Diablo® III

Diablo 3 MF - Gearswap macro

So i needed a catchy title. I really want to know if this kind of macros are allowed. I'm using a logitech G500. With a keyhold macro you can equip your whole MF gear withing 1 second or even less. That being said, i searched for it in the forums, if macros like that one are allowed after all. Every thread i find has no answer to the question, or answers like this one from a Blizzard employee called Omrakos in this thread (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5795159954#new-post)

It does't matter what device or program is used. If it performs a task that automates portions of the game, it could be in violation of the Terms of Use/End User License Agreement and result in an account closure, if detected. I can not give you permission to use any such device or application. If you choose to use it, you do it at your own risk.

I find this to be hilarious since here:

http://faq.steelseries.com/questions/285/Does+the+Diablo+III+gaming+mouse+support+modifier+%7B47%7D+keyhold+macros%3F

-> it's an FAQ about the diablo 3 gaming mouse from steelseries, they explain how the macros are working with diablo. So, judging from the link above i could think those macros are ALLOWED, am i right? Why would they sell a mouse with the function to create ILLEGAL macros.

Sorry for my bad english
Edited by Zeno#2578 on 17/06/2012 16:28 BST
Reply Quote
This is against tos, and your account can esialy be banned if detected by warden... this is unfair adventage that you are using, why not try to swap gear manualyl before kill ? I do it with 5 item slots so far...
Reply Quote
I fail to see where this is an unfair advantage. Its swaping gear for you, not playing your character. Infact tbh its stupid this feature isnt already in the game.
Reply Quote
Well, i dont have that kind of mouse, but I do agree that is really annoying to use that in the "tradition way". As an example: In call of duty you are not allowed to use any external program or in-game change that allows you to spam the bullets out of you weapon that is a M1 Garand in this case. Although there are numerous kinds of mouses that have in-built macros and allows you to the same without abusing any rules. The outcome is still the same, you load out your weapon right the same time, but LEGALLY.

This case I agree with Zeno...
... and LilToD you can believe us that changing 5 gear is not the issue here but when you have your full-gear with MF and change that in a short time - There was not only one time when I died due to changing all my gears.
Reply Quote
yea, i've seen this before. Everything violates their T&C if they don't get any benefit from it. Just like macros were banned for SC2 untill blizz and razer made their SC2 keyboards with macro recording and suddenly - a miracle, macros are viable if u spend extra money on that product.... Screw them
Edited by Weecka#2381 on 17/06/2012 16:59 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
as long as YOU are pressing the keys to do w.e you're fine. What is not going to work is you press a button and a program runs in the background and does !@#$.

As long as YOU do the key strokes your fine. made a ticket and got a reply even linked my naga mouse.
Reply Quote
Software that runs beside Diablo 3 is forbidden - even if it just puts a clock on it or whatever - it's against TOS
Reply Quote
And yes this is an unfair advantage, atleast when you switch gear manually you have the item screen up blocking half the screen and you have to equip the items 1 by trying to avoid not getting 1 shot ;d
Reply Quote
To be honest i do not care if it is an advantage. It would only be unfair if other people had no way to use it, which is not the case. Other than that it's right, it makes me click faster than i ever could but still, the link says the mouse allows those keystroke macros for diablo 3, which means keystroke macros are allowed, am i right?
Edited by Zeno#2578 on 17/06/2012 18:35 BST
Reply Quote
17/06/2012 17:20Posted by Falcorn
And yes this is an unfair advantage, atleast when you switch gear manually you have the item screen up blocking half the screen and you have to equip the items 1 by trying to avoid not getting 1 shot ;d

sorry but in what way am i disadvantaged by other players using this, they save them selves about 1 second. whoop-tee-doo, it has no effect on me what so ever, i do the same it just takes me a tad longer.
Reply Quote
17/06/2012 21:11Posted by EZCheesy

sorry but in what way am i disadvantaged by other players using this, they save them selves about 1 second. whoop-tee-doo, it has no effect on me what so ever, i do the same it just takes me a tad longer.

If you're in HC it's a definite disadvantage. I don't dare take my eyes off what I'm killing long enough to swap into MF gear. If I could do it with the click of a button, I would be comfortable I could do it safely.
Reply Quote
Yeah that doesn't make any sense although i have a friend who got banned for using keyboard softwere in WoW.
I wish blizzard gets their priorities straight. Bots are running amok but they ban people for things like these ..quite pathetic tbh. Well with this paragon system you'll soon have no need for such macros.
Edited by Iulian#2641 on 21/08/2012 01:22 BST
Reply Quote
Ya is complete bull&%$@ that you can use a gaming mouse with built in macros but you can't use a program that does the same thing....
Reply Quote
I log in using keyboard macro - - is that gonna get me banned?
Reply Quote
Any kind of automated play is against the ToS -> Banable.

A macro is a single command that executes a chain of commands.
Example: Where you would need 5 commands (5 clicks) to equip 5 pieces of equipment, the macro equips those 5 pieces in a single command (click/buttonpress).

Honestly, I don't believe this is allowed in Diablo3, sure it's not automated play, but it's as close as it can get..
1: You need a third party program.
2: It's not supported in the game.
3: It gives you a huge advantage to people who don't use this macro.

If it were allowed, it would also be allowed to make a macro that loots everything around you (pots, tomes, rare and legendary items)... a macro that identifies your items (1 item identified per click, so you could just spam one button to identify your entire inventory).

So yeah, you will most likely get banned. My suggestion, make a ticket, link the third party program, everything, etc. ask if it's allowed for use, if you don't get a yes, don't use it. Simple.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]