Diablo® III

Why this game has quickly got more and more boring....

85 Night Elf Rogue
Im more of a forum reader than poster but I feel I just needed to express my thoughts on why im really not enjoying this game at the moment and if anyone can relate.

The more I have tried to upgrade gear to progress, the more and more less i have played and the more bored I get of D3. I have repeatedly and legitly farmed through acts 1-3 INFERNO with max NV stacks to try and get gear upgrades for the last 4 weeks to no avail.

Use the auction house or farm gold you say? Again how boring, why would I want to do that? I find it funny how blizzard explain that they dont want game machanics to drive towards one thing when farming gold or farmng elites is the only way its just waaaay too boring for my liking.

The auction house economy is a comeplete mess, even the semi decent items that I get do not EVER sell I have even put ilvl 63 rares up for 50-100kgold and they still dont sell. So between not being able to sell anything and the few repair bills I get in game what are you meant to do for gold?

The latest repair bill patch was abit over the top in my opinion, dnt get me wrong if your dying a hell of alot then your doing wrong and you shouldnt be trying to progress on a act thats too difficult for you, yea I get that im not an idiot, however say you get red gear through an entire quest run on an act its still 55k repair bill for me and I probably just about get that on that quest run, if not less so you have gained no profit and no gear?

Things like this make gear upgrades fro people like me pretty impossible and is got so boring that I end up playing fro aorund 1hr if I can handle it then i turn it off from the boredom.

Anyways I guess my little rant is over, trolls and stupid remarks I really wont give two !@#$s about but constructive critism is welcome and I will read them.

If you feel I am doing something wrong please say.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
You probably ain't doing anything else wrong than expecting to progress "too fast".

26/06/2012 01:36Posted by Lycari
The auction house economy is a comeplete mess, even the semi decent items that I get do not EVER sell I have even put ilvl 63 rares up for 50-100kgold and they still dont sell.

Do you search for items with similar stats and their prices before you put your own for auction? Maybe you do, but it wasn't clearly stated since you just mentioned item level and nothing about the stats.

About the repairs, I havent progressed over ACT II yet. Did some progress yesterday, but I felt like I was still dying too much even that I was making profit on looted gold only. So I went back to ACT I. Constant dying isn't fun for me even without repair bills. Just running through inferno would be even worse.

Do you have any friends playing? Play with them and you double the chance to get an upgrade for you :) If they are willing to share ofcourse ;P

I hope you can find enjoyment in the game, im having a blast with friends and playing solo. Also you might want to take break from farming and start completely new character? Or maybe even try hardcore. I hope things work out for you.
Reply Quote
add me in game ill run with you and be able to explain what if anything your doing wrong online now i make 1m a day in vendor + gold pick up 100k-1m a day from ah and averaged over last 3 days £12 a day from rmah

i use alot of boring methods but can happily show you where and how to farm i wont post on here as if i post my fast 5stack and kill methods it will devalue my profits (assuming ppl listened and did same :P )

sh4rk#2859

If you make 100k-1m on this secret 5stack kill method I can tell you now its not very good. Run act3-4 and get 3m+ every day. But yeah it is dreadfully boring
Reply Quote
If you feel I am doing something wrong please say.

Game is broken. Not even close to D2, it was so amazing to play and gather gear in D2: LOD, collect sets and such.

I tried to enjoy it and i did. When i first completed Normal mode i was thinking that this game is great and fun. Later on i found that BS is totally worthless, on normal mode he always made good items my barb needed. Nightmare and Hell was alright, though i was annoyed that i am forced to use AH, since drops were sucky but okey mostly for alts. I lvled DH to 55 but got bored since i knew that when i hit 60 it will be same !@#$ as for barb on inferno. Farm gold, forced to use AH, since you will never !impossible! to find good gear and progress. But i kept playing game i had high hopes for 1.0.3, i thought i will use BS again, and drops would be alright, and i would finish ACT II....but no....1.0.3 was a huge disappointment. BS still useless, still forced to use AH, farm gold for weeks to buy some good all res gear, ah and cant progress in ACT II at all, couse of amazing repair bill, cant even through my body at mobs now. So after all i decided to play hardcore, very easy since i abandoned JC and BS and used AH all the time. But i knew when i hit inferno, same %^-*, also lots of lags, freezes and other stupid bags. After all i just thought why im playing this game if i don't even enjoy it any more. So i don't play it any more. Around 200h of game play, and i clearly see that game is totally broken. Shame. Ah and yes, i got 2 legendaries and both crap stupid random stats. I remember happiness in D2 when i found legendaries and set items it was amazing. D3 is not Diablo, it's some other game, but not Diablo.
Edited by Etanur#2202 on 26/06/2012 02:10 BST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
26/06/2012 02:06Posted by Etanur
D3 is not Diablo, it's some other game, but not Diablo.

Yes, it's Diablo but it's Diablo 3. Not Diablo 1 or Diablo 2. You are free to play Diablo 2 if you prefer. Or any other game that rubs you in the right way. Why not move along. You cant force yourself to like it.

No, D3 is not totally broken. It has flaws, like any game. But it's a good game and provides lots of entertainment for lots of people. Maybe not to you and the other guy. And as you said you did enjoy it for some time, probably for quite long if you played over 200 hours? I've quit games in under 10 hours, because they were either poorly done or just plain boring.

But thanks for sharing your personal opinion.

Oh and D3 is more fun than D2, my opinion.
Edited by Budi#2138 on 26/06/2012 02:22 BST
Reply Quote
Oh and D3 is more fun than D2, my opinion.

I highly doubt you ever played D2 and you were probably too young when D1 was released aswell.

But thanks for sharing your opinion.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
26/06/2012 02:59Posted by MRVO
I highly doubt you ever played D2 and you were probably too young when D1 was released aswell.

Well I was 12 when D1 came out and I did play it a bit. D2 I played lot more, not LoD though. But D3 I will be playing even more. You have a problem with that? You dont like how I choose to spend my time?

Did you just turn 18 and think that you are really old? Or why are you questioning my age?
Edited by Budi#2138 on 26/06/2012 03:12 BST
Reply Quote
26/06/2012 03:11Posted by Ruthell

Well I was 12 when D1 came out and I did play it a bit. D2 I played lot more, not LoD though. But D3 I will be playing even more. You have a problem with that? You dont like how I choose to spend my time?

Did you just turn 18 and think that you are really old? Or why are you questioning my age?

I'm not questioning anything, but you are clearly a new generation gamer who enjoys D3-wow clone. It's a shame they fail so hard in making a worthy Diablo sequal.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
26/06/2012 03:15Posted by MRVO
'm not questioning anything, but you are clearly a new generation gamer

And you are? My first gaming experiences are from C64, NES and Amiga 500. Maybe your history in gaming goes further? Your hostile tone makes you seem younger than you really might be.
Reply Quote
26/06/2012 03:18Posted by Ruthell
And you are? My first gaming experiences are from C64, NES and Amiga 500. Maybe your history in gaming goes further? Your hostile tone makes you seem younger than you really might be.

I will share my personal opinion, but you sir seems hostile for no reason. It's okey, no one forcing you hate Diablo 3, its okey to like, it's not against law. Chill.

26/06/2012 03:15Posted by MRVO
It's a shame they fail so hard in making a worthy Diablo sequal.

Only hope is Torchlight 2, hope it will be fun. Like really fun....not Action House Online as one author mentioned in one of the posts here on forum.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
26/06/2012 03:24Posted by Etanur
I will share my personal opinion, but you sir seems hostile for no reason.

Oh, I apologize if you feel so. It wasn't intentional.
Reply Quote
26/06/2012 03:30Posted by Ruthell
Oh, I apologize if you feel so. It wasn't intentional.

That's okey. Apologies accepted.
Reply Quote
Things like this make gear upgrades fro people like me pretty impossible and is got so boring that I end up playing fro aorund 1hr if I can handle it then i turn it off from the boredom.

same here... must have played a grand total of 5 or 6 hours in the last two weeks. What puts me off is knowing how long I would have to farm act 1 inferno to get enough gear to be able to finish act 2... just to start over again to finish act 3, and then act 4...

If I do the maths, It took me 60 hours or so to level my barb and kill the butcher in inferno (practically no farm involved to get there) that was the fun part. But now it'd take roughly 100 to 200 hours of farming the same act to gear up to finish the game, this is the horribly boring and not fun part.

Or I could fork real money and insta finish the game, but where is the sense of acomplishment in doing that.

I think I'll just do the occasional hour or two per week of farming, just to kill some time, and wait for blizz to come to their senses.
Reply Quote
lol relax kiddo
I was just sayin it is nothing to brag about :)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Well thankyou for the constructive replies some of you have made I apprieciate it. Maybe there are some other things I will try. Sh4rk I will add you in game and see if your methods are worth doing but I do run 5 stacks NV through acts anyway so I dunno what your doing different.

I just wish there was another way to get gear upgrades other than the bore fest farm or AH.

26/06/2012 01:50Posted by Ruthell
Also you might want to take break from farming and start completely new character?

I agree leveling another class would be fun, which I havnt done yet, Im kinda one of those people thats dedicated to my class untill I got the best then Ill move on :P I just dont like the idea that I will be in the same place I am now on another character when I ding 60 so I dont have the enthusiasm to put the effort into another class yet.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
26/06/2012 03:55Posted by Zluu
Or I could fork real money and insta finish the game, but where is the sense of acomplishment in doing that.

Exactly, I do have the money to do this also but I dont think RMAH should be in the game at all and buying gear using this method defeats the object entirely. The worst part about RMAH is that you now have the problem where "BIS" Gear is nowhere to be seen on the gold AH and it is all on RMAH, now thats truely broken.
Edited by Jamie#2210 on 26/06/2012 15:56 BST
Reply Quote
I think the problem isn't that you need to collect good enough gear to progress in inferno, but that you think it's boring having to kill packs in the same act repeatedly. I remind you that in Diablo 2, your only recourse was to kill the same 4-5 bosses, and people did that for years. At least now you have a whole act to do. If you enjoy your class, then this shouldn't be boring.

May I suggest changing your build to one you find fun to play, instead of the most efficient?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Artemis

I think the problem isn't that you need to collect good enough gear to progress in inferno, but that you think it's boring having to kill packs in the same act repeatedly. I remind you that in Diablo 2, your only recourse was to kill the same 4-5 bosses, and people did that for years. At least now you have a whole act to do. If you enjoy your class, then this shouldn't be boring.

May I suggest changing your build to one you find fun to play, instead of the most efficient?

Well if thats your definition of a fun game im happy for you, I wish I could get as much enjoyment out of farming like you do, however for me it doesnt keep me playing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]