Diablo® III

Help finding the House of Curios

So for quite some time now ive been checking the Fields of Misery for the House of Curios, just constantly looking through the map then reloading it and trying again. I've looked on the wiki and apparently its got a 25% chance to spawn, which seems pretty high but yet it wont appear.

Has anyone else been having this same problem? Is there something im missing? Or is it just bugged out recently?
Edited by Crutox#2235 on 15/06/2012 22:52 BST
Reply Quote
I'm having the same problem.
It's been like 30-40 times i'm checking all the Fiels of Misery to find it but nothing!

I've read that the 25% chance were really nonsense but I'm wondering if there's any specific conditions to find it.
Do we have to be in Inferno? (I am)
Do we have to start from a specific quest? (I've tried different quests but no more HoC)
Does some character just can't find it, and then you have to try it with another one?

Well at least for the quest, if you can tell us which quest did you choose to find it, maybe it'll help.
Reply Quote
I found mine on normal on the second try, so no Inferno needed :)

Just start at any quest post-Fields of Misery (such as Drowned Temple->) port in with WP and run east to the path, then follow it up and down on the left side and you'll find it close to the path.
Reply Quote
i couldnt find it either... so i made a new char and i found it at once... i think it will either spawn on the first try or never again...

try a new char...

i have the same prob at act 2 with the lair of the lacuni (abandoned mineworks)
Reply Quote
It's there but 25% spawn rate seems a bit high from my experience (but then again you probably have people who see it every time, the joys of random spawns).

My main character found it after 15-20 runs in fields.
Reply Quote
Alright guys, thanks for the feedback.

Im gonna give this another go. :)
Reply Quote
The area follows the pattern in this map:
http://tobias.kemonoart.org/Blizzard/D3Screenshots/D3%20Map%20-%20Fields%20of%20Misery.jpg

All you have to do is follow a path that goes through the green squares., and it will eventually be in one of them.

There's always the Kathra den, one random dungeon, the waypoint and a random spot.
In the random spot there can be the house of curios or random crap, like a log, a burned tree, an empty fenced lot or nothing at all.

Since all of those things share a spot and the other three are used up by fixed things, as soon as you see one you can get out without checking the other spots.
Edited by Mithrán#2507 on 17/06/2012 22:33 BST
Reply Quote
The area follows the pattern in this map:
http://tobias.kemonoart.org/Blizzard/D3Screenshots/D3%20Map%20-%20Fields%20of%20Misery.jpg

All you have to do is follow a path that goes through the green squares., and it will eventually be in one of them.

There's always the Kathra den, one random dungeon, the waypoint and a random spot.
In the random spot there can be the house of curios or random crap, like a log, a burned tree, an empty fenced lot or nothing at all.

Since all of those things share a spot and the other three are used up by fixed things, as soon as you see one you can get out without checking the other spots.

This information helps a lot, i did find something simular online but the map you linked is a LOT clearer and the way you explained it is a lot easier to understand.

EDIT* Just found it after days of looking within a few minutes after looking at this.

Thanks a lot. :)
Edited by Crutox#2235 on 18/06/2012 00:51 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]