Diablo® III

Can Tal Rasha Set drop in Act 1 on Inferno?

Hello everybody as title says Can this set drop in act 1 or just further in the game?
Reply Quote
I got a piece of a set on Butcher yesterday, so i assume yes but in a very low drop rate.
Reply Quote
It's kinda funny that I got the chest piece from a normal Skeleton...
Reply Quote
yeah it drops in Act 1, also gotten off Skel but was !@#$ty stats. Got one in Act 2 (helm with gem slot; but %^-*ty stats...) also !@#$ty stats. Really why do they feel the need to flood the game with these crappy versions of sets...makes no sense. Just make the damn item super rare.

Its so busted the only smart thing to do is Farm Gold, farming for items directly is only hazardous to your health in D3.... complete waste of time.
Reply Quote
The barb friend I played with yesterday got a super OP monk-set chest yesterday from one of the rare packs in the Cursed Hold, so I guess this is a yes.

You'd have to be !@#$ lucky though...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
it would be interesting to know if the stats are higher or better in act 3-4
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Drops are determined by item level. Stats are affected only in the way that certain affixes only spawn above a certain item level - the same item will, however, always have the same item level no matter where it dropped.

Tal Rasha's (as any other high tier set) has an item level of 61. That means it can spawn with most, if not all, of the highest tier affixes. It also means it can drop anywhere in Inferno, from an Act 1 barrel to Diablo herself. Where it drops will have no bearing whatsoever on what stats it can have.

By the way, here are the item levels for all the Acts of Inferno:

Act 1: 61
Act 2: 62
Act 3: 63
Act 4: 63
Whimsyshire: 63

As for items... for now, you'll have to look up items manually on the Blizzard page ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/ ) if you want to find out their item levels. In a future patch, this will be displayed in the tooltip.
Edited by Hinnyu#2473 on 05/06/2012 11:31 BST
Reply Quote
Drops are determined by item level. Stats are affected only in the way that certain affixes only spawn above a certain item level - the same item will, however, always have the same item level no matter where it dropped.

Tal Rasha's (as any other high tier set) has an item level of 61. That means it can spawn with most, if not all, of the highest tier affixes. It also means it can drop anywhere in Inferno, from an Act 1 barrel to Diablo herself. Where it drops will have no bearing whatsoever on what stats it can have.

By the way, here are the item levels for all the Acts of Inferno:

Act 1: 61
Act 2: 62
Act 3: 63
Act 4: 63
Whimsyshire: 63

As for items... for now, you'll have to look up items manually on the Blizzard page ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/ ) if you want to find out their item levels. In a future patch, this will be displayed in the tooltip.

Does Act 4 and/or Whimsyshire have a higher chance to drop higher level items than Act 3?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
There is insufficient information from official sources, but empirical data suggests that drop chances are equal across areas with the same item level.
Reply Quote
Farming Act 3 it is :p

Thanks for the info.
Reply Quote
05/06/2012 12:55Posted by IDKLOL
Does Act 4 and/or Whimsyshire have a higher chance to drop higher level items than Act 3?

I dont know about Whimsyshire, but I do know that Act 4 on Inferno difficulty dropps ilvl 63 twice as often as it does in Act 3. So in Act 4 you have higher chance to see the dropps, but again, if it takes you 10 minutes to kill one elite pack, then just farm Act 3 I suppose.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
12/06/2012 17:01Posted by Doriot
I dont know about Whimsyshire, but I do know that Act 4 on Inferno difficulty dropps ilvl 63 twice as often as it does in Act 3.

How do you know this? The only table I've seen came directly from Blizzard and that most definitely lists completely equal chances throughout for Act III/IV and Pony. If you have a different source, please share it!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]