Diablo® III

What Is The Best Gear For A WIzard?

Wizard Defensive VS Offensive:

My Gear Is 1000 Resist 10 000 Armor 30 k Hp 25 k DPS. (LIVE LONGER.)
I Also Have A Set That Gets Me 350+ DPS 350 + Resist 6000 Armor 50 k DPS.(KILL FASTER.)
I got so sick of Dying I started buying High Resist High Armor Hp Regen Vit Int gear.
What Is The Absolute Best Way To Gear A Wizard because even with those Stats.
I cannot even Clear Act 3...

Neirther Build IS Good I JUST DIE DIE DIE. How What Are The Best Stats For A Wizard What Should I Be Aiming To Get On My Gear!!!!!!!!!?

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US NOOB WIZARDS. WHAT STATS!?
Reply Quote
try taking a few long deep breaths first is my advice
Reply Quote
Why do you want to stack resists high if you're not playing with a tank build? You're a wizard - you're not supposed to get hit.

25k hp 350-400AR 40k+ DPS is sufficient enough to clear the game with relative ease. 80k DPS 35%+ crit, 250%+ crit hit dmg and everything melts with Archon.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't say its the gear you are using as your stats are above the recommended (I think...) - So it is either your skill build &/or your ability at playing the game.

1000 Resistance imo is to high, especially for a mid-range/kite class. There are melee Wizards, but you'd need to respect to and include Crit Chance/LoH. I'd personally ignore that though, melee Wizards are around to be different and its not exactly proven nor worth changing just yet. 10,000 armor is also considerable, even a Barbarian would be proud!

I would recommend dropping both resistance and armor stats to improve DPS; either crit chance/damage, iAS, more INT. 500-600 resistance is viable and 5,000 armor would be fine. You have two very useful defensive skills in Diamond Skin and Teleport, and rely on ranged attacks, so you don't need high resistance since you keep clear and use skills when needed.

I would pick up a shield with decent block - INT, Life %, Resistance, Crit Chance. Get a weapon with 500+ LoH. Blackthorne's Medal is another nice contribution to LoH, with upto 440 possible + iAS, 11-12% life and two other attributes (INT and Resistance if possible). The other stat I search for is Life Regen.
Reply Quote
youre a wizard, harry - this is not negotiable
Reply Quote
erm... maybe you suck at this game.. :-P
Reply Quote
OP, I suggest its better to invest in DAMAGE rather than defense.. Coz you would die anyways lol..

500 All res is very fine I think,

25-30K HP is optimal for wiz,

Invest in Crit Hit + Crit Dmg + Attack speed and Int ofcourse.

Same as you I'm having hard time in Act3 but tonight I guess is the end of it hahaha..
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:05Posted by ThrunTheTrol
Coz you would die anyways lol..

Let me think a minute... not. U english guys don´t have real good sorcs, or?

This is ur long term aim:

>1kAllresi
>6k Armor
>30k Life
>60kDPS

For dmg please orientate at this values:
Crit Chance >>30%
APS(IAS) >1,5
CritDmg >>150%
Int >>1800

P.S. some recommendations here.... omg ... i can´t even find words for such a lack of competence.

Greetings.
Edited by pSyKo#2685 on 11/07/2012 10:19 BST
Reply Quote
Defensive all the way !!

shield as off hand, 30k+ hp, 8k armor with energy armor, 900+ Physical resistance, 30%+ reduceced damage from melee. 700+ resist all. Id say work on your defence before even thinking about increasing dps.

To all those who only care about their dps, saying "your not supposed to get hit". Well, some times you WILL get hit, no matter how god you play, and then having 70k dps wont help you.
Edited by Lurs#2506 on 11/07/2012 19:48 BST
Reply Quote
According to my observations you would need ridiculous resists and armour in order for a full defensive build to even be viable in inferno.

As a full on glass cannon in terms of totally neglecting all resist and go for movement speed and DPS you would still be able to take 2 hits with 28k life and force armour. Also, make up for the lack of defensive stats with defensive spells like my build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#RcPOQj!dYf!bYZYZa . The rune for acrane orb is deviating depending on the place, like act 3 is more tricky with tap the source but easy peacy with celestial orb. Also sparkflint may be switched for diamond skin when you like to farm to tight spaces like light the signal fires in act 3 which often is ridiculously tight.

So an effiective glass build is less expensive than an effective defensive build, for obvious reasons: You're always looking for more stats in an item like, all res,vit amour and the stuff glass dudes like and more useful stats tends to exponentially increese the cost.

Blizzard have taken measures to fend off extreame offensive as well as defensive builds by introducing enrage timers and increased the chance of reflect dmg affix, like every mob got reflect dmg.
Reply Quote
According to my observations you would need ridiculous resists and armour in order for a full defensive build to even be viable in inferno.

As a full on glass cannon in terms of totally neglecting all resist and go for movement speed and DPS you would still be able to take 2 hits with 28k life and force armour. Also, make up for the lack of defensive stats with defensive spells like my build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#RcPOQj!dYf!bYZYZa . The rune for acrane orb is deviating depending on the place, like act 3 is more tricky with tap the source but easy peacy with celestial orb. Also sparkflint may be switched for diamond skin when you like to farm to tight spaces like light the signal fires in act 3 which often is ridiculously tight.

So an effiective glass build is less expensive than an effective defensive build, for obvious reasons: You're always looking for more stats in an item like, all res,vit amour and the stuff glass dudes like and more useful stats tends to exponentially increese the cost.

Blizzard have taken measures to fend off extreame offensive as well as defensive builds by introducing enrage timers and increased the chance of reflect dmg affix, like every mob got reflect dmg.

Far far from true, here are my stats wich Ive cleared everything solo infernal with, even Ghom.

17,5k dps (unbuffed)
34k hp
7500 armor (buffed)
880 Physical resistance (buffed)
700 Resist all (buffed)
-30% reduced damage from melee (together with Blur)
+12000 healing from health Globes

In total Ive spent less than 1,5 million gold on gear. Im using 1 hand wand + Shield. My 1 hand costed me 800k gold, all the rest of my gear was pretty cheap.

I know ppl who are standing no chanse at inferno who are going glass cannon with 40k+ dps and have spent over 10 million on gear, so Id say 100% sure that a Defensive build is both cheaper an dmore effective than an offensive one.

You also wont be able to clear all with an offensive build, vs Ghom and Rakanoth defensive builds are a must.

Also the enrages arent bad at all, I killed Ghom around 5 minute mark, meaning I survived over a minute past his enrage. I also killed Cydaea and Rakanoth well past enrages. They get slightly harder during enrage, but they wont instant kill you like many think. Ghom spawns clouds slightly faster, Cydaea spawns more spiders and Rakanoth seem to move slightly more. Also the enrages from elites are like 10 minutes, Ive only seen elites enrage once ever, and that was a pack of currupted angels in act 4 with ridicilously high hp, and I still ended up killing them.
Edited by Lurs#2506 on 11/07/2012 22:12 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]