1. Is it shared between the group or individual?
2. Is it capped?
3. Are there diminishing returns?
4. What is the scale of diminish?
5. Does Magic Find increase possible ilvl dropped from the monster?
6. Are the drops rolled from the white drops or is it a scale where rare takes 1 of the magic drops and makes it rare. Subsequently, will legendary take a "rare spot"?
1. Yes. Group's sum of MF dividing by total players in group is gonna be the active MF when you loot something. Blizzard has given that formula.
2. No, Blizzard has stated so.
3. This is neither confirmed nor denied. My guess is it does, in a similar way to D2 post-nerf.
5. No. It doesn't increase "frequency of drops" either as previous posts might erroneously lead some to believe. When an item drops, the ilvl it'll be is randomized on specific percentages (the ones for patch 1.0.3 were specified), the magic quality of the item, however, is a random % that is increased by your Magic Find. Say an item drops with a 8% chance of being magical, with 300% Magic Find you increase that chance to 32%.
6. ^ The same applies to higher quality items. If it has 2% chance of being rare, 300% MF might (there'll probably be diminishing returns here)
pop that up to 8%. Same for legendaries. We don't have a way to get exact values.
So yes. It still works a lot like D2. I don't understand why we suddenly believe it doesn't.EDIT
Take butcher for example. If I kill him with 200% Magic find gear + 5 nephalem valor buffs I get JUST AS MANY yellows as with 5 nephalem buffs and no MF gear on. What does that mean?
On the bosses topic. It has been stated by blizzard, as well, bosses at the moment will always drop 2 rares minimum if you have the 5 NF stacks
, no exceptions, it's another reward for having them. Everything else will be determined by MF. With just 100-200% MF boss loot tends to be almost 100% magical, the chance to pop another yellow is slim in the first place, so it's no wonder it feels low. But, it is there. As confirmed by getting 3 yellows continuously on bosses with the 300% MF I'm running now. The difference starts to become noticeable.EDIT 2
Just how do i equip an entire set before killing an inferno elite mob? That's like a death sentence. I have a 205 mf set without NV, but can't survive a hit with it
If you're playing a meleer, I'm pretty sure you can't do that effectively. As a ranged character, using any sort of CC, even the lesser of snares can give you the 2-3s required to click through everything to change set (alt+click for off-ring), then you need to finish it off without dying. This is much
easier in a group, but your partner will need to have his own MF set as well as to not hinder your drops.