Diablo® III

Dead Hardcore hero

So I played Hardcore single player and I got my connection lost. As soon as it was back I log on and of course my hero is dead. Is there any way for me to have it revived? It is ridiculous to die of the connection issue in a single player game. If I played it real single player I would never die in this situation, would I?
Reply Quote
No. What is dead can never be revived.
Reply Quote
Now, isn't that the best service? :)
Reply Quote
Happend to my 60, blizz wont revive.
Reply Quote
what is dead may never die but rises again higher and stronger
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 21:05Posted by Ille
what is dead may never die but rises again higher and stronger

hehe was trying to refer to that but couldnt remember the exact words so made something up myself :P
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 21:07Posted by MuDFroG
hehe was trying to refer to that but couldnt remember the exact words so made something up myself :P

Thats how one is supposed to play hc, start the same class again, get higher, get stronger! :D
Reply Quote
Welcome to the club. You aren't an HC player till you've had a full disconnect during a boss fight.
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 22:57Posted by Aster
Welcome to the club. You aren't an HC player till you've had a full disconnect during a boss fight

On inferno!

Naked!

xD
Reply Quote
Yea, it sucks to die due to a lag spike or some other connection issues, but like the others have said here and the little box before you fire up your HC hero, under no circumstances Blizz won't revive fallen heroes.

Hope you find the motivation to start up again, and good luck on your future adventures :)

EDIT: And of course, I'm sorry to hear your loss man :(
Edited by Dagonium#2998 on 13/07/2012 10:08 BST
Reply Quote
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do. (с)Confucius
Reply Quote
get drunk and create a new toon..

its the only way to be sure
Reply Quote
gl on the reroll, welcome to hc!
Reply Quote
Nature of the game.

Still much better than back in the days of Diablo 2. Oh boy... those were the glory days...
Reply Quote
Died on my 60 DH in Act 2 Inferno due to connection problems yesterday as well, but well what can u do, !@#$ happens.

On a sidenote, isn't the char supposed to log off the game 10 seconds after your connection is lost? Cause my char took a beating for atleast 15 sec before he died, played with a friend who counted.
Reply Quote
13/07/2012 10:16Posted by fitz
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do. (с)Confucius

are you sure thats not homer simpson?
Reply Quote
On a sidenote, isn't the char supposed to log off the game 10 seconds after your connection is lost? Cause my char took a beating for atleast 15 sec before he died, played with a friend who counted.

When a client-server interruption occurs your character lingers on in real-time anywhere between a few seconds up to a minute.

I have done a few tests with a friend of mine. I created all kind of scenarios, which included:
> Game crash
> Disconnect from ISP
> Waiting for (an official) server shut down while standing in the middle of mobs
> Premature manual game termination

My character lingered on anywhere between 3 seconds up to 67 seconds
Reply Quote
13/07/2012 12:18Posted by Dazzed
My character lingered on anywhere between 3 seconds up to 67 seconds

hmmmmm, I might have an ideea here.

Maybe it can be developed that when your character disconnects and you "linger" the least that can be done is your hero to auto-attack while standing still.

- this solution cannot be exploited by removing the cable from PC when in trouble because you will die anyway if its a certain death
- there is still a chance that you get overwhelmed and killed due to the fact that you cannot heal/use defensive skills, but in more than 50% of cases, this would keep your character alive through the disconnect. --> especially if you benefit from life steal or life on hit/life on kill.

Yes, this would be terribly hard to fix by blizz, but I think its possible.
Edited by Truditorul#2371 on 13/07/2012 13:32 BST
Reply Quote
Yeah the auto-attack principle was discussed before but I doubt the current engine is designed for such an implementation.

The way D2 deals with a game termination (instant, regardless of the source) works excellent but is prone to exploits so that is most likely why it wasn't used in D3.

Ideally would be a continuous ping from Blizzard's end. If no answers are received from the client within short period of time, the game engine will then stop immediately.
I wonder how plausible this could be?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]