Diablo® III

Archon form - the truth?

Channeled spells tick every 0.5 second and if the game showed all those numbers it would quickly fill the screen. So the damage you see, in white, when channeling a spell is a number of ticks, crits and non-crits, merged into one.. SO it actually does crit :) One way to test this is with archon and the critical mass passiv.. Use the archons explosion og start channeling the beam. You'll see that the cd of explosion sometimes goes faster beacuse of critical mass proc.
Reply Quote
You don't get yellow crit text with archon (nor disintegrate, nor blizzard), but it crits (easy to test with critical mass and high crit). Or, alternatively, high crit & high +critical damage (I have +170% on my weapon alone).

You can run archon infinitely with evocation, pure power and critical mass... provided you don't die/have enough mobs to kill.

Not true. I have decent crit damage. With Seeker missiles normal hits are about 20-30k, crits for 80-90k. This is a spell that does about 130% weapon dmg. Archon beam is 300%, and 325% if you use improved archon.. so how come the highest hit I've seen is 60k? Well, because it doesn't crit, or because crit damage doesnt work. Either way this skill is !@#$ed up and blizzard are %^-*s.
Reply Quote
Not to mention critical mass doesn't benefit from any of the Archon spells..

Wizard is so fukn broken
Reply Quote
I suggest you test it as i've described above.. If the archon beam doesen't crit how can you explain the sudden accelerated cd of archon explosion with CM? And the archon skill is f'ed up and wizard is broken might be your opinion but i enjoy both very much.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
You don't get yellow crit text with archon (nor disintegrate, nor blizzard), but it crits (easy to test with critical mass and high crit). Or, alternatively, high crit & high +critical damage (I have +170% on my weapon alone).

You can run archon infinitely with evocation, pure power and critical mass... provided you don't die/have enough mobs to kill.

Not true. I have decent crit damage. With Seeker missiles normal hits are about 20-30k, crits for 80-90k. This is a spell that does about 130% weapon dmg. Archon beam is 300%, and 325% if you use improved archon.. so how come the highest hit I've seen is 60k? Well, because it doesn't crit, or because crit damage doesnt work. Either way this skill is !@#$ed up and blizzard are %^-*s.

Considering all the information being said in this thread, you're not very bright. It's not solely about damage you know. How long does it take to cast one magic missile vs. gaining a tick on the archon beam? I'll let you use the day on figuring out what I mean.
Reply Quote
why not inferno I've been using archon for belial with great success to clear the first phase that nothing can come close instead of trying to kiting / DS / TP inferno post patch doesn't feel the same if you were in later acts before.
Reply Quote
i'm running inferno act 1-2 with an archon build.

energy twister/wicked wind
Diamond skin
archon/pure power
magic weapon/venom
energy armor/prismatic armor
spectyral blades/deeps cuts

critical mass, evocation, blur

get on 30-35% crit
200%+ crit dmg
700-800+ all res
6k+ armor

and you can can archon tank anything in act 2. pop archon, nuke the hell out of everything. effects ends ? go melee, diamond skin, blades, couple twisters on 3 mobs and you can pop archon again in 5 seconds. amazing stuff.
Reply Quote
i've about that stats and belial can't kill me in archon form. and i'm in archon form for 80% of the fight. easy piesy.

just for the sake of it, in act 3 u can't do it anymore, mosnters kills you too fast(i'd love to menage to get higher resistances/armor to try in act 3 too)

but what i'd love the most is some kind of dmg reduction modifier into archon form.(on top of the already increased res/armor. it doesn't scale well enough with monsters dmg in act 3-4 sadly.
Reply Quote
Can someone clarify for me as their still seems to be confrusion in the air? I know archon crits. I also know that crit mass lowers cd of archon. I am still, however, not sure whether crit mass works with archons explosive blast teleport time bubble? Anyone actually know? I don't have the crit gear high enough atm.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
23/06/2012 00:33Posted by Naagauk
That can't be. I didn't get a single crit for over 30 minutes in archon with a crit chance of 38%.

God damn how do people still not know this.

Go and try Ray of frost or Disintegrate.. oh look no yellow numbers so that means no crits!!!!

OMG ITS BROKEN AND IM A RETARDED GAMER!!!!!!!!1

so I ask you blizzard. what the fuk.

Are you serious?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I get yellow crits indeed :)
Reply Quote
30/06/2012 23:58Posted by Arcane
That can't be. I didn't get a single crit for over 30 minutes in archon with a crit chance of 38%.

God damn how do people still not know this.

Go and try Ray of frost or Disintegrate.. oh look no yellow numbers so that means no crits!!!!

OMG ITS BROKEN AND IM A RETARDED GAMER!!!!!!!!1

so I ask you blizzard. what the fuk.

Are you serious?

The fact it doesn't show crits as actual crits makes it !@#$ing annoying. That's enough reason for me.
Reply Quote
22/06/2012 22:08Posted by Frannern
but the will of Jay Wilson is stronger!

LOL
Reply Quote

The fact it doesn't show crits as actual crits makes it !@#$ing annoying. That's enough reason for me.

its easy to see the crits... if you look at the numbers
Reply Quote
Not to mention critical mass doesn't benefit from any of the Archon spells..

Wizard is so fukn broken

:D I lolled, missed this one
Reply Quote
AND THEN WE DUBBLED IT!
Reply Quote
can somebody tell for sure if damage forming of archon beam benefits from critical damage and chanse of the items
Reply Quote
Yes it does like most channeled damage over time. You will not see the critical hit text as the damage shown is the result of many ticks, each of which has its own critical roll.

Be aware that it has a low proc rate and high kill rate so do not expect much arcane power or cooldown in return.
Reply Quote
blizzard gives u 300% weapon dmg for free ! and you still complain . wtf is wrong with you noob
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]