Diablo® III

Item loots severely nerfed?

Is it just me or have items been dropping less.. regularly for the past 3-4 days already. Where as I'd farm inferno a3/a4 with 5 neph stacks and killing up to 7-10 elite packs each run including the chance of resplendent chests and goblins... I've yet to see a level 60 (yes, an actual level 60 item) drop - period. All I've gotten these past days (even of Diablo himself, killed with 5 neph stacks and a total of 334% magic find) are level 50-58 items, not more. A week ago I'd run a3 inferno and get my odd 900/1000 dps weapon every 3rd or 4th run, where as today for example I ran a3 siegebreaker 17 times in a row, each of which includes killing 5 elite packs and siegebreaker himself, often times a goblin and resplendent chest and the odd rare pack, the BEST item drop I've gotten was a level 58 rare belt with 70int and 30 resistance to all (+armor and melee take damage on hits as 3rd and 4th attributes).

This also applies to the pony level and other regularly farmed places such as asmodan runs or a4 quest 2.2 runs.
Edited by newb#2387 on 05/06/2012 21:00 BST
Reply Quote
i think its the "if its in ah it wont drop" system at work :) expect the loot to get !@#$tier every day.
Reply Quote
Has there been any official statement regarding that system though or is it all still just a rumour?
Reply Quote
blue post on NA bnet forum. dont remember the exact words :X
Reply Quote
do you need a Blizzard post before you believe your own experience?

It is rigged, they said "item drops will be subject to change in relation to the auction house". So yes, drops are rigged because of the AH. A lot of people complaining drops are essentially garbage for 99% of the game is a clear indication of that.

If you expect a blizzard post about this, the best you'll get is a vague description of how the AH is a central feature and loot is distributed "accordingly".
Reply Quote
All I know is that playing this game a bunch and rarely seeing good loot isn't fun. Challenge, yes, but entertaining? Not as much :(
Reply Quote
Yes, the drop gets ^#$^# each day.

Too many items too fast is bad for the upcoming RMAH.
Reply Quote
Which is entirely pointless and contradicts itself with the entire game design? It takes the motivation from grinding and farming all together, people overprice on the AH rendering it useless as is, I'm not going to pay 30mill for a 1200 dps 1hander while I could, potentially, get one myself by grinding, yet that option was taken from me and because a bunch of greedy kids control the AH, due to a lucky loot, yet I'm supposed to give in? Though, how am I supposed to do that in first place, where am I getting the money from to afford said item if not from farming, which, was taken from me.

In the end, I can relate with the idea behind the system, I kind of.. Like it too, but limit the loot on ALL of the items is beyond stupidity. If it was applied to legendaries/set items which were flooding the market as opposed to rare's and magics, I can see the system being quite useful, it limits the loot of those items, keeping its value up but at the same time allows you to further improve your gear or keep on par. Though obviously, that'd require blizzard to implement any kind of useful set item/legendary into the game which we currently do not have. On the other hand, if you feel you need to limit the drop on certain rare affixes at least keep the magic items at the same rate as otherwise you really, entirely and most certainly will rid the game from players yourself slowly but surely. There's no genuine reason that motivates you to grind and with that, there's absolutely nothing left to do in the game.
Reply Quote
We are forced to use AH. Why they even implemented in the first way I don't know.

I'm curious what impact will RMAH have, on players..on AH..
Reply Quote
I have never seen such a blue post, the closest one I have seen was something along the lines of "We designed the item drops with the AH in mind".

That is all.
Nothing about "items on the AH will drop less" or "people must use the ah to progress because that is how we designed the item drops".

Please, show me a blue post that states the above.
Reply Quote
I grind inferno act 4 whit all 5 stacks all the time steamrolling everything in my way for weeks whit 300 mf and im yet to find a weapon for my self.
I said Hey!!! i can farm for my self not to pay like 30 mill for a decent weapon..but here im -20 mill from ah whit my new 1350 dps crossbow ..and im bored to death..
When i say i farm act 4 i mean i farm it all !@#$ing day :D whit shor brakes to go out whit some friends for hour or so.
Wt f?!?!
Played Diablo 1-2 ...this game geting me bored alot faster..no sense of challendge i kill everything that i see and yet im force to go grind gold for gear..
Edited by Manbeast#2148 on 05/06/2012 22:16 BST
Reply Quote
Hmmm....this is not a good thing over time if it truly turns out to be the case.

Let's say we have 3 stats, and we'll call them Uberness, Leetness and Junkness.

Obviously players will want items with both Uberness and Leetness, but not so much Junkness.

However, the more items that exist on the AH with Uberness, the less likely items which drop are to have Uberness.

Therefore, more with Leetness and Junkness drop. But wait, Leetness is also desired, so those will be plonked on the AH too, so they'll remain in existance.

The Junkness only ones will be destroyed, probably at the smith.

So we'll have tiny chances of Uberness and Leetness, but a huge chance of Junkness.

And it will get worse and worse over time. As the good stats drop more rarely, they will be more likely to be relisted ad infinitum on the AH and never destroyed, rendering the chances of them dropping permanently low.

Sorry for use of stupid names, but I think you get my point (I hope)....
Reply Quote
I have never seen such a blue post, the closest one I have seen was something along the lines of "We designed the item drops with the AH in mind".

That is all.
Nothing about "items on the AH will drop less" or "people must use the ah to progress because that is how we designed the item drops".

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150112701?page=2#33

So, in fact, the AH has to be a factor in how we drop items.
Reply Quote
Cleared 10 elite packs with a friend earlier, got like 2 rares, one was lvl 52, other was a 600 dps xbow.

50% of item drops in this game are for demon hunters.
Reply Quote
Cleared 10 elite packs with a friend earlier, got like 2 rares, one was lvl 52, other was a 600 dps xbow.

how odd I keep getting shields and 2 hand weapons must be a bug, but you have a point my DH can use shields my mistake
Edited by Cyn#2442 on 05/06/2012 22:35 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/06/2012 20:59Posted by newb
Is it just me or have items been dropping less.. regularly for the past 3-4 days already. Where as I'd farm inferno a3/a4 with 5 neph stacks and killing up to 7-10 elite packs each run including the chance of resplendent chests and goblins... I've yet to see a level 60 (yes, an actual level 60 item) drop - period. All I've gotten these past days (even of Diablo himself, killed with 5 neph stacks and a total of 334% magic find) are level 50-58 items, not more.

I have been farming Siegebreaker for the last few days (since it's the fastest farm for me) and most of the drops I have are for lvl60 even if they're useless most of the time. And that's with low MF...

It might be a bug or something because even with 0 MF you shouldn't be getting that many <60s... Maybe MF over some particular value doesn't work?
Reply Quote
from my experience running with 226 + neph is less loot than 124+ neph on ... So try to be as close to 200 including neph and never go past that.
Reply Quote

That is all.

do you just lack common sense or have you never heard of bad marketing?

If blizzard was to blatantly say they rigged the entire loot system, so they'll force you to use the AH is just asking for serious criticism. Even Blizzard isn't that stupid. How they Do phrase it, is by saying the loot is RNG and can be anything, which implies that it can also be constant garbage, which is very likely the result of Blizzard tinkering with loot tables "to make loot functional with the AH". So yes, if you at least bother trying to think it over, you might get it.

Again, does it require a smucked up blue post to tell something or do you simply not trust your own gameplay experience?
If Blizzard says, you don't need the AH, that might as well mean "you don't Have to, but you'll the absolute worst time of your life with this game unless you buy things from the AH". ANd that is basically what is happening to a lot of people.

People like you applaud everything that is in a blue post. When it was stated in a blue post the game will have a RMAH, you probably jumped in rejoice, cause how could this ever become a bad thing .... right?!

What Istaria said above here makes complete sense to me. That is also how i picture "the AH determining how we drop loot". In a loot intensive ARPG, that is by far the most ridiculous decision they ever took. I honestly didn't mind people being stupid and buying items outside the game. At least that had no impact in my chances of finding a unique oculus by myself. In this game, my gameplay experience is completely dependeable on what Blizzard feels they should nerf or increase today, according to AH sales.

Keep misplaced and downright retarded mechanics like an AH out of this game please. I hope you get the message this time, Bliztard
Edited by Asukhama#2106 on 05/06/2012 23:01 BST
Reply Quote
3 full inferno act 1 part 9 butcher runs and got 4 rares? wtf! that cant be right. Full stacks of valor aswell. Do they really think acting like this will push us to the RMAH? blizzard is deluded to think this
Reply Quote

I see what you did there!

On topic, I've gotten two great items and a bunch of decent ones the last few days. It's just random, you can't expect to haul in the brilliant stuff every day, or it would be game over fairly quick. It's by design.

And all of you guys saying the drop chances are linked to the AH - you forgot to wear your tinfoil hats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]