Diablo® III

Diablo 3 lag

Blizzard should be ashamed. The lag makes it unplayable and 100% of it is on their side. I have an extremely good computer with extremely fast internet. This always on crap has ruined it for me and as far as I'm concerned. Diablo 2 is the latest Diablo game.
You are as naive as you are ignorant. Stop trying to avoid the issue. His details do not matter when 100% of the lag is server side.
huge lags after the patch :O
53 Human Hunter
as always... still no solution..
85 Draenei Warrior
I just suffered a 12 minute lag spike. Yes, 12 minutes.

While it was happening I pressed esc to save my neph buff and alt tabbed out to browse the internet while I was waiting for the game to start communicating with the servers again. I came back to check every now and then, my character still hadn't picked up the loot and my templar was still frozen in place. So, I alt tabbed back out and browsed some more.

When I finally did pick up my loot, the game started lagging again immediately as soon as I tried to perform another action. This happens every day at the same time, around when kids are getting home, people are finishing work.

The problem is simple. The servers can't handle the load, and Blizz need to spend a little money to improve their network performance. The game requires more bandwidth thanks to the DRM, it's almost as if Blizz forgot to compensate for this.

ISP: Virgin Media
Town and Country: Barry, UK
Network Adapter Make and Model: Belkin Wireless G (F5D7000)
Modem/Router Make and Model: Virgin Super Hub (SUPERHUB VMNG480)

1 8 ms 15 ms 8 ms cpc10-bary4-2-0-gw.5-1.cable.virginmedia.com [82.23.250.1]
2 12 ms 16 ms 7 ms cdif-core-2a-ae3-2457.network.virginmedia.net [62.252.34.89]
3 10 ms 11 ms 14 ms brhm-bb-1a-ae6-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.81]
4 18 ms 16 ms 27 ms nrth-bb-1b-ae2-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.185.85]
5 18 ms 21 ms 19 ms tele-ic-4-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.18]
6 18 ms 21 ms 18 ms 213.248.70.29
7 27 ms 19 ms 35 ms 80.91.247.93
8 36 ms 32 ms 27 ms 80.91.247.240
9 42 ms 36 ms 38 ms 213.155.132.155
10 43 ms 35 ms 36 ms 80.91.251.124
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

I don't believe for a second that my computer set up or network are to blame for these lag issues, however I will provide the information requested by the blue.

I probably won't be playing for a while, until I hear that Blizzard are actually doing something about this. If they're seriously banking on the server issues to reduce the player base and leave the remainder playing smoothly to avoid paying for better quality networking/servers... gah.
Edited by Flebberflep#2379 on 13/06/2012 19:02 BST
ISP : Bahnhof
Town and Country : Lund, Sweden
Network Adapter Make and Model : (Chip on motherboard Gigabyte GA-X58-UD5)
Modem/Router Make and Model : Computer running Linux

Connected to internet via 100Mbit/s full duplex connection
Problem: Horrible lag. Heard sound of me stringing the npcs, then a few seconds later I saw it's graphics. Game unplayable. FPS seems to be lower than "Background FPS setting". Even having lag on login screen, typing characters seems to be dragging behind. Even the birds have choppy movement there. This was not the case before the latest patch, that got installed today.

Trace:
Tracing route to eu.logon.battle.net [213.248.127.130]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms linux1.hemmaco.com [192.168.100.1]
2 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 212.85.88.1
3 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 93.182.178.145
4 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 85.24.153.26
5 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms cph-cr1.mmo-cr1.bahnhof.net [46.59.112.59]
6 11 ms 10 ms 11 ms 85.24.151.122
7 11 ms 11 ms 10 ms 85.24.151.108
8 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms 213.248.97.41
9 70 ms 12 ms 12 ms s-bb1-link.telia.net [213.155.131.120]
10 26 ms 26 ms 26 ms ffm-bb1-link.telia.net [213.155.133.112]
11 29 ms 27 ms 28 ms ffm-b10-link.telia.net [213.155.134.135]
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

One wild guess though, could it be the current European Soccer Championship that's hogging all the internet bandwidth? With its streaming videos everywhere?

Regards
Vodruthiel

Edit: Problem seems to be fixed with a simple restart of my computer... Very odd.
Edited by Vondi#2612 on 13/06/2012 20:43 BST
To all those of you that complains, why don't you answer the blues question and provide the information they request? The more information from various sources they have, the broader they can do the search for errors.

I really, REALLY don't like that Diablo III is a game that requires battle.net servers for me to play. I wanted an offline game to play when internet went to h**ll, but Blizzard has made it like that, so accept it or don't play, like me, I've sort of accepted it. But you don't see me "vomit" over it here on the forums (with the exception of this post...).

Now, answer the blues questions, and send the Blizzard programmers food packs or cakes or whatever, so they don't have to leave their computers to eat until they've fixed this. :)

Regards
Vodruthiel
Vodruthiel you're philosophy of "accept it or don't play" isn't helpful. If people had that philosophy nothing would change. It seems to me that Blizzard released a half finished game - popped a cork on a bottle of champagne and then realised "oh crap" when it hit the fan. I love Blizzard - don't get me wrong and their service is usually very good! But this time round? I'm just wondering what's going on in their HQ for the EU. What's the problem? All most people want is honesty.

The fact is - it only started happening to the majority of the people in this thread since the new patch came out...so by process of elimination it's on Blizzards side. How exactly does my modem affect what blizzard can do on their side? Now my tracert? I can kind of understand that.
Edited by ProDeo#2251 on 13/06/2012 20:13 BST
I'm glad to say that my problems got fixed, sort of. A simple restart of my computer. something had gone wrong with the last startup it seems. So my lag problem is gone.

Renegade:
Of course people have a right to express themselves to get, what they think, is improvement. But the tone should be one of suggestion, not one of hate or accusations.

In this thread a blue has asked for information so they can solve it, but I don't see that many people even posting answers to the request, instead it's just blame and accusations thrown. The only thing you get from that is more anger, hatred and accusations. And it doesn't take you (or Blizzard) any closer to a solution.

Think of this: If I got up to you and said: "You f*ing prick. I hate you, go to h**ll". Or if I said this: "I don't like when you do this or that, could you stop, or do it this way instead?"

What would you prefer that I said? What would lead you forward to a better understanding, making you think? There is at least one constructive (positive) way to express negative emotions, why not do that instead of the destructive (negative) way?

that said, I can agree with you that the game seems a bit unfinished, unstable sometimes. And I thinkt that most of the time it doesn't help to complain, the simply disregard it and nothing ever happens, even if I say it in a constructive way. Just like another big popular company you might associate with a fruit... And, yes, I get very frustrated by that.

And before anyone else say it, I spell like s**t :) And no, English isn't my native language either.

Regards
Vodruthiel
Playing and having fun.. 55ms all green
then attacking a pack of mobs... HOLY SH** 900ms and everything stops
lagg over, 63ms all green
dead.

Lagg wipes is the best<3
I understand what you're saying Vodruthiel. However, quite a few people are being constructive - as I said previously most people just want info. If Blizzard offered that there would be far fewer complaints. All in all though I agree with what you say.

Your spelling is fine. Much better than a lot of native speakers.
Major lag also here too. My video card and all my requirements meet the specifications. About to take game back and get a refund. I thought it would have been fixed by now its been a month. Been tinkering with everything to try to fix it including d3 preferences folder. Nothing works.
85 Draenei Warrior
Nothing works because it's nothing to do with us =). It's Blizzard's servers that are the problem.

All we can do is wait for word that this is being looked into, and hope they stop assuming each individual user on different pcs, different networks, in different parts of the world are each having the same problem.
lag or slow motion, unable to play d3 anyway, and its not my computer or internet fault.
85 Draenei Warrior
The FPS lag is to do with how the game loads. It loads progressively which puts extra strain on the harddrive and causes stuttering.

The server lag is caused by excess traffic that the servers can't handle, which causes a communication breakdown between server and client.

Both are problems that Blizzard needs to fix ASAP.
85 Orc Death Knight
In the rush hours (afternoon-evening-early night) I suffer terrible lag going from 1k up to 2,5k ms. I have randomly entered the US server and guess what, ping was on the green scale (av 230ms which is reasonable for EU - US connection), then I went back to EU server, my ping was at green range around 80 ms for 2-4 min and then lags struck back to 2k ms. Well, I did go back to the US server to see whats happening, ping was 230 in average, went back to EU the same - 2 min low ping and then epic lags teleporting and wipe festing.

I belive this is good enough reason to rage on Bli$$ard to get them to fix overcrowder servers. Try it out and let me know whats your output.

Of course all other games stay low at 30-80 ms.
getting huge lag spikes after the patch, sometimes 30 sec+ unplayable even with low lvl chars.
cmmon blizz fix ur damn game alrdy its been 10 years of workout and u still cant figure wtf is going on , its like u hired 10 year old coders to work on ur project..
ISP: UPC
Country and city: Hungary, Budapest
Ethernet: Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-e
Router: SMC network router, the modem provided by the ISP, 120 MB/Sec

Experiencing lag spikes, and with each day it gets worse. Now the game is nearly unplayable on hell. :(
Fix this please, WoW, SCII. runs perfectly, and Diablo was also fine till last week when the patches and hotfixes came. Someone really messed up something with the patch.....
It took me 1 day to get to act 4, and 3 days to pass act 4 because of the lag. Izual killed me 20 times, and diablo around 15 times and i still cannot finish the game. So come on! Give us some juice!
So it's not our fault it is blizz fault.

At first i didn't have any lag issues, and i liked the game and enjoyed it a lot. But with lag it is unplayable. SOOOOOOO! I am waiting for people to leave the game, so that i can play:D
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]