Diablo® III

Using Razer Naga Macro for equiping MF gear

90 Gnome Mage
hey everyone,

I've got a question - I have Razer naga mouse and I'v just created macro for equiping MF gear via 1 click, but I feel a bit of fear to use it. Why? Cause I couldnt find any proof of blizzard position in this question - is it legit or not. I was 100% sure that it is legit (like in WoW), but after i noticed that some people say that it is NOT legit.

So, could any1 share any link of blizzards position on that qustion?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Technically it's not allowed. Nor are keyboard macros.
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Paladin
1 human input action => multiple actions in game = not allowed = potential ban. Does not matter whether it's hardware macros or software.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
problem is that there is not a single blue post in simular topics, that's confusing -one message from blizzard staff and question is closed =/
Reply Quote
Any macro is just, plain and simple. Not Allowed.
Reply Quote
It's bannable, quite unlikely to happen, but bannable.
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
http://steelseries.com/products/games/diablo-iii/steelseries-diablo-iii-mouse

That link gives you the answer you seek. It's an officially endorsed D3 mouse with the exact same functionality as the OP's mouse along with the 100 other threads about keyboards, etc., on this very same topic. Since D3 is a registered trademark of Blizzard and the only way you that mouse could exist, without current litigation against the makers, is if Blizzard signed off on it, and by doing so, Blizzard profiting off every unit sold. If Blizzard started banning people for using their officially endorsed product, along with it's functionality, which is its main selling point, they could open themselves up to a major lawsuit, regardless what the ToS/EULA states, since by endorsing such a product, while at the same time considering it in violation, would create a catch-22 and essentially nullify the contract. The only way it could result in a ban is if it were able to detect for you when to switch the gear and do so, which it can't. It requires an action initiated by you. Now some people will tell you that it automates blah blah blah. Well if they read the TOS the will find that Blizzard defines automatization as botting or in other words, the game playing itself, which again none of these products do.
Edited by Wickedness#1448 on 19/06/2012 00:15 BST
Reply Quote

That link gives you the answer you seek. It's an officially endorsed D3 mouse with the exact same functionality as the OP's mouse along with the 100 other threads about keyboards, etc., on this very same topic. Since D3 is a registered trademark of Blizzard and the only way you that mouse could exist, without current litigation against the makers, is if Blizzard signed off on it. If Blizzard banned people for using their officially endorsed product, along with it's functionality, which is its main sellig point, they could open themselves up to a major lawsuit, regardless what the ToS/EULA states, since by endorsing such a product, while at the same time consider it a violation, would nullify the contract. The only way it could result in a ban is if it were able to detect for you when to switch the gear and do so, which it can't. It requires an action initiated by you. Now some people will tell you that it automates blah blah blah. Well if they read the TOS the will find that Blizzard defines automatization as botting or in other words, the game playing itself, which again none of these products do.

And yet people got banned by Blizzard for using keyboard and mouse macros. I know of no case in Diablo 3 though.
Edited by Næx#2745 on 19/06/2012 00:11 BST
Reply Quote
The whole idea of switching gear at the end of fight is not something intended by devs. Hence macros doing it is not fair-play. I think they should simply make you loose NV buff by switching gear (1 stack per 1 item changed)
Reply Quote
The only documented case I can find that confirms such an occurrence is found at
http://infernix.net/wowban/

From his explanation of things he was essentially botting with the occasional interaction by him. He was attacking, switching gear, and healing himself while not responding to any tells from people. Now he claims he was present the entire time repeatedly hitting the button but it's very likely he was running a program that repeatedly pressed the macro for him and from Blizzards prospective probably what they though also. That's speculative though. What he does point out though is a quote from Blizzard on a post in the WOW forums discussing this very same topic. Unfortunately the Link he gives doesn't work anymore but the quote goes,

"We have looked into this matter and haven't found reasonable cause to disallow usage of its functions for use in world of Warcraft. We do, however, reserve the right to come back to this statement at a later point, at which we will inform our players."

I haven't been able to find any such announcement of the reversal of this statement. The main reason being would probably be because they haven't reversed this decision. Couple that with the lack of an official statement on such a policy, especially considering the number of threads on all the forums about this topic, I would say this topic is the elephant in the room nobody at Blizzard wants to acknowledge as good or bad to the public. Instead they are leaving it up to fanboys and forum mods to address with conflicting answer, and in most cases, completely skirting the answer. The only answer from a mod I could find basically went it might not be against the TOS but I can't say either way but it's possible you can be bannned. Play the game at your own risk. While fanboys are just jumping in and saying yes it's against the TOS because, well I don't have a reason, so I'll make one up. and that usually goes the TOS says no automatization so you can't do it. While at the same time ignoring what's in parentheses after the word automatization. That word being (botting).
Reply Quote
19/06/2012 00:15Posted by Falrinth
The whole idea of switching gear at the end of fight is not something intended by devs. Hence macros doing it is not fair-play. I think they should simply make you loose NV buff by switching gear (1 stack per 1 item changed)

This was intended by The Devs, hence why the items exist with no stats but MF. Switch gear just adds a risk of death which this doesn't change. And if it wasn't intended by the Devs, please cite your source of such a statement. Without a source that is your opinion, not the devs.
What you suggest to prevent such a thing as changing equipment has a whole slew of problems. For one, what happens when you find an upgrade. You're not supposed to equip it without risking losing the buff that most likely was responsible for that upgrade. That right there goes against what the Devs want and have stated multiple times. That being they want people to fight the elites more for items instead of just NV stacking, kill boss, repeat in order to upgrade their gear. Which is why they are changing elites to drop 1 guaranteed rare with full NV buff. Another is what happens when your items break? You lose all your NV because you miscalculated/misread how much durability you have left. I know for myself sometimes I get stuck at a checkpoint with multiple mobs killing me the instant I raise. In some cases it takes me multiple attempts of dying before I can get them far enough away so I can escape or tele out. In such a case I would lose all my buffs and be forced to leave the game to maximize my potential drop pool. Defeating the goal they set themselves.
Reply Quote
Note that there is a "DIABLO 3 EXCLUSIVE GAMING MOUSE" with macro functionality that you are NOT allowed to use in DIABLO 3

Reply Quote
Note that there is a "DIABLO 3 EXCLUSIVE GAMING MOUSE" with macro functionality that you are NOT allowed to use in DIABLO 3

Please cite source from Blizzard saying you can't. Blizzard's past policy always said you could as long as you just didn't bot the game. If Blizzard officially sanctioned the product, then it must be usable, including all of its functionality. Until someone can find an official statement saying you can't, then you can. As I already stated, if they banned people for using their officially endorsed peripheral then they would open themselves up for a class action lawsuit resulting in reimbursement of all monies paid. By officially endorsing such a product, it creates reasonable belief that it wouldn't be in violation of their TOS.
Reply Quote
i just bought one can you tell me how to do the same set up to switch i hate reading the manuals.. :-(
Reply Quote

I have one of those mice just sitting new in the box and the D3 headset too. Got them for Christmas and was saving them for the D3 release. I really should of re-gifted them while the game was still popular.

But if the Blizzard endorsed D3 mouse with it's own D3 looking software lets me make macros, how is this breaking the rules?

Now I want an answer before I open and use the mouse.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/blizzard-starts-to-ban-scripters
Reply Quote
Just a quick question OP i have lechesis 5600 and i can do macro but it doesnt remember where the mouse is i can just record clicks (not position of cursor) and buttons....is there any trick to do that. And i wouldnt be scared to use this, razer drivers runs in backround all the time they cant know what macros or buttons you use...
Edited by BadHabitZz#2666 on 02/08/2012 06:58 BST
Reply Quote
I was recently trying to find out if this was legal or not in d3 and I read somewhere that it is, someone had posted a screenshot in here with the filed ticket and answers, blizzard said that using mouse macro's like the one they sell, is completely legal, though using a program to create marcro's is illegal as the progrom you use to make macro's can also make complete bot's, a mouse can't go exactly that far.

that said, google it. it's legal, and now i'm on the search to make myself a marcro for my razer
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]