawe or way of the hundred fists) heal your self thanks to spirit spent stat. No, it doesnt.

You are confusing yourself.

Main attack generates Spirit and heals through Life on Hit yes. If you take the spirit that is generated from that attack you can heal yourself easily, ie Mantra or something else. AKA Main attack can generate healing from two sources.
Reply Quote
Doing the math we can see that LPS isn't as easy to itemize as LoH.

Let's take a look at the auction house: weapons seem to have a grand maximum of 60 LPS, and helmets around 30. Let's say you're lucky and get to dual-wield with 2 50 LPS weapons and get a helmet with 30 LPS. You'll get 130 total LPS which is equal to 780 LoH. For that, you've likely sacrificed a helmet socket and other valuable stats. With Transcendence you'll have close to 200 LPS (1200 LoH), but you'll have to sacrifice a passive. Either way you lose something.

On the other hand, it's easy to find 780+ LoH on one weapon alone. Otherwise, 300 LoH on both weapons (which can be gotten only via sockets) and another 300+ on an amulet will bring you far more life back without sacrificing helmet stats or passive skills. And unlike LPS, it's auto-activated so you don't have to do it yourself.

I have around 1200 LoH using 1 weapon + shield and an amulet that cost me 500k. Of course, you can have both. But fact of the matter is, if you're going pure LPS and nothing else, you'll have a much harder time finding the equivalent to LoH.
Edited by BlackSeven#1792 on 26/06/2012 16:48 BST
Reply Quote

i don't know who you think is confused, but i was talking about 4sec serenity + quickening to generate spirit fast to then spam mantra, and possibly away from the enemy after serenity ends, or even use my tempest rush to run away and heal at the same time. maybe i didn't explain it well enough. main advantage is replacement of breath of heaven, so you can use one more offensive skill.

26/06/2012 16:46Posted by Seven
have around 1200 LoH using 1 weapon + shield and an amulet that cost me 500k. Of course, you can have both. But fact of the matter is, if you're going pure LPS and nothing else, you'll have a much harder time finding the equivalent to LoH

as somebody said here already, and as the main reasoning the devs had behind the AS nerf was that people had AS as a must have stat, LoH is bound to get nerfed. i rather look for a LpS and a life steal weapon, and heal using mantra and heal while running with tempest rush (which with 200 LpS would be 2k heals while running). its a cheaper alternative as LoH weapons are now in the millions.

i am playing a monk not a vampire.
Reply Quote
26/06/2012 19:19Posted by Valentin
i am playing a monk not a vampire.

Cheers
Reply Quote
Im playing a vampire monk D: Because I run with lifesteal ;)

Anyways, there is a belt, hellcats waistguard that gives you spirit regen aswell. So from items you could get around 10 spir/sec. Note 2.0 is not the max neither on weapons nor helm :)
Just wanted to point that out ^^
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
You'll get 130 total LPS which is equal to 780 LoH.

How do you work that out?

Which skill are you using? Which attack of said skill?

Say I had 130 LPS, and am using WotHF - FoF. How much LoH is one 'hit' worth?

The first attack? So 6 spirit generated, and spent for a 780 is equal to 150% of any LoH I have?

So I need three item slots (50 LPS *2 and 30 LPS on helm) to equal 520 LoH (which I can get form a single weapon).

Why would I ever bother with LpSS?
Reply Quote
Bitterness:
if you are going for a crit build, fists of thunder + quickening

for the sake of argument, lets say 34% critical chance, and take the average of one critical hit every 3 attacks.

3 hits = 18 spirit, add one critical hit, 15 more spirit for a total of 33.

for the sake of argument, 2.0 attacks per second so its easier to calculate. after 3 seconds we have 6*3 = 18 spirit generated from 2.0 spirit generation on weapons and helm, plus 6 attacks = 36 spirit, and 2 of them critical so 30 more.

in total we have 84 spirit on 6 hits. 84 spirit * 130 LPS = 10920

10920 / 6 = 1820 life per hit. not to mentionevery 3 seconds spam mantra for constant mantra uptime and 34 more spirit for other things.

the OP suggested 200 LPS, added 60 from passive, with 6 spirit per second generation, and that would give 16800 heal every 3 seconds, and 16800/6 = 2800 life per hit.

now without the spirit generation, only quickening, in which case attack speed doesn't matter. 66 spirit, 130 lps gives 8580, 200 lps gives 13200.
8580/6 = 1430 life on hit.
13200/6 = 2200 life on hit.

66 spirit per 6 attacks is 11 per attack, so you need 5 attacks to have 55 spirit. 5 attacks in 3 seconds is 1.67 attack speed, which is easilly doable with 2 fist weapons and 4 more attack speed on anything. with that you again get constant mantra up time and 5 more spirit every 3 seconds for other uses.

now imagine the near optimal build, 50ish critical chance, 200 LPS, lets say 10 spirit per second and 2 attack speed. every 6 hits you get 3 criticals so 45 more spirit from quickening, plus 30 from spirit generation and 36 from spirit generators, total of 111, multiplied by 200 is 22200, divided by 6 is 3700 life per hit. maximum life per hit is 3400ish.

EDIT:

and who said you cannot use both LPS and LOH ?
Edited by Valentin#2987 on 30/06/2012 20:47 BST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Brilliant post! ;)

Just one thing;

10920 / 6 = 1820 life per hit

Which rune again?

If it's FoF, then it's 1213 LoH. Facing a single target.

Add in multiple mobs, and, well, the required LoH lowers proportianally to the number of mobs you hit, while LpSS doesn't change.

With quickening, you could make the case that more mobs would give more chance for Quickening to proc, giving more Spirit to spend with LpSS.

But you get the point. ;)

divided by 6 is 3700 life per hit. maximum life per hit is 3400ish.

2466 with FoF. ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]