Diablo® III

Diablo 3 not working after Patch install

Hi,

every time, after the game updates itself, it is not possible to play Diablo anymore. After logging in, a message appears that says: "A new patch for Diablo 3 is available. The game will end now and automatically updated with the new Patch. You can continue playing after installation of the patch" (this is a translation from german, so it might not be the exact error message you might see). This happens again and again and no new patch is installed.
It usually works the next day again, but now I can not play. Has anyone experienced the same issue? What can I do? I play on a Mac running OS X Snow Leopard.

Thanks for any tips.
Markus
Reply Quote
i have the same problem on windows7 its such crap i just bought this game today and allready having troubles with it makes want to not play it anymore
Reply Quote
It's because, the both of you have the US clients, and you're both trying to connect to the EU Servers with the new patched client. If you have the correct client, you should be at 1.03a; Where 1.03b patch will be released TOMORROW. The Americas have the patch today.

Your options are: Wait till tomorrow to play, or download the CORRECT client by going go your Battle.net account, and redownloading Diablo 3. As long as you've already downloaded Diablo 3, the download will only be 2GB.
Reply Quote
@Dervy: thank you for this tip.
Reply Quote
Thank you for the explanation!
Reply Quote
14 Dwarf Shaman
DOHH... just delete the game to get the right clint. so its a bit more than 2GB for me.
Reply Quote
36 Undead Rogue
playing from Turkey on two computers on the same table. I don't have the problem, but he does! wtf?
Reply Quote
I've just downloaded the EU client, started the installation and pointed to folder where Diablo 3 is already installed. After few seconds I got ~2.5GB installation. You should not remove your "other" (US client) version.
Reply Quote
Sorry if i didn't understand the explanation, i'm really old.
I have a Snow Leopard MAC, i have the 10.3.b patch, i use the AMERICAS server (because i used to live there) but i can't freaking play anymore since yesterday.

I had to travel to Europe, now i'm here ...and never had any problem about this servers thing, with any previous patch... untill NOW.

I 've been reading a lot of complains about the same in everywhere, but the solucion cannot be: download again the game! it would be a really bad service if that were the only solution.

It supposed have to be fixed tomorrow?
=(

Thank you for the ideas...
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 20:28Posted by massacre
I've just downloaded the EU client, started the installation and pointed to folder where Diablo 3 is already installed. After few seconds I got ~2.5GB installation. You should not remove your "other" (US client) version.

I must say that in the middle of the installation I got an "unexpected error - try again or contact customer support". Tried to launch the game - same error. Sadly, I uninstalled the game and now I am downloading it again. :(
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Im having the same problem its not working after the full download either :(
Reply Quote
I downloaded the eu client and started installation. But after a while, an unexpected error occurs and installation stops. It says, I should try again or contact the customer support. I tried several times to install again, same error again and again. What is this? Should I remove diablo 3 entirely and install completely new? How do I uninstall Diablo 3 on a Mac? Just remove Diablo 3 folder in Applications???
Reply Quote
It's because, the both of you have the US clients, and you're both trying to connect to the EU Servers with the new patched client. If you have the correct client, you should be at 1.03a; Where 1.03b patch will be released TOMORROW. The Americas have the patch today.

Your options are: Wait till tomorrow to play, or download the CORRECT client by going go your Battle.net account, and redownloading Diablo 3. As long as you've already downloaded Diablo 3, the download will only be 2GB.

Thank god finally a decent reply in forums. Worked like a charm and took no time. Cheers.
Edited by D3FACTO#1861 on 11/07/2012 01:15 BST
Reply Quote

I'm having the same issue and live in Canada.

I'll try redownloading though.
Reply Quote
I'm also in Canada. Play on the EU server.
I have the EU client.
But still patch loop.

Tried every fix I could find in the forums but still not working.
Guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow... *deep sigh*
Reply Quote
Same problem from Canada, I have the game in french but play in US server...
Reply Quote
Same Problem and I play on the US servers and I am in Portland, OR
Reply Quote
Trying to download the US Client in put the game un french...which that I have not losing progress! Feed back soon...!
Reply Quote
maybe you have download the EU Client by mistake...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]