Is That A Real Or Fake Email???

Blizzard Entertainment

Blizzard Entertainment

noreply@battle.com

Send email
Find email

Add to contacts
To xxxxxxxxxxx

Blizzard Entertainment (noreply@battle.com)

Sent:

Sunday, June 24, 2012 12:42:44 PM

To:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Microsoft SmartScreen marked this message as junk and we'll delete it after ten days.
Wait, it's safe! | I'm not sure, show content

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal Diablo III account(s).
As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.
It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:
xhttps://us.battle.net/login/en/?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fus.battle.net%2Fd3%2Fen%2Findex&app=com-d3x

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

* First and Surname
* Secret Question and Answer
Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment
xhttp://www.blizzard.com/support/x
Diablo III , Blizzard Entertainment 2012

PS:I put x to my personal info and links.Ineed help cause im not a seller or buyer or etc.I dunno should i reply that.
Edited by Odin#2738 on 24/06/2012 19:06 BST
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Warlock
Call support, looks fake
Reply Quote
fake.
Reply Quote
FAKE.
I get 1 or 2 like this ones each week.

NEVER log in from random email links. Use only the bookmarks you have made.
Reply Quote
This is fake. I was stupid enough to trust an e-mail like this, and got my acc ripped of everything.
Reply Quote
Fake mate, check the address and the links they suggest you go to.
Reply Quote
Lies!
I get this kind of spam from time to time, they just want you to give them your account data via Internet browser

Just delete it
Reply Quote
Ty all for reply i m gonna delete that and i ll buy security tool soon.
Reply Quote
Blizzard never ask you to do something to allow them to ban you, they will do it and then tell you why, never the other way around.
Reply Quote
16 Blood Elf Mage
I actually recieved the same mail.
Reply Quote
26/06/2012 10:19Posted by Sherena
I actually recieved the same mail.

just delete this kind of emails, they are just scam.
Blizzard doesnt need your account name/password/secret question, because they already have them all. Looks like a lot people are forgetting this.

also battle.com email address has nothing to do with Blizzard or battle.net
Edited by Ceris#2249 on 26/06/2012 10:25 BST
Reply Quote
As real as a fake can be!
Reply Quote
noreply@battle.com <- should give it away at once. You dont even need to read the rest.
Reply Quote
Ofcourse its fake.

Are you from the US? that should be your first clue.

But blizzard never puts in links anyway.
Nor do they ever ask for passwords etc.
Reply Quote
Is it called battle.com or battle.net?
Reply Quote
There is 1 simple way for any email to spot if it is fake or not:

Blizzard will NEVER post links into emails, they will want you to log in to your bnet account.

Any respectable company would never send you direct links.
Reply Quote
Its fake.

I recieve emails like this every day for my WoW and Diablo3 accounts on top of Runescape, Aion and Rift for some reason

I dont have Aion, Runescape or Rift accounts so thats really funny.

Thing is if blizzard are going to ban your account they just will and inform you of the fact AFTER the ban. not warn you that they may ban you.
Reply Quote
24/06/2012 19:04Posted by Odin
noreply@battle.com

Its fake.

I recieve emails like this every day for my WoW and Diablo3 accounts on top of Runescape, Aion and Rift for some reason

I dont have Aion, Runescape or Rift accounts so thats really funny.

Thing is if blizzard are going to ban your account they just will and inform you of the fact AFTER the ban. not warn you that they may ban you.

your email account is in circulation, if i was you i would ditch it and make another, ofc remembering to update your details in battle.net
Reply Quote
Usually if you mouse over the links (if your mail client does that) you'll notice at the bottom or somewhere that the actual link is different than the one diplayed. It's not battle.net but something weird and long. It's fake sites that look the real one to steal your password.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]