Diablo® III

Unfair hit detection got even worse

Nothing gets me riled up more than getting killed by a bloody melee mob on the edge of the visible playing field.

If a melee mob starts a melee attack when you are in their reach they should NOT be doing bloody damage when by the time they actually 'swipe' you are half a world away.

Not only are you taking all the fun out of the game by nerfing it to hell and back, you are adding extra frustration by allowing such excrement.

Why on EARTH am I getting killed by melee mobs that aren't even close to me ?
Reply Quote
+1, it's annoying. And I have smoke screen to deal with it.
Reply Quote
Nothing gets me riled up more than getting killed by a bloody melee mob on the edge of the visible playing field.

If a melee mob starts a melee attack when you are in their reach they should NOT be doing bloody damage when by the time they actually 'swipe' you are half a world away.

Not only are you taking all the fun out of the game by nerfing it to hell and back, you are adding extra frustration by allowing such excrement.

Why on EARTH am I getting killed by melee mobs that aren't even close to me ?

The joys of server lag.
Reply Quote
^

The funny thing is, back when Europe was down most of the time I tried logging into the American server and had no lag issues!

Yet again proof that Blizzard doesn't give a hoot about Europeans, if I can play lag free on a US server then why the HELL am I lagging on a European one ?

Why I didn't stay on the US server ? Because sadly most of the people I play with are European, furthermore playing with American buddies is rather difficult with time differences and all that.

TL:DR : Logging into US servers as a European results in less lag issues than joining the EU server --> Blizzard is neglecting European players.
Edited by Kurywusaki#2616 on 21/06/2012 11:32 BST
Reply Quote
Le bump.
Reply Quote
^

The funny thing is, back when Europe was down most of the time I tried logging into the American server and had no lag issues!

Yet again proof that Blizzard doesn't give a hoot about Europeans, if I can play lag free on a US server then why the HELL am I lagging on a European one ?

Why I didn't stay on the US server ? Because sadly most of the people I play with are European, furthermore playing with American buddies is rather difficult with time differences and all that.

TL:DR : Logging into US servers as a European results in less lag issues than joining the EU server --> Blizzard is neglecting European players.

I don't really mind lag issues to be honest they are something I am willing to deal with for the fact I can talk to and play with my friends. I did however whipe 3 times on butcher last night all because the game put me back into a place I ran away from while I had only 88ms. 15k gold repair bill woo!
Reply Quote
^

I don't really mind lag issues to be honest they are something I am willing to deal with for the fact I can talk to and play with my friends. I did however whipe 3 times on butcher last night all because the game put me back into a place I ran away from while I had only 88ms. 15k gold repair bill woo!

Lag is something all online games face, this game however beats all of the others to the punch.

I have a very good internet connection and my network has never caused any issues, this is completely server-side and it pisses me off.

Dying from lag once or twice every couple of days I can live with, dying every twenty minutes due to lag issues ... that's just messed up.

Blizzard clearly doesn't give a hoot about anyone outside of the US.
Reply Quote

Lag is something all online games face, this game however beats all of the others to the punch.

I have a very good internet connection and my network has never caused any issues, this is completely server-side and it pisses me off.

Dying from lag once or twice every couple of days I can live with, dying every twenty minutes due to lag issues ... that's just messed up.

Blizzard clearly doesn't give a hoot about anyone outside of the US.

I think it more stems down to the geographical distances players accessing the EU server are apart. For example if you play in Jamaica it puts you on european servers what the hell is that about?
Reply Quote
This pretty much gives you a indication of how broken it can be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ8D89Rd5No

Nice US thread about the same subject.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5827302985?page=1

Posted by Bashiok
It's intentional. We don't want a game where the most effective way to play is to dodge in and out of enemy attacks. It's not that difficult to do, and it's just not a very fun way to play.
Reply Quote
I have the same issue with a steady 40ms latency.

Very annoying, takes a lot out of the game. Every reaction of the game feels 'rolled', instead of feeling like a result of a player action.
Reply Quote
This pretty much gives you a indication of how broken it can be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ8D89Rd5No

Nice US thread about the same subject.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5827302985?page=1

Posted by Bashiok
It's intentional. We don't want a game where the most effective way to play is to dodge in and out of enemy attacks. It's not that difficult to do, and it's just not a very fun way to play.

Man how I feel like doing bad things to Bashiok :p

What kind of explanation is that ? I feel dodging adds to the game, if you don't react quick enough you die, now it just feels wrong.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]