Diablo® III

"Farming Legendary and it works" (Confirmed)

If you run act 3 hell mode and get a 5 stack of NV and play the whole act with the full stack 80% of the time you will get a legendary. I got 3 in 2 today. Had a friend who had never gotten a legendary tr it and he got one.

Now me i had no MF gear on at all just GF, but my friend has 177% MF before the NV buff. He got his a little past the 1/2 mark for the Act

I have other people trying it as well. Today I didn't get on but tomorrow i probably will.

The drops are for level 50 and higher the ring i got sold for 500k very quickly on AH.

So happy farming people! The key is not to loose your 5 stack and you can get that in 20 mins in the first part of the act.

I am giving this farming method away for free because i have friends with more hours in than me and never have gotten a legendary drop.

It's a tried and true method to getting legendary drops.

There is no guarantee you will get one but your chances are 80% better with my method. If you haven't gotten one by cedera you only haev 2 or 3 more elite packsk before Azmo.

If you have MF gear of course you chances go up much better.

Taken from the US forum.

I just tried this! Made 3 runs and got 1 legendary ring lvl 55 the first run + 1 legendary pair of pants the last run. I also used only GF gear (about 160)

These were my first legendary items. I know Hell is crap, but I was able to sell the ring for 5 mils in 20 mins.

EDIT: You don't have to play the whole act 3. Just start from the 5. Quest Machines of War and finish killing Azmodan
Edited by Baikor#2101 on 02/07/2012 13:54 BST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Nerf incoming!
Reply Quote
Just lucky.. just lucky. Got yesterday 2 legendaries aswell.. in nm act 3 ><.
Reply Quote
do you kill the whole act? I mean, going through certain areas where alot of elites are. killing 20-30 elites and than azmodan on act 3...would that be the same?
Reply Quote
M.O.A.N time blizz...

by the way M.O.A.N = Mother Of All Nerfs:P
Reply Quote
Its about luck, if you farm a3 permanently in inferno. Sometimes you will get 3-4 legendaries in one day and sometimes you wont get it 3-4 days. Btw my friend got 3 legendaries in 4 rare packs. Every pack one legendary. Its all about luck.
Reply Quote
It's just luck.. did that multiple times already for my sorcs gear and never had a legendary drop...
Reply Quote
02/07/2012 13:49Posted by Bluefox
do you kill the whole act? I mean, going through certain areas where alot of elites are. killing 20-30 elites and than azmodan on act 3...would that be the same?

Post edited: It takes about 1 hour for me to finish from quest 5 to azmodan
Edited by Baikor#2101 on 02/07/2012 13:56 BST
Reply Quote
Well i see why this works so well. Act 3 has the highest mob density in the entire game so having a run through the entire act gives you a bazillion small chances to get a legendary.
Reply Quote
It's all about luck, on Saturday I got 2 set helms (immortal king and natalya) + legendary wand in one Butcher run, doesn't mean I will always get that.
Reply Quote
76 Tauren Druid
I heard that if you get 5 Nephalem Valor and you kill stuff in Act IV, you get a good item sometimes.
Reply Quote
The day 1.0.3 was released I got a legendary item, then 3 days later I got another! Since I was wearing the same pair of pants when both dropped I can only conclude that my pants influence legendary drop rates. I now wear them whenever I play Diablo 3 for guaranteed Legendary drops! 100% confirmed.
Reply Quote
73 Night Elf Druid
Thanks for the info, now delete this thread and never mention it again :D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
i'll give it a try....:)

but like ppl say, its more of a luck factor. Few days ago I got legendary fists from a normal skeleton mob in Festering woods Act 1 Inferno.
Reply Quote
02/07/2012 14:02Posted by Chris
The day 1.0.3 was released I got a legendary item, then 3 days later I got another! Since I was wearing the same pair of pants when both dropped I can only conclude that my pants influence legendary drop rates. I now wear them whenever I play Diablo 3 for guaranteed Legendary drops! 100% confirmed.

I always walk around with no pants in real life and i find legendary's like every 10 minutes orso.
Reply Quote
yeh just lucky xD last night i got a legendary 2h mace ilvl57 from a quest at cementary in act 1 inferno, matter of luck, nothing more
Reply Quote
02/07/2012 14:02Posted by Chris
I'd recommend you to sell those pants on ebay for tons of money.
Reply Quote
Well I have farmed the crap out of Act 1 Inferno (50+ runs) and still no legendaries. This is no pure luck. It would be nice if someone else can confirm this
Reply Quote
tried it and found 100 legenderies.
works!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]