Diablo® III

Switching to Magic Find gear at 5% of elites' life

24 Blood Elf Priest
There are scripts you can make outside the game, binding it to your keyboard allowing you to instantly switch out all your gear. Might cause ½ a second of lag, but bam, from 0% mf, to several 100% mf. Obviously not many people use this, and I kinda think its not allowed. But still, I highly doubt blizz intention was for people to switch out gear in the middle of a fight in any way (allowed or not).
And a putting like a 60 second cd on mf, wudnt really be a noticable change for most. Atleast that way you wouldn't rage about stuff being worthless on AH.
ex:
00.00 - Fight starts, u have 0% mf
00.30 - Elite is at 5% and u take on ur 100% mf gear
01.30 - The 100% mf kicks in
Reply Quote
Yeah an MF fix of a sort will be nice.I am pretty sick and tired of switching 12 items before every pack dies.And since I play mostly in co-op games when no one is doing it I find that swapping 12 items so often for just half the MF because of sharing in co-op even more tedious.

Also although I agree this game has some serious issues, I dont understand why people complain about the item drops so much.I think you guys played too much World of Warcraft and other random MMOs and forgot what Diablo is about.Let me remind you...in its core the game has always been a FARMFEST and nothing more.It resembles a generic Korean MMO game.You play D3 to FARM FARM FARM and then FARM some more.I think most of you still dont realise what you bought and want to be rewarded via a system like in WoW where for the slightest effort you are almost garanteed an upgrade.

People farmed D2 for so many years....I wonder what the forums would be like if the leveling system in D3 resembled even a little the one in D2.

I can say onething about D2 Farming. I would have definitely found more than 5 Uniques and 0 Set items and atleast 1 would be wourth using. I sold all 5 Uniques I found in D3 so far. Infact I sold a Unique Ivory shield for 100K just the day before.

In D2 if you farmed for a week you would easily find one Exceptional or Elite unique that was worth something.
d3 = farm for a month. find an decent item. sell it and use the proceeds to cover your repair bill. upgrades to help you progress will up on the ah and extremely overpriced. the items you find in which you can afford to bid, will most likely be taken from you at the last moment because you can't afford to bid war. time to get back to farming. what's left of the farm.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
they could just make it so you cant switch gear when you are "in combat" just like in wow ;p
Reply Quote
Every gimp is going on about this MF switching gear like its ruining the game or something.

It makes LITTLE difference swapping onto MF and killing the last elite boss. You may increase you chance of getting a blue instead of white by the tinyest bit lol

MF really comes into play when you killing ordinary mobs, chances of magic items drops increased, more chance of getting blue yellow from ordinary mobs. Elites drop you mostly blue and some yellow anyway, so switching to MF jsut before an elite kill, isnt the bonus gimps are making it out to be.
Reply Quote
Every gimp is going on about this MF switching gear like its ruining the game or something.

It makes LITTLE difference swapping onto MF and killing the last elite boss. You may increase you chance of getting a blue instead of white by the tinyest bit lol

MF really comes into play when you killing ordinary mobs, chances of magic items drops increased, more chance of getting blue yellow from ordinary mobs. Elites drop you mostly blue and some yellow anyway, so switching to MF jsut before an elite kill, isnt the bonus gimps are making it out to be.

Go back to first grade maths classes before you bother typing more dumb trash.
Reply Quote
I am so sorry there are no macro keys to autoswitch your gear to another (MF)
Reply Quote
Stupid topic! All this changes only destroying the game.

My friend playing D3 from first day - with easy way have more than 100,000,000 gold (3mil/day + drop was more better before, many good stat items).

Now? With 250%GF (gear+NV) farming max. 0,5mil, crap items ...

And now all this old players want big changes! And new players = go to RMAH and buy everything what farmed before this cool changes!!! THX BLIZZ!!!
Reply Quote
A solution is needed, because the actual version allows cheaters to use an exploit (=MF Swapping at 5% of mob Life) to get better drops as they would get without.

I think the best solution would be a regenerating formula for MF, where MF on gear only states the maximum value of MF for the character can get, and the MF value regenerates over time (for example 1 point every 5 Secs like slow regenerating mana) to the maximum value the gear allows.

Example:
A chacacter has +25 MF on his battlegear and switches his gear to his MF gear which has 225 MF.
In this case, his counted MF value still stays at 25 and raises every 5 secs by 1 point. After 1000 Secs (about 16 Minutes later) the value has risen 200 points to the maximum of 225.
If the character switches his gear back to a gear with 25 MF, his MF value immediately drops down to 25.

Another solution mentioned is to remove the Stacks of NV buff after changing equipment like they are removed for changing skills. This would be effective but imho a rather clumbsy change that would negatively affect the non-exploiting players as well.

General rule: Changes in gameplay to prevent exploiting should never affect the non-cheating players in their gameplay at all.
Reply Quote
.. it isn't a cheat nor exploit .... ... ... ....
It's game mechanic since diablo1. It is easy to die while swapping, it's easy to kill the mob by accident before swapping and it's the only existing "challenging" part of this game where you actually bring yourself in a dangerous situation ... so where in god name is it an exploit?
Reply Quote
MF suck, drop rate suck, İtem stat suck, What are u doing !@#$ing blizzard i hate this game not drop farm gold run ah buy item playing game what a f....

NV realy bad i kill first elite pack no buff i have 235 mf annnnnnnnd drop one or two rare item (lvl low bla bla) but i killing second elite pack no rare or bad magic item wtf!! game going to worse

(Sory my bad english)
Reply Quote
02/07/2012 14:37Posted by MadViper
A solution is needed, because the actual version allows cheaters to use an exploit (=MF Swapping at 5% of mob Life) to get better drops as they would get without.

No, swapping out your gear for MF gear when mobs are at 5% life just gives you a chance to see more rares off the elite. IT DOESN'T MEAN THEY WILL BE BETTER DROPS.

Also people who were swapping out their gear like this were taking a huge risk. They we're willing to pay far greater amounts of gold in repair bills, at a chance to see more rares. If you don't want to pay for a chance at more rares, then just shush, cause your resentful and spiteful remarks are changing this game for the worse. /end thread
Reply Quote
stop freaking changing stuff god damn it...

1 idiot with mega ultra gear +mf comes with a dumb ideea and change the entire economy for the 1000 times....nerf nerf buffs buffs is all i hear...i want all this dumb morrons to buy good killing mf gear and the change to come next year...hope u die in pains u freaking hungry trolls...there are 100 bugs and exploits out there and u cling on a dumb mf switch gear..today i farm with 2x drop in act 2 tomorow is nerfed and so on...u idiot think with all these changes ull get rich or something?...ure dumb soon ull only trade with 10 players since everyone will leave

blizz stabilize your dumb server cause the game is good...stop making dumb changes!.
Reply Quote
I dislike the idea of getting rid of the MF mechanic after such a long period of time. New players and the ones that did not reach the end game yet will be hit the most by such a change as they are still struggling to get proper gear. Just accept the notion that there will be no more end game after you reached the point were you can farm Act 3 (and kill inferno diablo) and move on to another class and/or game.
Reply Quote
30/06/2012 08:20Posted by Palioman
Going to ruin the Auction House and eventually Diablo 3

don't worry about that, RMAH already did.
Reply Quote
If there is only a single way to play at the most 'efficient' level then its abusing the system and will be nerfed
Reply Quote
As if MF does anything anyway. I have 300 and after farming for hours have not picked up even one single decent item. :/
Reply Quote
30/06/2012 09:44Posted by Neshae
OP, dude u r so wrong, u have no clue what-so-ever. The way MF works is just fine, incuding swapping. It used to be that way in d2 and it was fine. This game is flawed in very fundamental way.These days forums r flooded with these !@#$ty ideas how to fix thiz game, ppl r focusing on small details like if its important. No its not, when basic game design is broken. After car crash, u dont start fixing car by painting it. LOL.

I'm sorry, can you type that out with proper grammar so us normal people can understand?
Edited by Kane#2895 on 02/07/2012 18:23 BST
Reply Quote
It will never be changed. Deal with it. In the diablo universe there was never any such thing as "oh you killed the boss, here have this free loot"
You had to kill the boss atleast 200 times in order to get anything worth while.
In my opinion the nephalem buff is already making this game more wow-like.
They should take off the buff and up the magic find gear so that magic find gear that is viable when farming without having to change your items is possible, but leave the possibility of just changing you gear.
For those of you who cant be bothered to open your inventory and change your stuff then you could choose not to, for those who want to have an extra 70% mf or something then you could as well.
And stop being so damn bùtthurt, wow was never any good anyway.
Reply Quote
Going to ruin the Auction House and eventually Diablo 3

don't worry about that, RMAH already did.

Well, RMAH is Blizzard's almost exclusive income for sustaining servers, paying personnel, making profit etc. Do you prefer monthly subscription? Because there aren't many alternatives here. I agree the game is not perfect but everything has its cost.
Edited by Palioman#2898 on 02/07/2012 19:23 BST
Reply Quote
30/06/2012 09:01Posted by Rexal
I presume Blizzard could also post items at the AH with reduced prices in order to define a base and stop the AH running away being fed by gold sellers and bots, as it already has.

Why use the AH, there are already merchants that sell gear. I found them useful when leveling.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]