Diablo® III

<Item name> bid failed. (Error 31041)

This just happened to me and I couldn't find much about it, so I'll just post what I've got.

First, I've got this sweet, sweet, sweet auction that I found (Swift Strike, 1453.3 DPS xbow with awesome stats), with a bid price of 0 (zero) and no buyout price with only 30m left. This, of course, seems to good to be true, but I really want to place my 1 gold bid (tested incrementally upwards couple of million) and then the error pops up (see title), destroying the chance of getting some nice dps for virtually nothing.

Could not find any page explaining the error code, so does anyone know what it is about?
Reply Quote
it's probably some ghost item that stays there after being b/o
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
31041 = SooL
Reply Quote
This also just happened to me. Twice, last night was bidding on two items and when I went to check them in the morning both of their buyouts went to N/A and their bids returned to 0. lol what?
Reply Quote
Cant bid getting the same ERROR
Reply Quote
If it has a bid price of zero, its already sold so you can't bid on it.
Its a ghost! Who are you going to call? Well it would be blizzard support but it seems they don't have a clue about D3 so thats not much use ;)
Reply Quote
If it has a bid price of zero, its already sold so you can't bid on it.
Its a ghost! Who are you going to call? Well it would be blizzard support but it seems they don't have a clue about D3 so thats not much use ;)

Except I'm seeing it on a different item that had no buyout. Since the auction still has an hour and a half to go it can'ta sold, right?
Reply Quote
I think it says "0" because the person accidentally put it in for too low of an amount, and after it was too late to cancel, they did the AH glitch where you can cancel a bid at any time. Although that bug is patched, you can still set your time back or forward on your computer and the auction will say "Expired".
Reply Quote
i had this happen to an item, i was there bidding on it from the 1 day 11 hour mark, at the last hour it did that, everyone told me that they somehow canceled it
Reply Quote
I have a thing for sale right now with 2h left and it was up in 8m in bidding but now it says 0 and 1h 30m left on the item.
So this is no ghost. it´s just Blizzard that can´t make a fully working game
Reply Quote
27/06/2012 15:24Posted by Tesla
I think it says "0" because the person accidentally put it in for too low of an amount, and after it was too late to cancel, they did the AH glitch where you can cancel a bid at any time. Although that bug is patched, you can still set your time back or forward on your computer and the auction will say "Expired".

Dont do business with this guy. He is a known scammer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you press same time with another person to buyout it says bid failed %50
Reply Quote
Error 31041- I did bid on a bracer and this error apared in the last 5h50m...I noticed I lost the gold and no item in my stash ...? Who do we call?
Reply Quote
I've seen this before. Smells like banhammer to me. It also coincides with some work they're doing on the AH right around now.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5960806339?page=2#30

Edit: Hadley had this happen to his auction. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4847925547#7

...try and check his profile.
Edited by Ouroboros#2671 on 27/10/2012 03:07 BST
Reply Quote
This has just happened to me also at 3am - hardly working hours to be banning bots.

I have been tracking an Echoing Fury since yesterday and with 3 hours to go its got a registered bid of 104m.

I check half an hour later and the current bid is at 0 gold, even though i had put a bid of 900k on it right at the start of the auction... how can this be?

After reading into this error, it makes me believe that the seller was not satisfied with the current bid and somehow managed to break the auction, even though a large quantity of players have been bidding and tracking this item.

I read that a player can change his desktop clock settings either forward or backwards and this will essentially make the auction expired.

It seems a bit too suspicious that this occurs after 24 hours worth of successful bids, right at the point someone will be considering sniping an item and getting a good deal.

Isn't it about time this issue was addressed?
Edited by Asunos#2555 on 27/10/2012 03:58 BST
Reply Quote
Asunos, did you check my first link?

I'll spare you the trouble with looking up Hadley. He doesn't exist anymore.

Same goes for Emman and Tesla above.
Reply Quote
same thing just happened to me, I was winning an auction and with 19 min left it says lost bid, I go to rebid on the item and its at 0 gold, I think the ah is either rigged or the creator canceled the auction, which I dont think should be allowed if there is a bid on an item... either way total BS!
Reply Quote
I think its because Blizzard banned the account that put that item on AH for sale. So now that item is gone too and you can't bid on it anymore. Happens alot of times for me before.

I don't think you can use your PC clock to make the bid "Expired" because it been patched a loooooong time ago.
Reply Quote
what has not been patched is the possiblity to bid 2 000 000 000 on an object and that s what makes bids appear at 0.
It 's an exploit ! and what i don't know is why blizzard hasn't patched this bug yet !!

here is the exploit :
find a wonderful item, with a low bid price and no buyout now option.
Bid 2 000 000 000. nobody can go over, that's the bid cap.

is the real bid at 2000 000 000 ?? no because the last bid was, maybe someting like 50 000 gold.
So nobody can go over you and you'll win the bid for 50 000 gold in 1d and 12h.
Everybody who wants to bid, will see the item in the auction house for the next 1d12h with a 0 bid price.

How could blizzard correct this bug ??
By giving people the power....
if auction bid is 2 000 000 000 and there is no buyout now then
give people the people the possibility to bid the item so we higher the price of the item
fi

Will blizzard bans the accounts using this exploit ?
Probably not, how can we be sure that this account wanted to cheat ?
The item has already changed of account.
Maybe it was for a friend...
But i would like a real answer from blizzard, can i use this exploit myself without being banned
because so many people have won an auction i should have won !!

I hope to have an answer, one day ... ho sorry, i've got my answer....auction house will be shut down permanently on march 18th !!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]