Diablo® III

Mobile Authenticator - what if i lost it?

(Locked)

Today I attached mobile authenticator(thanks to app for android) to my account. So as i can see, for each serial number, which was generated on the beginning(when I started the app), authenticator generates different authentication codes, which fits only to my serial number. I mean, if i gave you my code you wouldn't be able to use it, right? I think it's nice, once a week I have to generate new code and use it, to ensure game that I didn't steal account. But what if i lost my phone, or accidentally deleted the app? Because I think in that case new serial number would be generated on new phone/app. If I had that serial number, could I somehow enter it to re-downloaded app to make it create proper codes?

I ask, cause I'm a little bit afraid that i could loose or break my phone, and my whole battlenet account could be lost too.
Edited by PaijanPL#2778 on 18/07/2012 13:09 BST
MVP
View profile
On the app is a restore code feature. If you make a note of the restore code and keep it safe somewhere, if for any reason you need to download a new app you can use the restore code to ensure it matches the original serial number algorithims when it generates your codes.

Failing that, you can get Accounts & Payment Support to remove the auth from your account so that you can add a new one. (Subject to providing official ID)
85 Gnome Mage
it wont be lost. you just contact Blizz with proof of account ownership (id with name etc on it) and its recovered
18/07/2012 13:08Posted by PaijanPL
I ask, cause I'm a little bit afraid that i could loose or break my phone, and my whole battlenet account could be lost too.

I used mobile authenticator too and was also afraid about what would happen if I lost my phone (not much problem if you wrote down the restore code thou)
I still have the mobile app but I'm using WinAuth in my computer instead.
Today I attached mobile authenticator(thanks to app for android) to my account. So as i can see, for each serial number, which was generated on the beginning(when I started the app), authenticator generates different authentication codes, which fits only to my serial number. I mean, if i gave you my code you wouldn't be able to use it, right? I think it's nice, once a week I have to generate new code and use it, to ensure game that I didn't steal account. But what if i lost my phone, or accidentally deleted the app? Because I think in that case new serial number would be generated on new phone/app. If I had that serial number, could I somehow enter it to re-downloaded app to make it create proper codes?

Blizzi will love if you loose it , because you had to buy a new one = money one more time from you to blizzasco
85 Gnome Mage
Blizzi will love if you loose it , because you had to buy a new one = money one more time from you to blizzasco

MOBILE authenticator. pay close attention to the MOBILE part.
you know, the FREE one
MVP
View profile

Wow, that is some trolling failure right there....
I broke the phone and I bought a new one but I can not get into the game because I do not know the password to the mobile authenticator can anyone advise me
https://eu.battle.net/account/support/find-account.html?requestType=REMOVE_AUTHENTICATOR

This way you can get the authenticator removed from your account. You can then login without a new code and add another authenticator to the account. This time note down the serial number so you don't have to redo this step in case you lose it again.
I have a problem.
I have a windows phone, so i used my sisters phone to download steam app. i got the code with R+5digits but my sister clicked to get codes by phone. She deleted on steam my number and deleted the app and now i cant access my steam. Plz tell me i can somehow get me acc back ? :/
Customer Service
07/03/2016 19:52Posted by PSY
I have a problem.
I have a windows phone, so i used my sisters phone to download steam app. i got the code with R+5digits but my sister clicked to get codes by phone. She deleted on steam my number and deleted the app and now i cant access my steam. Plz tell me i can somehow get me acc back ? :/

Probably you can but I'd imagine Steam or Valve would be the ones to ask. :)

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]