Diablo® III

Where do I find again The Veiled Treasure Portal?

Well we were in desolate sands yesterday with my friend. We activated a portal by talking a NPC and then we entered the dungeon. But we couldn't make it.
And I've searched again and again. But there's neither NPC nor portal.

What's the rarity of the portal.
For Instance. 1 of 20 games.
Thanks.
Reply Quote
I have seen it twice so far in all my games I played. Made it once in nightmare, the other time it appeared in inferno, I hoped for the best but it didnt work lol
Reply Quote
I think it's just one of the 10 possibilities you have to find in Desolate Sands to get the "Wheel of Misfortune" achievement. So far I haven't been able to open any of those portals, maybe something happens once you've found them all?
Reply Quote
I don' think so... Cos we found it once in desolate sands, and the cave of burrowing horror and the ancient machine less rare than this. This is one of the rarest events in the game.
Reply Quote
I hit it on the Wheel of Misfortune but it didn't credit me on the Wheel Achievement or as an individual one. Another bug?
Reply Quote
I went back in and got error 28010
Reply Quote
Okay finally got it. I've been using the same character so don't think I was able to complete it by changing bodies. It just decided to credit the last time through. Now I just have to hit 5 other items, including the Fowl Lair, to complete the whole thing.
Reply Quote
I done the Wheel of Misfortune achievement yesterday. It will drive you to the point of insanity.
Reply Quote
i think the veiled treasure zone of the veel is buged, went in there and didint get the achiev nor the wheel count eny helps?
Reply Quote
i'm running desolate sands to find it right now.... if come1 can join me, we can find it faster!!

Add me Farias#1598
Reply Quote
Sometimes the rare things in Diablo 3 are worth it, other times, i.e. The Veiled Treasure, they will drive you mentally insane, I have ran the Desolate Sands 400 times, came across the Ancient Device 1 out of every 10 or 20 runs, and have yet to find The Veiled Treasure, please someone let me know if anyone else has had this problem!
Edited by Samael5FDP#1637 on 28/07/2012 16:38 BST
Reply Quote
Did about 100 runs today, found all except two elites, the gold shower (lol btw).

Its quite fast doing 20/30 sec runs tbh, but it gets very repetitive very fast ofc.
Reply Quote
God.... I have probably done over 300 runs with this ridiculous achievement. I finally got the Fowl Lair which put me at 9/10, but I have done another 100 runs and have NOT found the Veiled treasure, and above I hear talks of bugs and no check marks. I will end up in the paper tomorrow if I find it and that happens.
Reply Quote
Does it only appear where Zultan Kuile's archives are? I've run to where someone posted a screenshot of where it appears and I haven't found it thus far. I was wondering if they made it "less" rare.
Reply Quote
It appears in the Desolate Sands. If you want you can add me and I will show you an easy way to find it.
Reply Quote
Wheel of Misfortune has just 2 spawn point, so basically get a lvl 60 pg, go normal mp0, wear 25% movement speed and use all you can to move faster then do around 200 times and you'll have your achivments. I did it. If you do that, in 1 afternoon or two you'll be done :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]