Diablo® III

Inferno Done, Best places to Farm???

Just solo'd Diablo on inferno and can do any boss fight if u guys need help with build or strat ama. Where is the best places you guys are finding to farm as a wizard solo?? Want to find a goood new 1h
Reply Quote
treasure goblins in act 2 are probably the best rare/time farming, but you can't get a "good" (1k+ dps) 1h in act 2 as far as I know, so if you want to FIND a new weapon, you're pretty much relegated to act 4, or getting super lucky in act 3.

As for act 3, siegebreaker runs seem to be the easiest/best
Reply Quote
treasure goblins in act 2 are probably the best rare/time farming (...)t

Can you elaborate on this? Is there any guaranteed way to find goblins, or are you just running around hoping to bump into them?
Reply Quote
best place to farm in the game atm is definetly whimsyshire, highest mob lvl in the game (so im told:p) and therefore the chances of higher drops, i found 2 1000+dps 1h'ers yesterday there.

what i do is start the quest "the broken blade" then farm cemetery of the forsaken/fields of misery for 5 buffs. and then enter. on that quest you have Leah with you, so she will keep the elite packs in combat if you have some trouble on certain packs, and you need to wait on respawn timer:p
Reply Quote
05/06/2012 10:26Posted by Skeel
best place to farm in the game atm is definetly whimsyshire, highest mob lvl in the game (so im told:p) and therefore the chances of higher drops, i found 2 1000+dps 1h'ers yesterday there.

This is inferno? how much for the upgrade?

BTW, most of the time i see goblin bandits (brown ones) whenever i do butcher runs..
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
If you want to farm high-end gear, don't bother with anything but Act 3/4 or Whimsyshire as only those places can drop everything. Drops are the same there, though, no matter what you kill. It's a matter of efficiency and personal preference. Popular choices include, but are not limited to, Siegebreaker, Cydea/Azmodan, Silver Spire, Whimsyshire and Diablo. Choose whatever you can clear the fastest! Note though that if you farm bosses, it is inadvisable to kill them without NVx5, as that will guarantee 2+ yellows. Whimsyshire has a high number (if not the highest number) of magic item drops, but since the NV hidden rare-bonus only affects bosses, you will likely end up with less yellows than elsewhere.
Reply Quote
05/06/2012 10:32Posted by vinsomniac

This is inferno? how much for the upgrade?

BTW, most of the time i see goblin bandits (brown ones) whenever i do butcher runs..

first staff is 150 k, nightmare 200 k, hell 500 k, inferno 1 mil, so around 1.85 mil all in all. but its quickly made in again, a worthwhile investment imho:p
Reply Quote
Just do over and over act 4, you will find your 1h dps soon enough
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Id say this place: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTP5WCLADJs&feature=plcp

Just found a ring for some hours ago and its allready sold for 1 mil (Could have gotten more, but i needed the gold fast so i undercutted with 700k)
Edited by Kasper#2429 on 08/06/2012 02:22 BST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest

Just found a ring for some hours ago and its allready sold for 1 mil (Could have gotten more, but i needed the gold fast so i undercutted with 700k)

Keep in mind that anything below Act 3 can't drop the highest tier equipment. You can farm gold there and medium-value items but if you want expensive stuff, you'll have to go Act 3/4 or Whimsyshire.

High-end equipment is very expensive. 1 Million won't get you very far, nor will 200k/hour :(
Edited by Hinnyu#2473 on 08/06/2012 10:31 BST
Reply Quote

Keep in mind that anything below Act 3 can't drop the highest tier equipment. You can farm gold there and medium-value items but if you want expensive stuff, you'll have to go Act 3/4 or Whimsyshire.

High-end equipment is very expensive. 1 Million won't get you very far, nor will 200k/hour :(

I got a Stormshield off a regular act 2 mob, and thats an ilvl 63 (highest) item
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
08/06/2012 11:08Posted by Notlupus
I got a Stormshield off a regular act 2 mob, and thats an ilvl 63 (highest) item

Stormshield is an i62 item, not 63. It can drop in Act 2 for sure.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/stormshield
Reply Quote
I generally run Siegebreaker. Act 3 can drop anything Whimsyshire or Act 4 can drop, just at a slightly lower rate, and it's easy for me to get five stacks of NV and off Siegebreaker in a pretty quick and regular manner. I'm not pulling 1k dps blues regularly, but I am getting nice rare 850 dps 1h's with life on hit and sockets and stats, or solid rare bows, which sell for a few million apiece.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Act 3 can drop anything Whimsyshire or Act 4 can drop, just at a slightly lower rate.

Do you have any source as to the "lower rate" thing? The table published by Blizzard a few days ago definitely lists Act 3/4 at completely equal drop rates (Whimsyshire also).

That being said, I can definitely second Siegebreaker runs. As a Wizard, you will find few spots that are better for kiting and you can easily kill pretty much any affix combination there. Well geared and experienced, it takes about 20 minutes and 0-3 deaths to complete which all things considered is, I think, pretty good for a high-end farming run.
Reply Quote
08/06/2012 11:18Posted by Okaasan

Stormshield is an i62 item, not 63. It can drop in Act 2 for sure.

url

Sorry then, my bad!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I dont know... do Act 3 and 4 over again?
But i would like to know about stats i need in Act 2 to survive and do enought
good damage!? Atm i have something around 21k damage, 17k HP, resists around 170.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Ppl say pony level is nice for farm but u need high dps for inferno, Ill try hell soon just to check items.. But to open inferno level u need a lot of gold:(
And u can always try siegebraker farm
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I dont know... do Act 3 and 4 over again?
But i would like to know about stats i need in Act 2 to survive and do enought
good damage!? Atm i have something around 21k damage, 17k HP, resists around 170.

with 30k HP, 400+ resists and 20k+ dps it was not so hard till balia
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]