I have had Stuttering, Key Lag, and Rubberbanding since the last patch 1.0.3
My system meets the recommended specs and I have not had any problems with any other programs/games.
Diablo 3 was running fine with the highest settings before the patch, now issues occur on average every 3-5 seconds. I have provided a list below of all the steps I have tried to correct the problem. Recommended by the Blues in these posts:http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4797099976?page=2http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4848645863So I Have:
*Updated all drivers (They were already current)
*Ran Scandisk and Defrag
*Deleted the Cache Folder
*Turned off all unnecessary background programs
*Disabed Windows Drive Indexing (for all files and subfolders)I found this post and tried the things Ethereal Mog Suggested:
*Rebuilt the battle.net folder
*Deleted the D3Prefs.txt file
*Changed Settings with all variations on Hardware Class and Trilinear FilteringI also tried these things posted throughout the forum:
*Turning off Shadows
*Lowering Graphics and sound settings to lowest settings
*Disabling SoundI Just found this post and did what Edstroyer suggested:
*Transferred MPQs folder to USB drive and set the symbolic link
It seems to be running smooth again with Graphics/Sound at default settings
Previously I would do one of the things mentioned above and the issues would improve slightly for about an hour or two and then go back to running poorly. Occurrences would typically be every 3-5 seconds when bad and 6-10 seconds when improved. This MPQs folder fix seems to have almost completely eliminated my problems. Time will tell (fingers crossed)
I hope this helps someone else, or gives Blizzard some info to work with. Many thanks to all the people posting and working to help out![EDIT]
I forgot to mention that Latency/Lag has not been an issue for me. I know some people are experiencing similar issues due to "Lag Spikes". As Edstroyer stated it's important we don't confuse the two (Post-patch problems and Lag Spikes) have been Separate issues for folks with different resolutions.
I have kept an eye on Latency since purchase around May 20th. (Roughly time wise) The first two weeks I got a dependable 30-35ms, 2 weeks later it was 60-70ms, two weeks later 95-105ms and that's were it stayed. Though I still had smooth gameplay at 100ms BEFORE the patch. I occasionally get Lag Spikes but they are few and far between, thus not a problem for me so far.